Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

Sharkopath posted:

thats a drawing.

I can see how you would be confused, but if you read the label I put over it, it says 'Actual Overwatch screenshot'. I hope this clarifies things for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

kerrigansylvanas lookin better than ever after rehab

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

In Training posted:

Blizzard makes the most clinically boring games in existence.

They make jrpgs now????????

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

roasted

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Pewdiepie posted:

Heart of the Swarm was a DBZ spinoff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pewdiepie posted:

You're dead, Pewds.

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

Pewdiepie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Blizzard makes really fun games and I don't appreciate all this negativity. The only game of theirs that wasn't amazing was D3 at launch but they massively revamped it to be good and fun.

If you don't like a genre that's fine but just lol if you doubt that Blizzard will deliver anything short of a gaming gem.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 27, 2015

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Blizzard makes really fun games and I don't appreciate all this negativity. The only game of theirs that wasn't amazing was D3 at launch but they massively revamped it to be good and fun.

If you don't like a genre that's fine but just lol if you doubt that Blizzard will deliver anything short of a gaming gem.

itll be poo poo, dude

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I *wincing* I played the Blizzard MOBA during its Beta phase, and *keeps down vomit* even by the retardedly low standards of MOBA games, it had to be worst poo poo I've ever seen in that genre.

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

In Training posted:

I *wincing* I played the Blizzard MOBA during its Beta phase, and *keeps down vomit* even by the retardedly low standards of MOBA games, it had to be worst poo poo I've ever seen in that genre.

I think Heroes of the Storm is quite fun, actually. I only play it every once in a while, but when I do, it's always been way more fun than League of Legends or DOTA 2 ever was.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
MOBAs are poo poo but Heroes of the Storm is by far the best interpretation of the genre ever. Such game changing mechanics as communal xp and *gasp* more than 1 map are loving dope.

But the best improvement is that games are over in like ~15 minutes instead of a loving hour.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
*watches blizzard strangle the life out of Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft, in a single game generation*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I mean, I'm not one to enjoy MOBAs but I can understand that making XP both communal and completely meaningless means nothing distinguishes either side and it's becomes a 100% objective based game, so why not make a different game that doesn't have 3 lanes and a core at that point.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I mean, I'm not one to enjoy MOBAs but I can understand that making XP both communal and completely meaningless means nothing distinguishes either side and it's becomes a 100% objective based game, so why not make a different game that doesn't have 3 lanes and a core at that point.

ignorance and greed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

ignorance and greed

It's 100% so the could put something that looks like DOTA2 on ESPN, and sell hats.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
*looking at a bomb-blasted and earily Seoul-esque concrete wasteland*

50,000 gamers used to ladder here. . .

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

It's 100% so the could put something that looks like DOTA2 on ESPN, and sell hats.

blizzard falling for the same trend grabbing that doomed every wow-clone

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

to be frank blizzard does make games really good and fun...eventually, after years of patches that completely overhaul everything and add things that shouldve been in the game from launch

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
World of Warcraft was nothing until they added a Pokemon style pet fighting mini game.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I forgot I had a subscription to WoW for about 6 years until last year when they sent me one of those 10 year subscriber orc statues

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

my only question is why is a shooter with like 5 buttons total a PC exclusive

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Because an FPS should only be played with M+KB, as God intended.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

my only question is why is a shooter with like 5 buttons total a PC exclusive

It might be a PC exclusive right now but I would imagine Blizz has plans to release on console.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Also they have to make console specific versions because of the dumb restrictions consoles put on patching

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
:siren: Effort post defending blizz :siren:

In Training posted:

I don't see how communal = meaningless. Hero stats increase and every 3 levels heroes get to pick a talent. XP is valuable.

And making xp communal is great. In regular DOTA 2, optimal strategies often include sacrificing yourself if it means your team carry can secure a kill and gain xp. That's kind of cool at a super coordinated pro level of play, but I can't imagine how frustrating that would be with random pubbies. I strongly prefer SC2 to Heroes of the Storm, but my friends prefer Storm so I play it a lot. Blizzard took the genre and made it better than it's competition in every way.

And Diablo 3:RoS is a great ARPG. What's even in the competition? Path of Exile? Not even close my friends.

Sc2 is a great RTS and is more popular globally than BW ever was. The perceived lack of popularity is just because mobas are more popular that RTS.

Hearthstone is a better online TCG than everything else.

Blizzard is a good company that makes good games.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

aahghh loving awesome!! its like TF2 but with the style of "Frozen", I can't wait. Heres to hats!!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the best blizzard games were blackthorne and the lost vikings and i pray to god they dont make sequels to them over 20 years after the fact because they will choke the life out of those games too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

path of exile is at least deeper than D3, the only thing D3 has on it is look and feel. poe has like 200x the content and depth. once you find your crazy overpowered set in diablo 3 theres nothing left to do except wait for the next patch

its great fun and a million times better than it was at launch but it's shallow

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't care about the rest of Blizzards poopy pee and crap, theyve never made a good game before now for all I care. But Overwatch is going to change everything.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

I don't care about the rest of Blizzards poopy pee and crap, theyve never made a good game before now for all I care. But Overwatch is going to change everything.

*in phillip j. fry voice* cant tell if serious or epic troll...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

please play the lost vikings and blackthorne on snes

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

:okpos:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

in all honestly I will probably play Overwatch whenever the big beta weekend things happen or whatever because A. I sunk a ton of hours into TF2 and B. free AAA multiplayer betas are very much my poo poo

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I don't really want to have a huge debate about blizzard but their games went from epic-tier National Televisized Past Time Of A Real Country to peepee doody garbage

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna try it cuz I like team-based shooters and I hope it's good.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its gonna be rear end

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
*Briefly dons my shameful retard cape with my 100s of days of probies from argueing in the Games DotA thread*

Actually it's bad to die in DotA no matter what, and sacrificing yourself feels bad because it IS bad.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

its gonna be rear end

oh now he's gone and done it...... DONT. SIGN. YOUR POSTS!! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

the best blizzard games were blackthorne and the lost vikings and i pray to god they dont make sequels to them over 20 years after the fact because they will choke the life out of those games too

this

• Locked thread