Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Helsing posted:

Honestly the worst part was that the agent kept saying "our values" and "we" until I finally stopped them and pressed them on the fact they actually work for a private company, not the NDP. I asked who they personally supported and they started insisting that they weren't allowed to disclose who their private political opinions, which I suggested made the repeated use of the term "we" even more deceptive than the average fund raising pitch.

That's just loving gross. When an actual NDP staffer/volunteer are calling you are getting the call because the person calling you actually believes in the political party or at least the general idea of left-of-centre politics in Canada. When you're getting a call from a private call centre from folks who might have an NDP script one day and a Wildrose script the next those folks can gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

PT6A posted:

Fine, have it your way. I’m not going to continue wasting my limited and precious time on Earth continuing to engage with this den of negativity.

No one likes getting dogpiled when they're very wrong on something and it's a natural emotional response to get defensive or move the goalposts or imagine its just those other people who aren't understanding your valuable point in order to preserve some sense of your take being not totally worthless and untrue. But maybe try skipping through that phase and go straight to the learning and growing part that I'm happy to see you often do eventually get to once someone finds the magical way of explaining something to you that doesn't trigger your centrist defense mode. Maybe next time you're in spain you'll sit down with a beer with someone who struggled with severe depression, suicidal thoughts, and other mental health issues primarily stemming from their poverty and material insecurities from living in the capitalist hell-society that's been so good to you.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

CanPol Megathread: Chairmaster was right.