Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

SpaceDrake posted:

XSEED generally tries to be good about currency conversions, yeah. At most they'll round a little to good, even numbers.

I'm not entirely sure what the Euro price will look like, but I suspect they'll try to keep it fair.

Xanadu is a Really Important Videogame, both for Falcom as a company and just historically (it was the first PC game to break 500k sales in Japan, IIRC, in 1985) but sadly it's just gotten no English versions and thus no play at all in the Anglosphere. I do wish someone would do a biopic or something of Falcom's history in the 80s, that poo poo is amazing and has a couple of gaming history's most important inflection points - I still wonder what the gently caress would've happened if Origin Systems published Xanadu in the States in 1985/6 like they'd planned to before that meeting went so sour.

It wouldn't have done much. It would have been on computers and modern game discussion mostly hates acknowledging people played games on computers. ( Unless you are a European anyhow.) Jrpg console gamers and computer RPG players really don't meet well. You get the Jeremy Parish types on one side, and the RPG Codex on the other.

The fact that both groups probably need to reenact selected scenes from Italian cannibal genre movies escapes them both. :smith:

Good games are good games who fuckin cares what platform they are on or what nation made them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Supremezero posted:

I care. When nations that use other languages make them, and no one is willing to translate them.

As such, god bless XSEED.

Yeah but that's just the nature of language. I'd loving love the SRTs and modern Falcom remakes to get western ports but it's not exactly likely. poo poo, companies like EA and Activision released anthologies with generally the weakest versions of some of their classics as opposed to the best versions!

Colecovision HERO? Nope. Enjoy the 2600 version and gently caress you if you want better releases.

Atari 8 bit Pitfall 2 with the second quest? Nope. 2600 or gently caress off.

When stuff like fan translations of the MSX Thexder 2 come out it's more a revelation than how it should be. We just now got PS2 Phantasy Star 2 translated because Sega is too busy making GBS threads out bad Sonic games and they hate us westerners who actually bought most of their goddamned consoles. (Also see the usual Japanese excuse of DURR LOST SOURCE CODE as to why they can't do anything with Panzer Dragoon Saga. I'm not sure what PSO 2's excuse is other than gently caress YOU ROUNDEYES GO BUY A BAD GEARBOX GAME. Especially with emulation there really isn't much excuse for stuff to not get some form of rerelease outside of like IP license stuff. Even if I would cut a motherfucker for all the Alien arcade games.)

poo poo, why the hell hasn't Vic Ireland tried to do some sort of Working Designs back catalog deal?

Why doesn't Atari acknowledge the brand was more than just arcade games and the 2600?

Even EA, the developer murderer is at least letting GOG gently caress around with their back catalog a bit!

Vvvvv I answered that one dude. Even if they aren't lying and I think they usually are, why not just take a copy of the game, stick it with an emulator wrapper, and go? If people can do this for free why can't companies give an intern a week or so to do it and then make some scratch? Provided they don't Elite Systems/Retron 5 it when it comes to using outside emulation options of course.

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 27, 2015

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Supremezero posted:

Hey, yeah, why can't glorious XSEED get SRW and bring it over? :haw:

*knows exactly why besides for OG*

I'd be happy with just that honestly. All Excellen all the loving time. Keep your Eva and Gundums. Atx and SrX teams GET poo poo DONE. :metal: