Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Pinterest Mom posted:

GoC, thank you for opening a new front in the war against Alberta.

Where the gently caress is my craft beer

I can only stretch whole grains so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

xtal posted:

Our medicine would be a lot more evolved under anarchism because people would have the freedom to experiment with herpes vaccines, taking a bunch of ketamine and drowning in a bathtub.

and the freedom to drink as much mercury as they please

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

zapplez posted:

I say let those Venezuelan jerks starve. gently caress anyone that has the support of USA or Brazil. How dare they?

Marxism is a brain disease

lol oh yes - America - champion of caring about foreigners

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

I mean, maybe a new person running will change things but... seems fairly orange to me

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

It's loving hilarious seeing how defensive Canadians get when you say you'd like to live somewhere that gets more hours of sunlight on average and less cold. All the big tough individuals come out of the woodwork to flex.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

James Baud posted:

Not actually true, even phenomenal wealth disappears in a hurry against the scale of humanity.

50 billion earning 6% a year funds 100k income for 30,000 people. If you argue "just the top-up from median full-time income of 50k", then 60,000 people.

Are there 600 people hiding away 50b or 6000 hiding away 5b in Canada alone? I think not. Canada supposedly has 39 billionaires total. Even allowing for dramatic undercounts... and we are a relatively wealthy country.

(This is where an appreciable UBI falls flat, too... Universality is crazy expensive.)

Ahahaha what is this loving poo poo

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

good tune good band

I haven't seen Chi around downtown lately, I hope he's okay and keeping warm

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

zapplez posted:

Just whatever you do when it comes to home beverages, don't post on twitter about how you love the Sodastream you got as a christmas gift to make gin fizz's. People will lose it on you.

Because the soda stream is a stupid piece of crap

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

James Baud posted:

Decriminalization of all drugs is pretty easily bashed as being pro date rape, I don't think there's a lot of demand for absolutism.

That all said, though, the real issue here seems more like the illicit and untrustworthy supply chains - as the state has intervened to make it harder to access legal and grey market opioids, very much screwing over the 90% of people who don't have addiction issues in the meantime?

Prescription gatekeeping and rationing around post-surgery painkillers and antibiotics is a personal pet peeve, though. Most recently experienced (for my wife) this past weekend: positive strep culture result late Friday afternoon after an appointment Thursday morning, doctor hadn't written a "just in case" Rx, screw you if you want antibiotics before Tuesday. Spoiler: her condition got a lot worse so she wasted another hour in a walk-in clinic on the weekend amidst a flood of people seeking MMR shots.

suddenly your off-kilter posts in the van-goons thread makes more sense - this has affected you personally, so now you care

gently caress off james bad

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

:confused: I’m not apologizing for anyone. The reality is that there are places where bribing is an openly acknowledged way of doing business. It’s pretty hypocritical to encourage companies to do business in “risky locations” by offering them them financing and insurance and then act surprised when it becomes public that they had to bribe people to get the work. Of course everyone knew what was going on. It would be better just to say “don’t do business here” rather than put in place rules and regulations that you know will be circumvented or just plain ignored.

lol what the gently caress is this

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Blood Boils posted:

:siren: John Horgan has officially lost my vote :siren:

https://twitter.com/jjhorgan/status/1098696246540218368

i will never support anyone who refuses to acknowledge the supremacy of Lt-Commander Reginald Endicott Barclay III

It's good op

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Entorwellian posted:

Not that it exonerates him, but I think he mentioned this a long time ago before the election happened.

he did and he's right

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

xtal posted:

Quiz: write a law that criminalizes some speech and not others; and also doesn't set a precedent that can be later used against the others.

Solution: ǝlqᴉssodɯᴉ s,ʇᴉ

does it need to be an explicit subset of speech? If not, Section 13 was doing a pretty good job until the cons scrapped it.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

tagesschau posted:

No, what I'm arguing is that private citizens do not have the right to enforce hate-speech laws they wish existed, and that deplatforming people in private spaces is trespassing and not the exercise of free speech so many people here apparently think it is.

Shut the gently caress up you loser Liberal centrist

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

ChairMaster posted:

That's like the most common story I've heard from crackheads in Nanaimo too, seems like they all used to work in Alberta doing oil jobs but then got hooked on drugs and came to the island assumedly so they don't freeze to death in the winter.

I could have sworn there were other posts where he talked about being from Nanaimo... maybe he didn't reference it directly in those. I guess it doesn't matter as he said he was going to Vancouver, but he may have family there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

I hate them because they aren't leftists, if that helps you guys out