Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Cultural Imperial posted:

List all the promises jt will actually keep.

Here's my list:

cynicism is pretty easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Has anybody actually complained about the cost to repair 24 Sussex?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Svaha posted:

Either that, or his dad's genes will suddenly assert themselves and he goes as bald as a cue-ball.

That'd be frightening

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Why does everyone think that a referendum would fail?

Wouldn't people who vote care enough about voting and elections to want to change the system?

I think I am being naive here

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I think Harper is just the Conservative version of Jack Layton where the party dies a horrible death without him

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

PT6A posted:

Hmm, yes, a supporter of eugenics and sterilization of the "simple-minded" would be a great symbol for national unity!

Is there anybody I learned about in school who didn't turn out to be a horrible person?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I told my friend that I saw a poll that said that 60% of Canadians don't want Syrian refugees to land here and then he called me a racist and that he didn't want to talk to me anymore. Was that a racist thing to say? I asked another guy who goes to UotT as well and he agreed I'm racist and said that poll was flawed and they should poll at universities instead of wherever they did.

I don't even have serious objections to the immigration of refugees to Canada I just feel like I can't talk about it without being labelled some sort of xenophobic scumbag.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

senae posted:

Nobody would think that knowing a poll exists makes someone racist, so something tells me you're leaving some pertinent information out of here.

I'm really not. He said I'm racist and that he went to a downtown (Toronto) march for refugees and almost everybody supports bringing refugees in. People even had signs! I said what about people who weren't at the rally and he told me he doesn't want to talk to me anymore.

University ruined my friend :(

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Mmann posted:

Maybe it's the part where they say they don't have serious objections to the immigration of refugees, which means they probably trotted out the poo poo poll to back up their not so serious objections by claiming that they're part of the majority and thus right.

Nah.

I brought it up because I thought we could actually talk about the issues and benefits like two reasonable people. We both are on the same side I just wanted to have a discussion about it because it's cool and fun to challenge your own opinions on things and delve into popular political issues sometimes.

He asked me about what I thought about the 25,000 number and I quoted that lovely poll for some reason and that was basically it. He didn't even ask me what my feelings werr :cry:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

vyelkin posted:

He asked you what your feelings were when he asked you what you thought about bringing in 25,000 refugees. Where you went wrong was by not responding with your feelings but with a dumb bad poll.

Try to imagine the conversation from his point of view.

You: Hey man, can we talk about Syrian refugees?
Him: Sure. What do you think about Canada bringing them in?
You: Well, there's this poll that says Canadians don't want to bring them in, so...
Him: Okaaay, well, that's a pretty bad and dumb poll and maybe you are bad and dumb for bringing it up as your opening to this discussion.

Oh well when you put it that way I can see how I came off like an idiot.

I didn't think I said it as if I was supporting my own viewpoint, more like "can you believe this", but I guess opening with that was pretty dumb

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Never help anybody

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Cultural Imperial posted:

Remember all the alligator tears for all of Justin bourque's victims?????

Is that the guy who molested Theo fleury?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

There are places in the world where cops don't even carry guns, do you guys think that could work here?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

Don't worry, they'll be strictly controlled and only deployed in extreme situations as determined entirely by the police them selves.

If the police had rules to follow they wouldn't be effective and instead of deescalating situations they would have to call a judge and get permission first which means dozens would (or wouldn't) die annually

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Nobody cares about Alberta anymore

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

vyelkin posted:

I bet honeybees don't even have their own condo bubble.

Pretty sure the bee condo market is collapsing hard right now

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I wish I could get legally baked already

:69snypa:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I can't wait for the Netflix Making a Rapist documentary to come out

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

cowofwar posted:

He's probably just an idiot blowhard.

Probably?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Thanks for this, do you have any other resources to learn more about this kind of thing? As a 26 year old the housing marketing is increasingly becoming something of interest to me, while also becoming less and less accessible as housing prices just go up and up

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

At what point to we begin to blame ourselves

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Nobody can take away your whiteness

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Strawmen burn much easier than actual people

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

e: actually f u got mine

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I can't believe Donald Trump is the president of Canada

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

He only tips 8%

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Jesus loving christ

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

The liberals war on history continues

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

infernal machines posted:

General Dynamics is in London, they're already wearing Klan hoods.

Everyone is a redneck but me

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Didn't know it was frowned upon to call girls pretty

What should I tell you about myself that doesn't sound like pathetic resumé. I'm told I'm a nice person with flare ups of humor, I like romantic walks to the fridge for a cold soda pop, when at home I

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

namaste faggots posted:

in conclusion, gently caress the rurals

This is why Hilary lost

Because rural voters were sick of being called intolerant hicks

Now to write every intolerant hick talking point into law

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Everything is bad and you'll miss these days when everything is worse in the future

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

JawKnee posted:

yeah better just vote for the Liberals because weed right

Basically

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

JawKnee posted:

you're an idiot

You're right!

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

This country really blows

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

EvilJoven posted:

I was in the middle of typing up some lovely post about a Yemeni refugee moving to canada and finding a job only to discover he was hired to work the assembly line for the same LAV the saudis used to kill his family and now I'm legitimately upset about the thought.

Yeah that job should go to a Canadian

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Maybe a goon political party is the answer

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

THC posted:

Lauren hasn't tried that bullshit since afaik so it was a cool & good idea. Still a garbage human tho

What won't they tell us about the mosque shooting?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

You see a basic income will take away the will to work and then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Skippy Granola posted:

Canada is a fuckin' crab bucket, man.

There's nothing wrong with this

Except that the crab overlords have escaped the bucket and the rest of us are still fighting