Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
Jason Fekete @jasonfekete

More cabinet posts: Carr - natural resources Sohi - infrastructure Qualtrough - sport and disabilities Freeland - trade

--

So Freeland gets trade. Was wondering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
Whatever, we'll get the list in 25 minutes.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Hockey dynastic politics confirmed. Tootoo.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

The history of Canada has been otherwise accepting of brain damaged gangsters, why stop now?

This is a nice room. You don't see the inside of Rideau very often.

edit: jesus christ close your legs, Johnson.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Countdown to racist bullshit about Aboriginals huffing into microphones.

edit: The whole thing began with an acknowledgement they are on Algonquin land.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Garneau as Finance? What?

Leaked cabinet.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

John MacCallum's life is about to get a LOT harder for the Refugee and Immigration file.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

Might be better than appointing an older MP who believes in only FPTP and won't get anything else a serious look.:bahgawd:

I agree with this assessment. Youth and change are going to be the driving forces of the democratic reform portfolio, and they're not required to bowl anyone over, either. I would imagine that there would be at least one cabinet change in the first two years, anyway, to slot in a more vigourous manager for the possible referendum.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Sci-Tech went to Navdeep Bains, who is an entrepreneur?

edit: Hmm.. Duclos is Youth, Social Housing. Has significant actual policy research.

Kafka Esq. fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 4, 2015

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

HookShot posted:

So this has nothing to do with Canadian politics but do any of you guys in Vancouver know if the Pottery Barn has those hydrocotton towels?

I'm going to ikea tomorrow for cheap lovely furniture and also meatballs and would like to get some super soft towels, and the internet tells me those ones are the best, but I don't want to go like an hour out of my way and find out they don't have them if I don't have to.

Yeah, alright, you win.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

quote:

Good Thursday morning to you.

Although the new Liberal government may be very much in the honeymoon phase, it doesn’t look like anyone’s going to be relaxing.

Hours before being sworn in yesterday, Justin Trudeau walked the empty halls of the Centre Block before making his way to the top of the Peace Tower to raise the Canadian flag with his children.

After the ceremony at Rideau Hall, Government House Leader Dominic Leblanc emerged from the first cabinet meeting last evening and let it be known that Parliament will be recalled Dec. 3 and the Speech from the Throne will be delivered the next day. As well, come Jan.1, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s promised middle class tax cut will be in place, Leblanc said.

In a deliberate, radical departure from standard practice in the Harper government, ministers dispatched in gaggles of three came out to take reporters’ questions following the meeting, though they didn’t have many answers at this early stage.

Earlier, a diverse crowd had greeted them at the Governor General’s residence for their swearing in. Here’s our round-up of who landed where and CTV’s compilation of member bios.

And a deeper dive:

Toronto business leader and philanthropist Bill Morneau becomes minister of finance. Amanda Connolly looks at the new foreign affairs, security and defence team. BJ Siekierski writes that Chrystia Freeland, who has gone from trade critic to trade minister, has some major files on her new desk.

Kelsey Johnson looks at the new agriculture minister, Lawrence MacAulay, and Fisheries Minister Hunter Tootoo. Mackenzie Scrimshaw looks at Ottawa lawyer Catherine McKenna, the new minister with the crucial new title: environment and climate change. And BJ Siekierski has the amazing story of Infrastructure Minister Amarjeet Sohi. As well, former regional AFN chief Jody Wilson-Raybould gets Justice and rising star Mélanie Joly is tapped for Heritage.

At first glance it seems this new cabinet will be more eco-friendly than oil-friendly. And what happened to Industry Canada? Once considered a key cabinet portfolio, it is no more. Trudeau has chosen instead to elevate scientific research.

It’s also besties no more. New Foreign Affairs Minister Stéphane Dion says while Israel is a friend, Canada can help more by returning to its honest broker role and improving its relations with other Middle East nations than continuing the policies of the former Conservative government. “The main difference is that we will stop making it a partisan issue,” Dion said. Our Elizabeth Thompson has that story.

And how’s this for a ‘tag team?’ Dion may be Canada’s new top diplomat, but as CP’s Mike Blanchfield notes, he’ll have a formidable partner in Trade Minister Chrystia Freeland — one that could pay dividends in rejuvenating Ottawa’s strained relations with Washington.

Minister of Indigenous and Northern Affairs Carolyn Bennett says the government won’t wait too long before launching a federal inquiry into missing and murdered aboriginal women. As our Kyle Duggan reports, she didn’t commit to a timeline yesterday, insisting this has to be done right.

As for refugees, newly-minted Immigration Minister John McCallum says keeping a campaign promise to resettle 25,000 Syrian refugees remains the Liberal government's goal. He for one isn’t backing away from the Jan. 1 target date.

In non-cabinet related news, there are reports Canadian John Robert Gallagher has been killed while fighting ISIS in Syria. Foreign Affairs says it's aware of the reports and is investigating. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says he was killed when an ISIS militant "detonated himself.”

NDP Leader Tom Mulcair faced his caucus yesterday for the first time since their thumping and afterwards said the party deserves credit for getting the Conservatives out of government. "I think the NDP formed the only real opposition Mr. Harper ever had to face and that's one of the reasons we were able to defeat him.” Right. Is Tom aware of the small shindig that went down at Rideau Hall earlier in the day?

In Quebec, Premier Philippe Couillard has handed Fannie Lafontaine, a lawyer, professor and author, the task of overseeing a Montreal police probe into allegations of abuse by Sûreté du Québec officers. As CBC reports, many First Nations chiefs feel that the government should have included them in the decision-making process.

In Newfoundland and Labrador, Premier Paul Davis is expected to pop by to see the lieutenant-governor this afternoon, formally kicking off the provincial election campaign. Voters go to the polls on Nov. 30.

Here and there:
  • Newly elected Members of the 42nd Parliament participate in an administrative orientation session.
  • Conservative MPs are expected to vote for an interim leader during a caucus meeting.
  • The CRTC holds a public hearing to review the structure and mandate of the commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services.
  • Hydro One shares are expected to go on sale on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
  • Former prime minister Brian Mulroney will address the Albany Club in Toronto at a special dinner marking the end of year-long celebrations to recognize the 200th anniversary of the birth of Sir John A. Macdonald.
  • Alberta Premier Rachel Notley delivers state-of-the-province address.
  • The Canadian Union of Public Employees holds its national convention in Vancouver. Through Nov. 6.

British and U.S. officials now believe the Russian jetliner that crashed in the Egyptian desert may have been brought down by a bomb. Intercepted communications played a role in the tentative conclusion that the Islamic State group's Sinai affiliate planted an explosive device on the plane. That’s prompted Britain to suspend flights to and from the Sinai Peninsula indefinitely.

In a surprise move, Romania’s prime minister Victor Ponta has quit after thousands of people took to the streets to protest over a nightclub fire that killed 32 people. Demonstrators complained about government corruption and poor safety supervision.

Maldives President Abdulla Yameen Gayoom has declared a state of emergency, giving sweeping powers to security forces to arrest suspects ahead of a major anti-government protest rally. Here’s the crisis explained in 60 seconds.

In Featured Opinion:
  • Here's Susan Delacourt describing the steep learning curve facing the greener MPs now in charge of the more powerful ministries. "More than half of the ministers in the new Trudeau government are rookie MPs, and a significant number of them have been thrown right into the deep end with major departments to oversee. It may be the most striking feature of this new cabinet overall."
  • Trudeau himself has a very busy few months ahead of him on the diplomatic front. Jonathan Manthorpe explains why the PM should resist the temptation to stick close to home as his new government finds its feet.
  • Finally, here's The Tyee's Murray Dobbin on how Canada's major newspapers proved during the election campaign — through their endorsement of the Conservatives — that they have now completely lost touch with what remains of their readership.

And finally, think you could be the next Chris Hadfield? You’re in luck. NASA is looking for a few new astronauts.

Have yourself a great day.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

If Trudeau needs somebody to follow him around in public and whisper "you're just a man" to him every once in a while, I'll do it for a meager salary.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

I was too busy reading it.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

I think possibly the dumbest complaint I've heard about the new Cabinet is "you say this cabinet looks like Canada? WHAT ABOUT ALL THE BLACK PEOPLE? AND LATINOS?!"

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Cultural Imperial posted:

We should appoint Wayne Gretzky minister of health, ethics and gaming.

Gretzky for Ambassador to the USA.

edit: or he could be health minister because he knew McDavid was in trouble "as soon as he went into the boards." That's a clinical eye, there.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Gerry Butts came up with that "because it's 2015" line, lol

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Eej posted:

It's fully erect and pointing right at you, as indicated by the shadow that isn't hidden by the leaf.

drat, beat me to it.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

Sure, sooner or later we will do that.

Also, speaking of RonaFaith based Caucus anyone

A day of unprecedented access to Trudeau followed by the interim CPC leader leaving after three questions and reporters being drowned out by chanting caucus members.

Good God, it's good to be free of those loving lunatics.

Edit: Rona Ambrose - just not ready. Nice hair though.

Kafka Esq. fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 6, 2015

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

eXXon posted:

How about the fact that 100% of the cabinet are Liberals?

Scamdal!

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

I don't even know what you guys are disagreeing about, they've already said that they don't expect the infrastructure spending to affect the economy.

Kafka Esq. fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 6, 2015

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

sliderule posted:

Given that it already exists, nothing can effect the economy.

Argh.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Drunk Canuck posted:

You know what, right now is a good time to bring back the NEP.

The exact opposite of the context for the original one?

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

Who ever bought me this av, thank you so much. It rocks!

You're welcome.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

I'm hoping for a 2000% rise in canpol related avatars.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

flakeloaf posted:

:swoon:

That's a well-done av right there.

Credit where credit is due:

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Dreylad posted:

I can never find that Jack Layton comic anymore.

http://www.mikeholmesdraws.com/post/9634664125/true-story-202-thanks-to-mp-megan-leslie-for

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

I can't hate them so far. I'm glad, almost.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Thank God the National Post is telling me who to be massively disappointed with.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Provincial politics is where the rubber meets the road on real pocketbook decisions and I'm disturbed at how few people give a poo poo about them.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Lassitude posted:

I can't wait to hear Sun News describe how Trudeau is a weak leader because he let Canadian assets get seized by a foreign country we're ostensibly helping.

It's very Canadian to just shrug and let it develop without firing a shot. An American Air Force captain would have edit: caused an international incident in defence of his aircraft.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

rawrr posted:

As cautiously optimistic as I was, I didn't really expect 5 items from https://www.trudeaumetre.ca/ to be in progress/completed less than a week in.

Time for Our Elected Reps to ABOLISH AND CONDEMN THE HORRIFIC "ETHNIC CLEANSING LANGUAGE LAWS - forced upon the English speaking population of Quebec these past 40 horrific years. Years that have totally DESTROYED all that was GOOD - ALL THAT WAS EQUAL and ALL THAT MADE QUEBEC the RICHEST Province in the country... the BEST Place to live in the country and the SHINING EXAMPLE of what TRUE MULTICULTURALISM was able to achieve while ALWAYS " Respecting and EMBRACING the French face of the Province". Time to DENOUNCE THE HORRIFIC LIE - the DIVIDE AND CONQUER LIES that the French language is in danger when HISTORY HAS PROVEN the EXACT OPPOSITE is the TRUTH!!! The French language has NEVER been in danger and has IN FACT GROWN AT AN ASTONISHING LINGUISTIC AND HISTORIC RATE - ALL BEFORE these demented, ILLEGAL - RACIST - I repeat "Ethnic Cleansing "Laws".... were forced upon us ALL. Laws that have criminally DENIED CANADIANS their right to live and work in OUR ENGLISH in OUR cANADIANS pROVINCE OF qUEBEC. Time to ERASE THIS DARK DIRTY SECRET that has been DELIBERATELY KEPT SECRET not only from the REST OF CANADA - but from the world - in spite of the UNITED NATIONS CONDEMNING THEM THREE TIMES!! This NEW and improved Liberal; Government has promised to RETURN AND ENFORCE EQUALITY. Time to start with the 2 million English speaking population who have been REDUCED to enduring NO RIGHTS, NO FREEDOMS - ERASURE OF THEIR/OUR EQUALITY AND ERASURE OF ALL OUR CANADIAN CHARTER OF RIGHTS. If OUR Liberal party has not learned its lesson - a ;lesson made clear - from the 2 million English speaking voters - made clear with their defeat in the last election and their HOPE that the PROMISE OF EQUAL RIGHTS WIN in this election then rest assured - the days of OUR VOICES being SILENCED AND MUZZLED - by the Quebec ABUSE OF POWER Politicians - will be made PUBLIC - as will and is being made PUBLIC - how and why Quebec and Montreal has deteriorated into the sewer of bankruptcy and worldwide disgrace it has been DELIBERATELY LED into these past 40+ horrific years!! TIME THE LIBERAL PARTY KEEP ITS PROMISES - and NO MORE DEPRAVED APPEASEMENT of the dictatorial QC Provincial Parties - whose ONLY raison d'etres has been to DESTROY OUR CANADIAN Province - a government that has been ALLOWED by our Federal Defenders and Protectors of our Constitution to force upon us all. By all, I mean all of us across the country who have been criminally SHUT OUT OF because we supposedly are not OMG "Pure Laines" ???? This MADNESS MUST STOP NOW. This horrific and easily proven as such LIE - that the French language is in danger and that that LIE being used to ERASE AND exterminate THE ENGLISH SPEAKING POPULATION OF QUEBEC???? ARE YOU LISTENING MELANIE JOLIE??? Are you listening Justin Trudeau? Are you listening ALL MP'S we in good faith elected to, "Do your DUTY"... made crystal clear in the FULL VERSION of OUR cONSTITUTION'S sTATUTES oF lAW mAKING rEGULATIONS??? rULES AND rEGULATIONS THAT HAVE BEEN FOR OVER 4 DECADES abused BEYOND BELIEF?? KNOW WE HAVE PUT OUR FAITH AND TRUST IN YOU - ONCE AGAIN. TRUST THAT THIS TIME - YOU ALL ABIDE BY AND HONOR YOUR OATHS TO THE PEOPLE OF CANADA - TO ALL OF US... TO HONOR AND PROTECT OUR CHARTER OF RIGHTS.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

Source your quotes.

I did! (Trudeaumetre.ca, one of the newest comments at the bottom)

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Eej posted:

I for one think that we should definitely create a Human poo poo Tokamak.

The Ministry of Public Works version of poop socking.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

It's not going to be unreasonable to assume that a lot of the refugees won't be radicalized, but will fervently believe in conspiracy theories about Western governments. The lack of information from trusted sources creates a void in the public sphere that is filled by artistic fancies of exactly how we're screwing with them. That Counter Radicalization ministerial position may have a lot of work cut out for him.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Baloogan posted:

lol if u think the criminal justice system in canada is fair

lol if you lol!!!

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

why do you both have the sane pony avatar god drat it it's confusing especially when you are arguing

also we really need a thread title, it's dumb to have the colon without anything after

I couldn't come up with a joke for the title until I realized that the thread is the joke.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

jm20 posted:

Drunk, high, sneezing, whatever. Do the crime, do the time.

:stare:

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

edit: this brief could probably entitled "please like us"

quote:

Good Friday morning to you.

So here’s a novel idea: referring to the Government of Canada as…wait for it…the Government of Canada. And that, says Treasury Board President Scott Brison, is exactly what the Liberals are going to do. Gone are the days when public servants have to “brand” all government communications by using the prime minister’s name. Brison says they won’t be referring to the “Trudeau government” as was the case with his predecessor The Citizen’s Kathryn May has that story.

Also gone? Plans to appeal the niqab court case. As CBC reports, Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould is expected to formally withdraw the federal government's request for an appeal of a Federal Court of Appeal decision that allowed women to wear face veils at citizenship ceremonies.

Not gone? The court battle over the country’s mail. The Canadian Union of Postal Workers Federal Court challenge of Canada Post’s decision to end home mail delivery is still going ahead, despite the fact there’s a new federal government in power.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau leaves on his first foreign trip today, bound for Turkey where he’ll attend G20 meetings before heading on to the Philippines next week for the APEC summit. CP’s Mike Blanchfield says Trudeau’s plan is to push his spending and growth agenda during his discussions with world leaders.

Once he’s back, he’ll sit down with the premiers and territorial leaders to talk climate change ahead of heading to Paris for the global climate change summit. The Nov. 23 meeting will be the first between first ministers and the prime minister since 2009. Trudeau said yesterday they’ll be talking about “the kind of strong and cohesive message we will be delivering as Canadians in Paris at the very important COP21 conference.”

CBC has learned that Trudeau will also meeting with leaders from five national aboriginal groups before 2015 is over. Although no date has been set, it will be a memorable day as it will mark the first time in a decade that Canada’s prime minister has met with the organizations.

Talk of an inquiry into missing and murdered aboriginal women will no doubt be a topic of much discussion around that table. Announcing one is something the Liberal government wants to do “as soon as we possibly can,” Carolyn Bennett said yesterday. As the new minister of indigenous and northern affairs, she’s hoping to be able to start a pre-inquiry consultation process within the next 100 days. CTV News has more.

In a complete contrast to the fear mongering from the Conservatives where ISIS is concerned, Canada’s new defence minister, says while the country must contribute to the defeat of ISIS, Canadians shouldn’t be afraid of the jihadist organization. In his first sit down interview since being sworn in, Harjit Sajjan said contrary to much media coverage declaring him a badass, he says he’s really not.

As far as Syrian refugees are concerned, although cabinet is doing a lot of talking about plans to bring 25,000 of them here by the end of the year, there’s been little news on just how that’s going to happen. Our Janice Dickson has that story.

Turning to tax evasion: Ahead of a G20 meeting in Turkey this weekend that will tackle, among other issues, the GDP lost to global tax havens, the anti-poverty organization Oxfam is warning that it’s not just poor countries that suffer when corporations avoid paying their share. Selina Chignall has more.

Premier Rachel Notley has served notice her province will move ahead with a tougher climate change strategy. In a speech last night at the Broadbent Institute Progress Gala in Toronto, she said her government has coal emissions squarely in its sights and suggested more carbon taxes may be coming.

In Montreal, now that the city’s raw sewage is gushing into the St. Lawrence River, Mayor Denis Coderre headed into the bowel’s of the sewer system to look at the extent of the corrosion and rot in the arches of a major interceptor that required the dumping in the first place.

Here and there:
  • The 12th annual Trudeau Foundation conference, with this year's theme about the future — the future of new governance arrangements, of new civil society initiatives, of innovative technologies, of leadership. Through Nov 14.
  • The Hill Times hosts a symposium on climate change. The gathering raises awareness on food security in the face of a changing climate. Keynote speaker Ontario Minister of Environment and Climate Change Glen Murray.
  • Environment Minister Catherine McKenna meets with Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson. Media availability follows.
  • Conference on Canadian military law titled “Winds of Change.” The forum debates and exchanges ideas for the reform of Canadian Military Law.
  • Bank of Canada senior deputy governor Carolyn Wilkins speaks to the Rotman School of Management and the Munk School of Global Affairs (University of Toronto).
  • The Economic Club of Canada hosts the Canadian Energy Summit in Calgary.
  • Wildrose party annual general meeting through Nov. 14.
  • Manitoba Opposition Leader Brian Pallister to give alternative throne speech to outline Progressive Conservative values and priorities.
  • In Boston, Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard meets with Massachusetts governor Charles Baker. He’ll also meet with Paul LePage, the governor of Maine, and deliver a lunchtime speech to 23rd annual conference on energy, commerce and technology hosted by the New England-Canada Business Council.
  • The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development holds a webcast briefing for media on the COP21 Climate Summit.

There was word last night that "Jihadi John” may no longer be of this world. The Pentagon announced U.S. forces had targeted Mohammed Emwazi in drone strikes in Syria and sources told ABC News a flawless, clean hit was completed as he left a building. There was no collateral damage and he basically ‘evaporated.’ The 27-year-old has appeared in a series of brutal execution videos, including those of American journalists James Foley and Steven Sotloff, and also taunted Western leaders in a British accent.

At least 37 people have been killed and 181 wounded in two suicide bomb attacks in a residential area of the Lebanese capital, Beirut, officials say. Although the Sunni jihadist group Islamic State claimed responsibility, that hasn’t been independently confirmed.

In Featured Opinion this morning:
  • Back in the good old days, when newspaper publishers were knee-high to God and could make presidents and prime ministers quake in fear, newspaper endorsements meant something. Before he made the Postmedia papers a national laughingstock with their bizarre and heavy-handed endorsement of the tanking Conservatives in the recent election, someone really should have broken the news to CEO Paul Godfrey — that it's not the 19th century anymore.
  • Tonight, Michael Harris says it's time for Postmedia's brass to take a long, honest look in the mirror and reflect on how they soiled their professional reputation by mandating pro-Harper endorsements throughout the chain and butting heads with star columnist Andrew Coyne.
  • It's a parliamentary tradition as old as the sergeant-at-arms' fancy hat: a new government ripping the old one for lying about the state of the books. Tasha Kheiriddin says Prime Minister Trudeau now has an opening to use the doomy PBO report to pull a Dalton McGuinty — and break his promise to balance the budget in 2019.
  • While it surprised no one, President Obama's final rejection of the Keystone XL pipeline project triggered howls of outrage from Canada's energy heartland. But what if this is the kind of crisis that spells 'opportunity'? Merran Smith and Dan Woynillowicz of Clean Energy Canada explain how the nation can ride the coming boom in green tech — but only if we move fast.

Finally this morning, former NDP MP Peter Stoffer was much-loved on all sides of the House. And it seems there are more than a few people who aren’t ready to see him leave the Hill just yet, so they’ve launched a petition to have him appointed to the Senate.

And just because, we leave you with a bulldog for the books. This record-setting four-wheeled and four-legged furry clearly knows a thing or two about balance. And ducking. Useful attributes in a political career…

Just don’t try this at home, kids, but do have yourself a great weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

rawrr posted:

It feels weird as hell to be reading the news and agreeing with what the government is doing. I haven't felt this way in a while.

I imagine this is how people felt when President-Elect Obama was swearing up and down that he would get money out of politics and close Guantanamo.