Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Looks great, guys. Nothing wrong here, nope.

(if you want to see this yourself just go to the Magic 3 tab in the bracer notebook of the Steam version of Trails FC.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!
It's finally happening

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Metroixer posted:

Is it possible to end or forfeit a fight early because boy the (Zeiss quest before ch.3 starts) Divine Penguin fight can become a big mess fast if you don't expect to get confused by everything. I spent 2 minutes watching everyone whack each other.

Not beyond just quitting the game and reloading your save. Though, honestly if you're having general trouble with a particular status effect, go back to town and grab the accessory that blocks it. I ended up with a full set of every standard accessory and man does it make things easier.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Arklight posted:

I took it upon myself to fight a certain endgame boss a boatload of times with every possible party member to get every little tidbit of post-battle dialogue. There's some real nifty stuff in here. Loewe is a cool guy.

SPOILERS FOR FINALE/CHAPTER 9 BOSS FIGHT OF TRAILS SC

This is cool and I really like the additional dialogue that happens when you bring Olivier and Mueller. Also Kevin's for sure leaves me wondering. The wait for the 3rd is gonna be the worst.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Cake Attack posted:

i think this got posted in the old thread before sc came out, but some guy translated the prologue to 3rd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzk8LWJOk_8

Kevin's boss is the main character from the carnelia books in FC, that's cool as heck

So, I made this! Well, I edited the translation and made the subtitles. The translation was done by a user I met on tumblr who's first language wasn't mandarin (since this is the chinese PC port of the 3rd) or English. As for all the terms being incorrect, I blame that 100% on the translator not letting me know that they were reoccuring characters, or ones that already existed in the games. This was also made a few months back before SC was released, so that's how I missed them :v:

Fake Edit: and looking back on it before I had seen how SpaceDrake and XSEED officially localized Kevin's character, I think I did a pretty decent job in giving him a similar kind of voice.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Really Pants posted:

Megalith's CP regen is stupidly fast. I feel like an idiot for trying to find one weird trick to gain CP when I could have just slapped that on and sat for a few seconds.

Yeah, it's really worth noting exactly how stupidly fast Megalith restores CP. If someone has it on, you will basically guaranteed have 200 CP on whoever has it on by the time you reach the next enemy. Unless you run facefirst at it at the optimal route, then maybe you'll have 180-ish instead :v:

And I found Angel very useful on other, non-Alisa characters, I had it on Emma for the majority of my Hard Mode playthrough and it saved my rear end more than once. Moebius is also really OP if you prepare the right foods, or use it with EP Charge IIIs or the Zeram items.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Ojetor posted:

Just starting up 3rd. From a quick googling it seems there's no real missable stuff in this one? Thank Aidios.

The only proper 'missable' thing is in the very first area upon hitting New Game. Everything else can be obtained later.

Game's real good, ya'll

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!
I dunno, I feel like I'm gonna have to see it to really believe it. And see that it actually runs worth a drat, at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Some Numbers posted:

I didn't mean in plot, I meant in structure.

And the same engine and like, 95% of the same UI? But in terms of setting, story and gameplay, it's completely different.