Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Holy crap, that comment section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

brucio posted:

Why does anyone engage swagger on this. Any poster who has looked at a canpol thread in the last 6 months has seen him post the same thing over and over again.

This thread gets way better if you have a couple of posters on ignore.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Kafka Esq. posted:

I think possibly the dumbest complaint I've heard about the new Cabinet is "you say this cabinet looks like Canada? WHAT ABOUT ALL THE BLACK PEOPLE? AND LATINOS?!"

This has cropped up among black friends. To which I ask them exactly how many black people were elected in the Liberal party? A) They had no idea and B) They were upset it was only two [please correct me if I am mistaken].

:byodame: How can I manufacture a way for these events to upset me personally?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Dreylad posted:

It's amazing to me that the US has it worse than us for Internet, but having heard a few of my American friends talk about comcast/verizon it is in fact much worse. Somehow.

I had datacaps in Ontario I don't in Illinois, that is a huge deal with streaming media (Netflix and Prime Video). All Service providers are terrible, datacaps make everything worse.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

jm20 posted:

Data caps from Canadian ISPs are not in place because of lack of capacity, they are in place to stymie consumption of over the top services.

I know, which makes the practice even worse. 5% of users use 90% of the bandwidth, so what? Why punish me for my high consumption, it all averages out. Assholes.