Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Martytoof posted:

Let's rename YYZ after Harper. After all it's not like Pearson did anything notable.

edit: Oh wait I misread, it's YYC. OK I don't care anymore.

Wait just a second... Steven Harper International Terminal?

Brb. Gotta sign a petition :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

vyelkin posted:

The rich are running scared.

Note: a poll from April of this year found that 64% of Canadians are willing to pay more taxes to protect social services and 83% of Canadians are in favour of raising taxes on the rich.

Note: there is clearly no correlation between our high tax rates and our low government debt.

I skimmed some of the article but I'm 90% sure he doesn't even mention the tax cut for slightly less wealthy people.

tl;dr: "Don't tax me bro!! :qq:" - a rich guy

http://business.financialpost.com/fp-comment/justin-no-new-taxes

Oh no! Taxes will de-incentivize rich people from working more to make money they don't need?

Where will we find people to fill those lost man-hours of incredibly lucrative work?!? Doom! Doom I say!

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

angerbeet posted:

Justin will just go grey in a very attractive way, like gracefully at the temples

Either that, or his dad's genes will suddenly assert themselves and he goes as bald as a cue-ball.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Did my bit in Ottawa Centre. Hoping we can finally unseat Yasir Naqvi in exchange for Joel Harden, but I'm not terribly hopeful. :(

Global has an election results thingy that has a drop-down for individual ridings. Might be useful if it doesn't crash all to hell at the stroke of 9:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4257183/ontario-election-results-2018/

Nothing's filled in yet, of course.

links for individual ridings here (scroll down):
https://globalnews.ca/news/4129144/ontario-election-2018-ridings/
Better to go this way if you want to sit on your riding and :f5: the crap out of it

Svaha fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 7, 2018

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Looks like Joel Harden (NDP) has taken Ottawa Centre :unsmith:

Too bad about the rest of this stupid loving province. :suicide:

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

tekz posted:

also socialized weed is dead in the water now and that'd have been a shitload of money for the government too
Money still comes in through taxes at least. The government monopoly was always a stupid plan that would not have prevented anyone from getting unregulated weed elsewhere. You can't subvert a thriving black market by limiting people's choices further.

Mind you, the wheels on this have been turning for a while now. It may be too late to change course anyway. Did Ford ever explicitly say anything about this?

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

While I have no doubt that the CTF will probably be writing policy for the Ontario conservatives, I'm not sure if that counts as being out of the horses mouth.

Not that I'm expecting much in the way of pre-planned policy from these clowns.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hey guys I know the mood in general is low, but I’m here at the NDP convention and we’re feeling good about the wins we did get. We’ve had a lot of growth in the party and there is a sense that even though we didn’t achieve everything we could have. We have roots to grow from in the future

I hope you guys learned something from the federal NDP, because this is exactly what they were saying after the orange crush. Don't ever forget that a lot of these gains are due to a many people voting against Ford, just like a lot of people were voting against Harper back then. The NDP has to do better than that.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Agnosticnixie posted:

This is still the NDP, Horwath will have knives in her back in like a year at most and then she'll be like Broadbent and McDonough and remembered as a good leader so long as she stays away from the leadership.

God, I hope so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Why are you reading the lovely twitter version of the article instead of the source?
https://medium.com/war-is-boring/the-f-35-is-a-terrible-fighter-bomber-and-attacker-and-unfit-for-aircraft-carriers-c6e36763574b
Seriously. Take the time to read it. It's hilarious.

Yes it's a loving lemon. It was supposed to be ready for operational testing in 2008. It won't be "ready" until 2020, and even then, it will still be plagued with problems well into the future because the fundamental design is hot garbage, and has been from the start.