Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Don't put those over powered characters into your party if you make them demi-gods that can handle the elite supersoldiers of the world. Or at least make them so overpowered as guest characters like the mirror things in the final final dungeon of CS2.

I still don't believe Toval is supposed to be an actual threat as opposed to some goof that can barely handle rabbits on a mountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It has to be summer, there's like 10 rpgs coming out between now until the end of may, and at least 4 of them are triple A.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Fie's design in an artbook is fine. Fie's design in the 3D model that the game uses is not good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So...who am I rooting for to get cold steel 3on pc

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Megalixir posted:

Can you imagine people starting with this as their entry point to the series, what the gently caress.

Eh, witcher 3 was the starting point for a ton of people and there's usually articles and videos summing up the story thus far for these types nof situations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The mirror characters are broken as poo poo, especially Vita

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

That's hard reverse of Altina's C2 outfit, the back down is real.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's a chance that I can play cold steel 3 on pc since they announced ps4 games will be on ps now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ChiTownEddie posted:

This game is reaal good :)

Don't read if you don't want mechanics spoiler

You will see a poo poo ton more unwinnable boss battles

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I wonder if the 5k lines are just the missing Rean lines

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I romanced laura despite being close to last on my list. For two games.

Sharon not being an option sucked.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You met his family, learned his story with his mentor, and saved his home like twice. The heck more do you think there is

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wasn't Toval's gift the worse of the three because all it did was speed up artes casting, when artes were buffed to be super fast in CS2?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I hope Brittany is working in a different department than this guy: http://kotaku.com/localizer-asks-to-be-removed-from-games-credits-after-d-1794678587

quote:

Yesterday, a localizer for the publisher XSEED took a dramatic stance on what he saw as potential censorship, asking his company to remove his name from the credits of the upcoming JRPG Akiba’s Beat after the developers removed a controversial phrase involving the KKK from the game.

XSEED (sans Lipschultz) e-mailed Acquire asking what originally inspired the sign. Ken Berry, XSEED’s executive vice president, helped explain what the letters meant in the U.S. “Acquire immediately responded that they had no idea the sign could be taken that way in English,” Berry told me in an e-mail. Two weeks later, Acquire removed the phrase from Akiba’s Beat, with no further conversation or discussion, replacing it with “ACQ witches.”

A year ago, Lipschultz protested when ages were removed from girls’ profiles in Senran Kagura Burst, a game Kotaku’s Brian Ashcraft reports was made because the developer wanted to put boobs in a 3DS game. Lipschultz almost quit.

Lipschultz knows that the removal of “KKK witches” from Akiba’s Beat is “insignificant,” and truly, one might wonder whether this is really the place to take such a stand. But, he says, his dramatic gesture was inspired by the well-trod Evelyn Beatrice Hall quote, “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

“When I first requested to have my name removed from the credits, I actually didn’t know we’d never specifically asked Acquire to change this – I assumed we had,” said Lipschultz. “If I’d known that then, I might not have ever suggested removing my name from the credits. Then again, I still might’ve! And either way, because this is such a gray area, I don’t entirely regret my request. If nothing else, it’s bringing censorship back into public discussion, and I think that’s important, since I feel it’s a problem we – as an industry – really need to talk about. In my own backwards, awkward way, I’m hoping I’ve opened the topic wide enough that maybe some good will come of this in the future.”

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

September 28th

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/09/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-releases-japan-september-28-ps4/

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

More info: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/09/trails-cold-steel-iii-shares-agate-tita-new-battle-system-features/

quote:

Falcom revealed the Japanese release date for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III in this week’s issue of Dengeki PlayStation, and they also shared additional character info on Agate Crosner and Tita Russell as well as new battle system features. [Thanks, Hachima.]

First, here’s some info on what’s included in the first-print limited box:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III mini-original soundtrack.
Special Duties Division: Class VII SD rubber strap full set.
A special 128-page full-color art book.
Original DLC “Invitation from Thors Academy”

Agate Crosner – After the “Liberl Incident,” Agate achieved various achievements, at home and abroad, and was promoted to an A-rank Bracer. It’s been four years since the events of Trails in the Sky and Agate has grown mentally. A big mystery from Trails in the Sky will unravel in Trails of Cold Streel III. He’ll also participate in battles.

Tita Russell – Tita is now a 16-year-old girl, but her love for tinkering with machines and for Agate hasn’t changed.

Next they shared some battle system info:

- Direct command – The Direct Command is a new input method, like the conventional “Ring Command” system, but made to be more simple with one-press commands . Players will get to intuitively input commands using commands that and their corresponding inputs for each button and d-pad.

-Brave Order – A new system that lets characters set an “Order” (strategic instructions) without using up their turn. When a Brave Order is activated the entire party is affected by its effect for the turn. Brave Orders uses BP, which accumulates in battle.

-Craft – A character’s unique skill that uses CP, which also accumulates in battle, to activate.

-Style Change – Juna Crawford (pictured above) has special trait that allows her to switch between two styles. She uses a gun and baton hybrid “Gun Breaker” weapon. Juna is able to switch between “Striker Mode” and “Gunner Mode” on each of her turns.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They give you broken characters. Like lost arts maximum power but also regain all mp the next turn

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So I'm starting up Zero no Kiseki, is there anything major or different to look out for? So far, the battle system seems pretty much Sky with all-out attacks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

See, that's strange to me because I found CS much easier than Trails combat.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Why is Xseed and Koei Tecmo the only ones willing to hire Durante. And even Koei Tecmo isn't consistent with that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Erpy posted:

XSeed's never done preorders on Steam. Apparantly Valve only allows preorders on AAA-titles. Not to mention you don't really want preorders. A smaller company like XSeed wants to stay in the top sellers for as long as possible in order to get more exposure and that's only possible if not half their customer base preorders the game months in advance.

You might have a very broad definition of AAA because I've pre-ordered on much smaller games, unless you're calling games like Atelier and Tales of ____ "big budget."

And pre-orders show up in top sellers, that's how FF13 and Nier Automata were at the top of the charts weeks in advance of their release.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Magic wasn't good enough back in CS1 when EP was low, and by the time it was good in EP2, you had friend links that give 50 EP per turn.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

He gives the worst item and is kinda a hobo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Xenosaga 3 making the Gears full-combat was one of the best things about it. The fight against Xenogear was fun as hell.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't wait for ultra AA because the intense foggy jaggies was kinda bugging me when playing the game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Oh man, I just realized that my poor 750Ti is probably not nearly good enough for this game. :ohdear:

If Durante's working on it, there will be a billion options. Hell, Shadow of Morder ran amazing on a similar card and that was a masterful port job.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Seems basically Sarah is the exception to an older character for majorly changing appearance.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

theblackw0lf posted:

Has anyone here played the fan translated version of Zero No Kiseki yet?

There's a new, more improved translation coming out, but wondering if people have tried the first one that's come out

It's decent if you're curious enough to try out Zero with the expectation that it's a fan translation.

It made me realize I'm going to really like it if/when it's ever officially out, because the setting and characters made me grow attach to it way faster than I ever did with Sky.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

BearDrivingTruck posted:

First impression of the start of CS2 is that it's harder than the start of CS1, though that might be because there are fewer party members at this point.

It's because you're using mostly physical attacks for the first couple of hours and they changed physical accuracy so you're missing way more.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Finally getting back into crossbell after a billion distractions. What's the secret OP method for early game, cause I'm kinda just hitting stuff and having Ellie effectively give unlimited heals+CP right now.

Also, the hell happened to Joshua and Estell's face

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is Randy the Rean of the group, because the first 6 hours have been him spamming his delay attack all day.

I hope I find out what Lloyd's niche is, because he's kinda just attacking a lot without much else.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Logicblade posted:

Crossbell stuff is a blast. I beat Zero and I'm making good progress on Ao. I'm sad that they nerfed Holy Bullet for Ao... but they kind of had to in all honesty.

What's bustes about holy bullet?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So did they fix/backport Elliot's Ibackyouup!! and Alisa's burning arrow lines?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-details-divine-knight-battles

Divine knight details

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Zodiac Age basically opened the gateway to be okay for old rpgs to have fast forward. It's one of the things constantly praised for.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So how do you actually edit in music

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

All I see is japanese audio and DLC complaints on the steam forums

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Which is funny because he says he prefers to avoid "good guy" roles. He's closer to Artorius from Berseria and Fernand from Fire Emblem Echoes.

He's also Piccolo, which makes it funnier fighting him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/SaraJLeen/status/894010700053524480

GOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So what does changing the engine do?