Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

SpaceDrake posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-azjB3lsUTU

The Crossbell campaign has a lot of the best music in Trails. If nothing else, I am bummed that the Anglosphere hasn't gotten to experience that in person just yet.

My opinion, but I think we can do better than that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY6FZ2FLb2o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

GrandpaPants posted:

Persona 4 has a much more robust character customization system. The love of Trails in the Sky is pretty much based on the charm of its characters and settings, I'm guessing, since orbments weren't exactly the deepest system in the world, especially given how only a few of them were actually any good.

It's already deeper than the (highly popular) Final Fantasy VII's materia system. Being, yknow, the same system but deeper.

And it gets deeper every game.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 27, 2015

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Captain Rufus posted:

Good games are good games who fuckin cares what platform they are on or what nation made them?

I care. When nations that use other languages make them, and no one is willing to translate them.

As such, god bless XSEED.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Hey, yeah, why can't glorious XSEED get SRW and bring it over? :haw:

*knows exactly why besides for OG*

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ImpAtom posted:

I assume the OG GBA games basically cratering is why nobody was willing to take a risk and at this point OGs is way too old to port. :smith:

OGs is, but 2nd OGs isn't.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Munin posted:

Record Breaker is coming out now as well? Yikes, my backlog is going to be growing...

I think another RPG I played had that. Was it Golden Sun or am I misremembering?

Golden Sun was another great set of RPGs; though getting told in the second game that your actions in the first were misguided to say the least is a bit of a frustrating revelation.

That wouldn't really make sense in Golden Sun's battle system. Tales of Xillia, probably?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Installing~

(did it come out a few minutes early or is it just me?)

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Install complete!

It's time motherfuckers!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
... it started raining.

And the camera started getting hit by raindrops.

Didn't this become a thing way after SC was originally released, I thought?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

AH

gently caress.

I just realized I didn't import my save!

How do I do that?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Yeah, turned out I had moved my save data folder from FC around for some reason I forget :doh:

Thanks!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

SpaceDrake posted:

Oh, also: I don't recommend Nightmare for a first playthrough. The game is a bit harder in general this time around, and even Normal can be pretty challenging in spots. Nightmare is very much second-playthrough territory.

*chose hard*

... Eh. Power!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
"Behold! The new model combat orbment! It's amazing! It has!

One more slot than before."

"Wow that's amazing!"

Me: :crossarms:

Hivac posted:

I think he meant if it was possible to import FC(PC) data to SC(PC) without actually owning FC(PC). I could be wrong, though.

You could probably create the save folder and put it in the right place. It shouldn't know the difference.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
*goes to look at the orbment line lists to find out how much Mirage Quartz he has on a line*

... uh. These are way out of their columns here.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Awww, a Panda monster, how cu- *Panda Monster murders Agate*

:stare:

*runs like hell, heals, then starts hunting for Panda Monster again*

I shall have my revenge!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Supremezero posted:

*goes to look at the orbment line lists to find out how much Mirage Quartz he has on a line*

... uh. These are way out of their columns here.

*first update fixes this*

Huzzah!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Inflammatory posted:

i picked kurt, and anelace's answer made it sound like that was not the right choice.

No credit for reading the future allowed! Even if it's already reasonably obvious by that point.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Hmm. The most recent update seems to have broken the "select a topic" box during the Murder (... er, knockout) mystery in Ruan. It was working fine when I was last playing a few hours ago, but now I can't select choices via anything but the mouse.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zaggitz posted:

MAN IF I HAD KNOWN THERE WAS GONNA BE A HOT SPRINGS BATH SEQUENCE I WOULDN'T HAVE PUT OLIVIER IN MY RESERVE.

MANNNNNNNNNN. :negative:

edit: sheep mech.

... I just got to Zeiss.

I demand knowledge of this! (or at least of how Reserves work in this game and if I can just pull them out without a problem)

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
In a case of incredible irony, I would like to report a typo.

This should be "his skill with a gun is legit."

This sentence seems familiar.

It's kinda interesting to see how the translation changed.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 31, 2015

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I was obsessively checking the board, this happens right after the event on the bridge when someone great shows up on a boat to save the day. It's marked as "short term" so I think you have to do it immediately, before going to the next plot point.

e: Interested in knowing whether reserve party members get exp.

Well, in this case, "next plot point" means (I have no idea if this really counts as a spoiler, but whatever) "point of no return for the entire rest of the chapter", so yeah.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So, uh, question. Are fish used for anything? Is there some sidequest down the line that demands that I have fish? Or am I just intended to sell all of them?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Um. Huh.

During the scene with Campanella, Schera (Or I assume Agate if you picked Schera), and Anelace in chapter 3... Campanella appears to be invisible?

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 1, 2015

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I don't suppose anyone has any numbers for how strong artes and crafts actually are, do they?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
"I'LL REMIND YOU THAT I HAVE A VERY LARGE STICK."

:allears: Oh Estelle, you are amazing.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Cake Attack posted:

honestly i think the 2x figure comes from the script and is inflated by stuff like the agate/schera split. unless the last two or three chapters (i'm in 8, not sure if 9 or 10 is the last) take disproportionately long i won't hit 70 and there's a lot of fat that could have been trimmed off my playthrough since i've been doing 90% of the sidequests blind

There's also a lot of muscle that you already did trim off by doubling the battle speed...

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So, uh, question because it bothers me;

Why do Estelle and Joshua upgrade their crafts to "True" while everyone else upgrades to "2"?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I did it a while ago.

It was by far the worst fight in the game. My god. Took like half an hour.

edit: ... and now I am essentially replaying the Malga Mine mission from FC. Uh. Okay.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 3, 2015

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
So, er, is there any way to actually do anything about the hotsprings. Because I just kinda gave up and left.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
*sigh* back to Zeiss I guess.

*tries to go back to Zeiss*

... goddammit why now.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I got bounty hunter with 3 monsters left.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Supremezero posted:

So, uh, question because it bothers me;

Why do Estelle and Joshua upgrade their crafts to "True" while everyone else upgrades to "2"?

:bang: And now Evil Eye upgrades to Evil Eye EX!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Does the Impede Quartz work with arts? I never really checked.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Bug report time! As near as I can determine for what happened, the second cutscene at Axis Tower triggered where the first was supposed to, and dumped me at the point where you're supposed to be at the end of the first, which can still be triggered by going back to the previous screen.

Of course, this resulted in me not getting told to go back to the Arseille, and ended up fighting Bleublanc first without realizing he'd be there and I probably should've brought Olivier...

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Not sure if it's a bug or something, but no one seems to be able to equip Jormungandr.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Omobono posted:

Quick question, cleared chapter 1. Boss had a craft with a charge time, can impede effects interrupt those or do you have to take them in the face every time?

Yes. It in fact says so in the description. It's probably just success rate conspiring against you if it didn't work for you.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Uh. Huh. Game's getting buggier and buggier near the end, I guess. On the third floor of Axis Tower, in the room unlocked after Walter with the elevator, when I approached it I fell through the floor into a black screen. Made it to the elevator the second time, though.

Omobono posted:

I didn't even bother testing, proper debuffing made the damage manageable. I've been using impede effects against annoying arts users, not crafts until this point.
The impede quartz is fairly useless in my opinion. You want something interrupted, use a craft with impede, because random procs will fail.

In other gameplay thoughts, gently caress Death Throes enemies with a rusty spoon. Not the self-destruct ones, who cares, the buffing ones.

If you want an occasion to laugh at Death Throes, there is in fact a boss late in the game that summons minions that do Death Throes... while the boss itself is immune to the buffs.

... wonder if that should be a bug report.

Also gently caress this game's weird status effects, I do not want Fat Estelle.

Final Edit!: "Tita Learned 'Satellite Cannon'!"

Me: :gizz:

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 3, 2015

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zaggitz posted:

What level does she get it? It's the last s craft i have to unlock.

I'm not actually sure. She gained a bunch of levels at the time she got it. Somewhere by 75 or something, I suppose.

But it is amazing.

As is the rest of the game! Finished it.

Well, until I replay it again to not miss half the books and avoid getting caught by plot preventing me from maxing my BP.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

SpaceDrake posted:

Bring the appropriate characters to each fight for extra scenes that settle accounts - I would say Schera is the one who matters most in this regard. You will fight them in the order you encountered them. "Fifteen" kind of doesn't count because her linked character is Estelle. Loewe, meanwhile, will have plenty to say to nearly everyone.

On the other hand, if you leave out Zane, you presumably miss out on their awesome fight. And that's terrible.

I also missed out on Olivier and Bleublanc myself, as mentioned earlier, but I assume they break the fabulosity meter.

Speaking of Zane, the heck happened with Walter. Bleublanc and Renne leave, Lucciola falls off the tower, but they just kinda leave Walter there unconscious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Really Pants posted:

okay how do I do this Mistwald fog maze nonsense. Is there some clue you get before you choose a direction? That stupid bell is not very helpful.

It actually is. It gets louder when you're going the right way.