Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[Goldeneye director Martin Hollis] went on to explain that, towards the end of development, the team received a fax from Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto, with a series of suggestions for the game. “One point was that there was too much close-up killing – he found it a bit too horrible. I don’t think I did anything with that input. The second point was, he felt the game was too tragic, with all the killing. He suggested that it might be nice if, at the end of the game, you got to shake hands with all your enemies in the hospital.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That would have been the superior ending.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
However, the OP needs to be probated until he beats MGS1. Thank you mods. Topic Locked.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

However, the OP needs to be probated until he beats MGS1. Thank you mods. Topic Locked.
After I get done with work today I'm going to play MGS1 until I win. I have like eight hours in which I can play so I think I can probably do it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I look forward to shaking hands with my rival, Rex.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember. Chaff grenades to avoid rockets. Stinger on the radar dish.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the end of that article is better

After briefly discussing the logistics of the GoldenEye development (it took a team of ten two and three-quarter years, and a budget of $2m), he was asked about how Nintendo managed to maintain its brilliance as a game development studio. Hollis said, “the secret of Nintendo is simple: always do good games”.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

After briefly discussing the logistics of the GoldenEye development (it took a team of ten two and three-quarter years, and a budget of $2m), he was asked about how Nintendo managed to maintain its brilliance as a game development studio. Hollis said, “the secret of Nintendo is simple: always do good games”.
There's also this:

Hollis also admitted that the team borrowed the idea of having multiple objectives on each level from Super Mario 64. “I studiously tried to learn what Nintendo was. I played [Zelda] Link to the Past from beginning to end – I got all the hearts and all but two of the quarter hearts. I could write a thousand pages about that game. Then Mario 64 came out during the development of GoldenEye and we were clearly influenced by that game. Ours was much more open as a result.”

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's a good article

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
he's right

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Shigeru Miyamoto is God drat EPIC!

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Mario 64 ending when you get to shake hands with all the goombas in the hospital.

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Oct 27, 2015

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

Hell, they are right.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i wish all fps games ended like that

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm here to shake hands and chew bubblegum... and I brought enough gum and handshakes for the entire hospital.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
the best way to kill enemies was up close though because they couldnt shoot you if you got up in there grillz(with a z)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm here to shake hands and chew bubblegum... and I brought enough gum and handshakes for the entire hospital.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
DukeHands

Basically the ability to have Duke Nukem shake hands with enemies from every game

[Dukes internal monologue looking at his enemies outstretched hand at the hospital Duke put him in] Shake it Baby!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

[Dukes internal monologue looking at his enemies outstretched hand at the hospital Duke put him in] Shake it Baby!

lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In MGS6, every enemy you kill will wave to the viewer and walk off screen.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

In MGS6, every enemy you kill will wave to the viewer and walk off screen.

its really cute that goldeneyes solution was to have all the characters appear in the credits, something everyone likes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if you dont like learning all the enemies names after beating a game, i dont want to know your name

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

if you dont like learning all the enemies names after beating a game, i dont want to know your name
This was amazing in Mario World when I was a kid.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

On death, Sephiroth uses a powerful summon only it's every enemy in the game and they all appear to applaud you, the player.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Torpedo Ted?????

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

On death, Sephiroth uses a powerful summon only it's every enemy in the game and they all appear to applaud you, the player.

Congratulations

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

DukeHands

Basically the ability to have Duke Nukem shake hands with enemies from every game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Heh heh. The wind... it is blowing.

Ganondorf pulls the sword from his head and hugs Link while the cast and crew cheer in the background.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWnJ-5hES2Q

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

DKC feels....

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Hell, they are right.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Heh heh. The wind... it is blowing.

Ganondorf pulls the sword from his head and hugs Link while the cast and crew cheer in the background.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Especially there were enemies in the credits I didn't even know existed and clued me into secret levels I missed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The entirety of Paper Mario and TTYD take place on a stage, which I always thought was a great touch. Especially in TTYD when you can play to the crowd for more star power.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Sorrow fight but it's every enemy you've killed cheering you on and throwing confetti

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

The entirety of Paper Mario and TTYD take place on a stage, which I always thought was a great touch. Especially in TTYD when you can play to the crowd for more star power.

It was pretty cool how the crowd interacted by throwing stuff at you to heal you or at the enemy to stun them. Or when bosses straight up ate the audience to recover HP.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

The Sorrow fight but it's every enemy you've killed cheering you on and throwing confetti

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sniper Wolf: Hal... I'll see you later... do you want chicken for dinner tonight? [dies]

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sniper Wolf: Hal... I'll see you later... do you want chicken for dinner tonight? [dies]

i now understand this ref

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Miyamoto once said that he sees all the Mario characters as actors on a stage and that they're all great friends off screen. This is really awesome to me.

• Locked thread