Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother

LmaoTheKid posted:

WR/TE flex (no dedicated TE spot). Pick 1.

Greg Olsen
Eric Decker
Stefon Diggs

Starting Julio and Alshon in the WR spots.

I have no freaking clue who to start here but I like the idea of Olsen on Monday night.

Diggs averages more targets, receptions, and yards than the other two by a good bit since he started playing. Bears secondary isn't anything to be afraid of either.

gbaby posted:

.5ppr

A. Dalton @ Pit
Big Ben vs. Cin

Got Dalton when Ben went down :cool: Leaning towards Dalton just to be safe but idk. Also I'm hittin the Blount hard tonight hoping he goes off after a goose egg last week.

Dalton. Probably not a make or break decision though, I expect both to have good outings.

dphi posted:

Blount vs Miami tonight or
Hyde @StL

I can also play them both since one's in the flex spot but they're both so unreliable that I'd rather stick one of my WRs in the flex.

Blount, especially if Lewis sits. I don't want any part of the Niners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodtime Pancreas
May 31, 2007
Standard nfl scoring, need a RB, flex and a te.
L.Murray vs jets
Woodhead vs bal
Diggs vs chi
Stevie vs bal
And TE's are kelce vs det and Barnidge vs Ari

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

smoothitron posted:

Blount, especially if Lewis sits.

See, that's what I thought last week when I heard Lewis was out. I actually swapped him in at the flex for Amendola and lost because of it.

dphi fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 29, 2015

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother

Goodtime Pancreas posted:

Standard nfl scoring, need a RB, flex and a te.
L.Murray vs jets
Woodhead vs bal
Diggs vs chi
Stevie vs bal
And TE's are kelce vs det and Barnidge vs Ari

Woodhead, Jets run D is no joke
Diggs
Barnidge, but its a crapshoot to me. Kelce is consistently good for 6-7 catches for <100 yards. Barnidge is getting more targets and seems to be getting more red zone work than Kelce, but his QB is a GTD and Arizona is good against the TE, although the best TEs they've faced are Martellus Bennett and Ben Watson so who knows.

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother

dphi posted:

See, that's what I thought last week when I heard Lewis was out. I actually swapped him in at the flex for Amendola and lost because of it.

I wouldn't be too worried about that performance. Not any more worried than I normally would be about starting a Pats RB anyway:

Jets Run D is the best in the league by a good bit. Miami seems better than their 30th ranking after their coaching change, but their resurgence has been entirely against the AFC South(Titans, Texans). I tend to think tonight is going to be a rude awakening for the Fins, but it's a Thursday night game so the Dolphins will win and the Pats leading rusher will be someone they sign off the practice squad 10 minutes before kickoff.

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?
Hmm I'm in a bit of a tough spot maybe you guys can help me please :)

League A)

Flex Position -

Blount vs. Miami (Right now I have Jones in, I'm hesitant to start Blount due to his goose egg last week and the emergence of the Miami run defense)

OR

Marvin Jones vs. Pit

League B)

Flex -

Blount or Lafell vs. Miami. -> Same issue, I can't get a good read on if I should be starting more of a throwing or running offense against Mia.

Thanks!

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Pick a flex for me, .5 ppr:

L. Murray v NYJ
M. Bryant v Cin
D. Moncrief @ Car
J. Hill @ Pit
K. Robinson v NYG

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Need a WR2. ESPN Standard Scoring:

Brandon Lafell vs. Miami
Stevie Johnson vs. Oakland.
Golden Tate vs. Kansas City
Marvin Jones vs. Pittsburgh

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Jota posted:

Need a WR2. ESPN Standard Scoring:

Brandon Lafell vs. Miami
Stevie Johnson vs. Oakland.
Golden Tate vs. Kansas City
Marvin Jones vs. Pittsburgh

Stevie Johnson is @ Baltimore and I I like him or Marvin jones.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
For everyone asking Blount questions, don't worry about last week. Pats have no week to week consistency, they change their game plan more than anyone else. If Lewis doesn't play a Blount is an easy start imo.

Luck vs Car or
Tannehill vs NE

Am I crazy for leaning tannehill? Luck may get sacked ten times, and Miami should have to throw the ball right?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
.5 PPR Need a FLEX

Stevie Johnson @ BAL
Donte Moncrief @ CAR
Marvin Jones @ PIT

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

gingerberger posted:

For everyone asking Blount questions, don't worry about last week. Pats have no week to week consistency, they change their game plan more than anyone else. If Lewis doesn't play a Blount is an easy start imo.

Luck vs Car or
Tannehill vs NE

Am I crazy for leaning tannehill? Luck may get sacked ten times, and Miami should have to throw the ball right?

If Lewis is out Brady could throw the ball 60 times. I don't think you can count on Blount at all except for killing the clock in blowouts.

Chances are the game plan is going to be balanced to run heavy because of the short week but who knows.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

BigFactory posted:

If Lewis is out Brady could throw the ball 60 times. I don't think you can count on Blount at all except for killing the clock in blowouts.

Chances are the game plan is going to be balanced to run heavy because of the short week but who knows.

He could throw 60 times, or they could give Blount 18 carries. Point is it's pretty unpredictable with BB. Blounts floor is low, but his ceiling is super high and I think his avg points tonight is probably close to double digits and his median is prob like 8. All in all, I'm just saying I'd roll him out tonight pretty willingly. Don't start him over high RB 2s, but start him over Hyde, Blue, Andrews and don't think twice imo. It's a gamble, but it's a good gamble.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Lewis is apparently playing and a pass catching back like Vereen was.

Edit:

quote:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Dion Lewis (abdomen, questionable) will play Thursday night against the Dolphins.

Rapoport said Lewis sat out last week to get healthy for this game. The Dolphins front has been solid against the run since ex-DC Kevin Coyle was fired, giving up just 3.1 yards per carry the last two weeks. The tough matchup could mean the Patriots utilize more of a spread offense which plays to Lewis' strengths in space. He is a solid RB2 this week and a better play than LeGarrette Blount.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!
I am absolutely struggling to finalize my lineup this week. It's hard for me to differentiate between player skill and fantasy skill

Pick two, currently have bold started:
Alshon Jeffrey vs. MIN
Charmander West vs. DET
Randall Cobb @ DEN
Jonathan Stewart vs. IND

Randall Cobb and Jstew are clearly the better players but for fantasy this week I don't know! Cobb is good but against the best defense IN Denver doesn't scream start. The other thing is Jstew while he's getting yardage and usage isn't seeing goal-line snaps, those going to Tolbert and Newton.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Piggles posted:

I am absolutely struggling to finalize my lineup this week. It's hard for me to differentiate between player skill and fantasy skill

Pick two, currently have bold started:
Alshon Jeffrey vs. MIN
Charmander West vs. DET
Randall Cobb @ DEN
Jonathan Stewart vs. IND

Randall Cobb and Jstew are clearly the better players but for fantasy this week I don't know! Cobb is good but against the best defense IN Denver doesn't scream start. The other thing is Jstew while he's getting yardage and usage isn't seeing goal-line snaps, those going to Tolbert and Newton.

I like the Alshon pick, but between West and Stewart, I think West has more upside, while JStew probably has the higher floor. They are both going against bad Run D's so I like he West play for the upside.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

MrSargent posted:

I like the Alshon pick, but between West and Stewart, I think West has more upside, while JStew probably has the higher floor. They are both going against bad Run D's so I like he West play for the upside.

Has Indy been that easy to run on this year? Seems like for all their faults teams can't abuse them on the ground like you could the past few years. Maybe I'm wrong.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

BigFactory posted:

Has Indy been that easy to run on this year? Seems like for all their faults teams can't abuse them on the ground like you could the past few years. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yah they have been pretty bad. According to ESPN, they are ranked 25th in Run Defense (based on points allowed). Only 2 teams have not rushed for more than 100 yards (Jags & Jets) and they have given up 8 rushing touchdowns (3 in the last game).

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
This is gross. Pick one, 1ppr:

Spiller vs NYG
CJA vs GB
Melvin Gordon @ BAL
Vereen @ NO
(waiver) Antonio Andrews @ HOU
(waiver) McCluster @ HOU
(waiver) Branden Oliver @ BAL

If a waiver, who would you drop?

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

BigFactory posted:

Ingram just ran 140 yards on them on 14 carries.

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
Could use advice on pretty much every position this week, standard scoring (my picks so far in bold):

QB (pick 1):
C. Palmer @ CLE
Big Ben vs. CIN

RB (pick 2):
E. Lacy @ DEN
F. Gore @ CAR
C. West vs. DET
K. Robinson v NYG

WR (pick2):
ODB @ NO
M. Evans @ ATL
S. Diggs @ CHI (currently in my FLEX spot)
B. LaFell vs. MIA

For FLEX I'm debating between Diggs and Lacy, LaFell is in the mix too, help me goons.

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother

MrSargent posted:

Yah they have been pretty bad. According to ESPN, they are ranked 25th in Run Defense (based on points allowed). Only 2 teams have not rushed for more than 100 yards (Jags & Jets) and they have given up 8 rushing touchdowns (3 in the last game).

RBs vs the Colts:

Week 1: K. Williams 55 yds, 1 TD, L. McCoy 41 yds
Week 2 : C. Ivory 57 yds, B. Powell 38 yds
Week 3: A. Andrews 49 yds, 1 TD
Week 4: T. Yeldon 105 yds
Week 5: A. Foster 41 yds
Week 6: L. Blount 93 yds, 1 TD
Week 7: M. Ingram 143 yds, 1 TD, K. Robinson 28 yds, 2TD

After stoning some decent competition toward the beginning of the year they've really backslid. The Houston game was Foster's first full game back from injury, and he also added 77 yds receiving. It's more than safe to start middling RBs against the Colts at this point.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

Lewis is apparently playing and a pass catching back like Vereen was.

Ugh. Start Dion or Blount?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
.5 ppr.

Do I start Rishard Matthews (@NE) over:

Dthom vs GB
Martavis Bryant vs Cin
Mike Evans @Atl
Charmander vs Det

?

I also have Brady and L.Miller playing tonight.

I also have
L.Murray vs NYJ
Gio/Hill @Pit
GTate @KC
Marvin Jones @Pit
Sims @ATL
DAdams @Den

But they don't play tonight so whatever.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 29, 2015

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Dion for sure.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Zochness posted:

Could use advice on pretty much every position this week, standard scoring (my picks so far in bold):

QB (pick 1):
C. Palmer @ CLE
Big Ben vs. CIN

RB (pick 2):
E. Lacy @ DEN
F. Gore @ CAR
C. West vs. DET
K. Robinson v NYG

WR (pick2):
ODB @ NO
M. Evans @ ATL
S. Diggs @ CHI (currently in my FLEX spot)
B. LaFell vs. MIA

For FLEX I'm debating between Diggs and Lacy, LaFell is in the mix too, help me goons.

I like Diggs over Evans but I think you got it right if you have two flex spots still open.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

SurgicalOntologist posted:

#TodosConDion

E: the only reason I'm not starting him is I have Miller and Gurley.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ESPN, 1 PPR, otherwise standard

Start: Eli Manning @ NO, or Ben Roethlisberger v Cin?

Eric Ebron vs KC in London, or Benjamin Watson vs. NYG?

Charmander v Det in London, or Latavius Murray v. NYJ?

Other league: ESPN, 0.5 PPR, otherwise standard
Start: Andy Dalton @ Pit, or Matt Ryan v TB?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

Ben, Ebron, West, Dalton

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I like Ben, Ebron, West, and Dalton.

^^^what BigFactory said.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Pick a flex. 1PPR.

Marvin Jones @ Pittsburgh
Kendall Wright @ Houston

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SeannieDarko posted:

Pick a flex. 1PPR.

Marvin Jones @ Pittsburgh
Kendall Wright @ Houston

Wright will probably have more targets, and is playing the weaker team, sooo maybe him?

I'm not sure I don't like either option that much. Marvin has the better team in his favor, but will share looks with AJ, Eifert, and Gio.

Can someone help me out with my sit/start of Rishard Matthews?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Need help with a flex spot. 0.5PPR

LaFell, Amendola, Marvin Jones, Or Jason Witten?

I'm leaning LaFell or Amendola, is LaFell ready to play?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

madkapitolist posted:

Need help with a flex spot. 0.5PPR

LaFell, Amendola, Marvin Jones, Or Jason Witten?

I'm leaning LaFell or Amendola, is LaFell ready to play?

LaFell played last week and had 6 drops. I'd roll Amendola or Witten if your Thursday adverse.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Yahoo standard.

Denver vs GB
or
New England vs MIA

I'm having a really hard time deciding.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Juanito posted:

Yahoo standard.

Denver vs GB
or
New England vs MIA

My green and yellow might be showing, but i'm leaning NE here. I think GB has a good chance of playing a ton of offense this week, GB def could be punishing Peyton all day with sacks and turnovers.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Latavius vs NYJ or RunDMC vs SEA?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MacheteZombie posted:

Wright will probably have more targets, and is playing the weaker team, sooo maybe him?

I'm not sure I don't like either option that much. Marvin has the better team in his favor, but will share looks with AJ, Eifert, and Gio.

Can someone help me out with my sit/start of Rishard Matthews?

Yeah I'm leaning the way of Wright. Everyone else is on bye or hurt.

And the answer is no, don't start Matthews over those guys.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

MacheteZombie posted:

LaFell played last week and had 6 drops. I'd roll Amendola or Witten if your Thursday adverse.

I don't think Amendola is going to do as well with Lewis back in taking the short passing game but it's the Pats so who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Juanito posted:

Yahoo standard.

Denver vs GB
or
New England vs MIA

NE has had nowhere near the production Denver has had. I'm not in a Yahoo league but NE has bad week's while Denver has consistently scored high and won games for their team. GB offense hasn't been earth shattering either.

• Locked thread