Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Block-chain fascist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I finally watched that video explaining mpp and I finally understand it. It seems alright in general and better that fptp but I don't like how it makes political parties a real thing and I really don't like how candidate who lose in their ridings can win via the party vote. Would the party rank list be finalized ahead of time? Is it possible for a fringe party to exhaust their list?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Pinterest Mom posted:

OTTAWA — As Justin Trudeau’s new government announced it is bringing back the mandatory long-form census, the Conservative minister who was responsible for its demise said he regretted the decision and wished the Liberals well.

“I think I would have done it differently, looking back on it,” Ontario MP Tony Clement, the former industry minister and possible federal Conservative leadership contender, told The Huffington Post Canada.

That sounds like code for "Harper made me do it"

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

You guys realize that todays junior cabinet ministers are tomorrows senior cabinet ministers, right?

Edit: Didn't see the latest news... now do we get to complain that new ministers with minimal responsibilities are getting paid as much as the more important ministers? *muh taxes*

EngineerJoe fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 6, 2015

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

What do you expect her to do?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I think refugees get dental and eye-care which isn't covered (for most people) by our system. But hey, if people who have nothing can't afford $200 for the ability to see, gently caress them right?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Is it at all possible that, 20 years from now, we will look back at the Ontario Green Energy Act and think that it was a good idea?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I'm really curious as to why you put marriage above not going blind. It must be true love.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I grew up in Quebec and can't speak French. I was never able to learn it well and I've forgotten everything I knew after 8 years in Ontario. I'm sure there's something wrong with my brain but I managed to get a bachelor's in engineering so I can't be that retarded. The annoying thing is everyone asks me if I speak French after hearing I'm from Quebec and their reaction to my answer is utter confusion.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

PT6A posted:

On the other hand, I found it very easy and even very intellectually engaging and fun to learn Spanish, on the basis that I actually derive a benefit from it. I think everyone has to accept that the Quebecois Francophone community does not make it easy or pleasant to learn to speak French. Whereas in Cuba or Spain people actually helped me to improve my awful Spanish and thus learn something, people in Montreal literally laughed and made me feel like poo poo for speaking imperfect French (as they did to my friend who grew up in France and spoke with a European accent).

This is totally true, I've been laughed at by many french quebecers who find it so hilarious that I can't speak their version of mangled French.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

blah_blah posted:

Tuition credits are nonrefundable tax credits and independent of your tax bracket (they essentially allow you to reduce your income tax paid, as if it was earned in the lowest tax bracket). It doesn't make a difference whether you are making $200k or $20k a year.

Except if you don't make enough to pay taxes, you'd need the most help and get the least... awesome.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Didn't the witnesses collude to make sure their testimony matched?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC2iPvXAggM

Watching videos like this it's absolutely incredible that no one directly died from this fire. Check out his first two videos for a brave guy on a motorcycle.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

:supaburn:

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

So the cabinet shuffle was just assigning a new leader of the house?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

The good thing about the GST is it's the best way to get the wealthy to actually pay tax.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

That survey was terrible and I'm pretty disappointed but I guess Libs gonna lib.

I'm on Team Innovators. You Co-operators will be the first up against the wall when the revolution begins. :cthulhu:

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

a fleshy snood posted:

1) Introduce extreme vetting of new would be drivers.
2) Implement strong law and order on our roads.
3) We will roll out a complete and total ban on drivers over the age of 80.
4) Introduce harsh driving penalties and mandatory minimum sentencing. No more WEAK laws.
5) Introduce a Safe Roads Task Force to crack down on the drunk, high, and texting scum that plague our roads.

This is my five point plan to make our Canadian roads great again.

6) Build a wall between Kitchener and Waterloo to keep the riff raff out.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

JohnnyCanuck posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

C'mon out to Eastern Ontario, kid.

Or even an hour west of Toronto

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I don't understand why these two guys would resign to become ambassadors? Is something else going on behind the scenes?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Right, but they can still stay in parliament. I guess it's because they're older/respected liberal party members that this is a better option than becoming a backbencher?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Guys there's plenty of time for Canada to be Italy.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

There's way too many people on this stage.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Hey guys let's hope the terrible candidate wins so our side easily beats them in the real election. That's never gone wrong before.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Funkdreamer posted:

Stockwell Day was a beautiful gift from the heavens and I won't have you say otherwise

In hindsight, sure, but idiots can be elected when the stars align and I'd rather have Bernier as Prime Minister than Leech or Trost.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Avocado toast for all!

If you're making $47,000 in profit a year from running a restaurant why even bother?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

The Cheshire Cat posted:

McDonalds is not going away. There will always be more minimum wage jobs available than there are people to fill them. It's just that now, maybe one person won't have to work two or three of those minimum wage jobs to get by.

McDonalds will be fully automated within 10 years, what are you talking about???

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Happy World Refugee Day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4nKkqdnVCM

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I'll probably vote lib again if NDP doesn't get their poo poo together.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

People just aren't realistic. Yeah, Wynne is crappy, and with Wynne we get poo poo like privatized Hydro One and corporate welfare but we also get socially liberal policies and a $15 minimum wage. That's leagues ahead of the socially regressive policies of the conservatives and what would probably be 'republican lite' comically bad fiscal policies.

Or I can throw my vote away with the NDP.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

https://www.lowes.ca/search/Rev-A-Shelf.html?iterm=Rev-A-Shelf

Wait for a sale, fix your problems ^

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I installed one a few weeks ago and it's great.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Jimbozig posted:

Fuuuuuuck.

Smokestacks to space

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Postess with the Mostest posted:

why aren't we burying trees

Do your part, bury a tree today.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Appliance parts can be half the cost or less online including shipping vs local stores. It's infuriating.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Benny BBQ sauce best sauce (Better than Au Coq even!)

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

cowofwar posted:

I'm a PhD STEMlord and I don't think I make the consideration threshold but I am happy in Canada.

You still have the NAFTA visa

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

I wouldnt be surprised if a lot of yall were fluoride babies

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2479833

<close>

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

First off, suggesting the author of the piece is wrong because hes into alt medicine is a fallacious ad hominem attack and second, the study comes from harvard.

Suggesting a quack is a quack is quackery I tells you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Here's a random article making GBS threads on the study:

http://ilikemyteeth.org/harvard-study-fluoride-neurotoxicity/