Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

CSIS can't even keep track of someone that they arrested and held in jail with the help of the RCMP then put in a specific place under house arrest and you expect them to monitor the internet?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Isn't Alberta like 2 months out from their fixed election date? I literally don't know what could stop the UCP from winning a majority in Alberta at this point

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

1500quidpoocati posted:

What’s your point here? We should all just not vote because the UCP has a large lead?

The point is that at this point it doesn't really matter who says what or who you vote for, Jason Kenney Premier is happening

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Postess with the Mostest posted:

That's what they said about Patrick Brown.

Patrick Brown got torpedoed by his own party, I'm fairly certain if he had survived as leader he probably would have done just as well as Ford tbh

The problem with the Hilary/Trump election is a bunch of dumbass talking heads convinced themselves they knew better than what polling said and created "Models" that added layers of bullshit on top of polling numbers that convinced themselves of what they thought were true. Internal party polling and polling firms both showed that Clinton was likely to lose in WI, MI and PA and that was unthinkable so they skipped over it and lone and behold the raw numbers were right.

1500quidpoocati posted:

Ahh okay, I’ll just crawl into a hole and die then :rolleyes:

When the Wildrose and PC parties merged Notley's fate was sealed, it's over for the NDP this time. The focus in Alberta should be promoting progressive ideas locally and working bottom up and organizing people. There is a large dedicated base of people who do believe in progressive ideas in that province, but this election will not go their way. They need to continue to add membership and work towards shifting the balance of power over the next several years.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

infernal machines posted:

Anyone in Manitoba get that latest amber alert?

My cell has been silent although I didn't get the last one either

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I like how the Liberals big skills training announcement is a loving slow trickle tax credit that only covers 50% of training costs and an EI extension that covers 55% of your pay while on training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I'd like to point out that the Liberals in the 3 years have cutback massively on language classes for refugees and immigrants and that companies that bring in workers via the TFW program actively discourage workers from learning english as a means to keep them from gaining full citizenship or moving on from their menial jobs