Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It’s hosed up but you’re not in the same place he is, so you should move past it.

The worst part about depression is that it further isolates you as you push away all but your toughest and closest friends and family.

I hope you changed your mind in the moment Chairmaster, and that you get help. There can be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Furnaceface posted:

I sure hope he got the help he needs from his family there if so. As much as I love these forums they just cant build/replace the close personal relationships you need most if you suffer from depression.

They definitely can’t, and more to the point some of the SA sub forums are real bad for your mental health. This is one of them, and this thread in particular. There is a ton of anger and sadness throughout any politics thread, but this one in particular is really negative about everything.

When I went through some real bad periods with nobody to talk to in person, various fitness threads were super helpful, as were random video game threads. Being able to just talk about things you enjoy is wonderful and distracting. Focusing on things that make you sad and angry is not.

Not sure there’s any way around that given the climate we live in, but for those who do have mental health issues, please keep that in mind. Sometimes you should just log off or stop following certain threads for a while. Nothing we do here will fix the world, and even if it did, if you don’t take care of yourself you won’t be able to contribute.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
We made a video for GC for work and the main colour had to be yellow because it is an election year.

Purple would also have been acceptable.

These are things public servants care a shocking amount about.

Except for this guy I guess.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

flakeloaf posted:

On election day I'm happy to throw my vote away for her.

I thought she was running in Ottawa Centre this time around.