Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
i heard theres a new apple thing coming out soon. what do you guys think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
stfu bitch.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
it'll be stebe's final masterpiece, released at last from the Apple Vaults

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
yeah, i heard it's bad

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Smythe posted:

stfu bitch.

gently caress gendered insults like this. im out, enjoy this shithole.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it'll be stebe's final masterpiece, released at last from the Apple Vaults

well, his last product masterpiece

his true masterpiece will be when the bullet tipped with the diamond of his carbon pierces the heart of the antichrist

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
the new appletv is a Good Product

H T H

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

i already ordered it, op

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
ipad pro looks nice but less portable than the regular ipad

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Squeezy Farm posted:

gently caress gendered insults like this. im out, enjoy this shithole.

lates

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Silver Alicorn posted:

ipad pro looks nice but less portable than the regular ipad

The iPad pro is bigger...than....the freaking xbox!!!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao alicorn you got fuckin valeyarded

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
shut up and take my money

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Smythe posted:

stfu bitch.

i really want to know.. what you think about the new apple product

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I did, op, it's really gay

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
have u heard about the new thing coming out of apple. it's a worm (:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

it propagates itself when google makes a copy and sends it to people

pram
Jun 10, 2001
anroid

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, its coming out my rear end !!!!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
The new ATV is out and if you want to see people even more insufferable than those in this very thread, yours truly included, go check it out in DYP

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3748522&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#pti5

just look at this poo poo

TheJoker138 posted:

If the phone doesn't work as a remote this might get returned and the Roku hooked back up. That's a total deal breaker.

Kenderama posted:

Here is the BAD news - official from AppleCare on the phone.

"New AppleTV does not take it's input from the Remote App (iOS or WatchOS - I asked) and not sure if it is going to."

I complained loudly and asked they pass that upwards. But gently caress whoever's decision that was. Some of us have 14 character passwords. :/

Minidust posted:

Really appreciate that - thanks!

Hm, I'm not really sold on that look. Why so much white? I don't need the TV lighting up half my room if I'm just listening to music. Album art against a black background was way batter imo. And scrolling through a horizontal row of album art... man I dunno. Vertical list, with album art on the side, seemed like a much better use of screen space. Although, to be fair, that looked like a playlist you were scrolling through. Is it different when browsing by artist/album/etc.?

As for the "now playing" screen - since the album art is in the middle, does it no longer "flip" every ten seconds or so to act as a semi-screen saver?

Martytoof posted:

Setup felt really disjointed. Had to hunt for the option to map volume control buttons, disable cec, etc.

Hope this is just a first pass at the ui because I've got some concerns.

Also no voice search in YouTube yet. Reeeeeally hope that gets added soon.

TinTower posted:

There's no Podcasts app. :confused:

the 5 pages previous to that were posts about shipping notifications and questions about if it will play .mkvs (my animes)

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

using my phone as a remote is why i threw my chromecast in the garbage

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
"You know what makes a great remote? A featureless slab of glass :hurr:"

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i'm really excited to install a terminal emulator on my ipad pro and use vim and stuff on it

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

sorry the battery in my remote is dead so i guess we're watching storage wars all night long

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

The new ATV is out and if you want to see people even more insufferable than those in this very thread, yours truly included, go check it out in DYP

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3748522&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#pti5

just look at this poo poo

i'm the person asking for help reading to see if there's a wrestling app because people who like wrestling are typically illiterate

Endless Mike posted:

Can someone check if WWE Network has an app yet?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

anroid

drat son I had this dream and I was like "pram lest greab a beer" and you were like why not but it was awkward as hell coz you were exactly like you are on here. my wife was at the supermarket and i went to iuntroduce you and youd do poo poo like shake hands with a fat kid in front of her pretending thats who I meant and refusing to say your name

we got some beer and were driving and I was pouring like dozens of pills into my hands and trying to swallow them, and we went onto this off ramp thing and you go "poo poo this is embarassing" and then I realised it was coz we were going through a breath testing checkpoint and I was goiung to fail

gently caress

pram
Jun 10, 2001
what do you mean dream .. that happened yesterday

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
*wakes up in an overcrowded texan jail, next to a dude called "reese" who stinks of tacos*

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
no, op

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

drat son I had this dream and I was like "pram lest greab a beer" and you were like why not but it was awkward as hell coz you were exactly like you are on here. my wife was at the supermarket and i went to iuntroduce you and youd do poo poo like shake hands with a fat kid in front of her pretending thats who I meant and refusing to say your name

we got some beer and were driving and I was pouring like dozens of pills into my hands and trying to swallow them, and we went onto this off ramp thing and you go "poo poo this is embarassing" and then I realised it was coz we were going through a breath testing checkpoint and I was goiung to fail

gently caress

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

echinopsis posted:

my wife was at the supermarket and i went to iuntroduce you and youd do poo poo like shake hands with a fat kid in front of her pretending thats who I meant and refusing to say your name

lmao

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
pram dreams, jesus christ

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
you mean this new apple thing right

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

echinopsis posted:

gently caress

Wayne Static, in his red suit and pighammer, trolling your wife in the grocery store.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

my wife was at the supermarket and i went to iuntroduce you and youd do poo poo like shake hands with a fat kid in front of her pretending thats who I meant and refusing to say your name

:drat: :laffo:

never change, echi

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

echinopsis posted:

gently caress

youre a good dude echidnapenis

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I worked with a dude who refused to pronounce people's names right if he didn't like them.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that's a pro tier move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
n

• Locked thread