Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Belichicanery, be wary. I think Lewis might be a decoy/mind game. He was limited in a practice that Bill said his mom could have been in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

gingerberger posted:

Luck vs Car or
Tannehill vs NE

Am I crazy for leaning tannehill? Luck may get sacked ten times, and Miami should have to throw the ball right?

I am in the same boat and came here to ask the same about the same two guys. I've got my lineup set with Luck for now, but I've got this feeling to swap him for Tannehill.

Since I didn't see anyone address this aspect, anyone want to talk us back off this ledge? Hopefully with something other than "don't sit your studs"?

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

MacheteZombie posted:

My green and yellow might be showing, but i'm leaning NE here. I think GB has a good chance of playing a ton of offense this week, GB def could be punishing Peyton all day with sacks and turnovers.

RBX posted:

NE has had nowhere near the production Denver has had. I'm not in a Yahoo league but NE has bad week's while Denver has consistently scored high and won games for their team. GB offense hasn't been earth shattering either.
Man, I've had a really hard time with this, but really leaning Denver only because they really have done well every single week.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Belichicanery, be wary. I think Lewis might be a decoy/mind game. He was limited in a practice that Bill said his mom could have been in.

Start Blount in his place?

Need an RB2 and Flex out of this bunch in a standard league. Less so RB2 as I have LatMurray penciled in already;

Blount vs Mia
Lewis vs Mia
John Brown vs Cle
Marvin Jones vs Pit
Diggs vs Chi

I have Bell and Murray as my RB 1+2, and Allen and Evans as my WR1+2.
1-6 woes; I'm basically out with another loss...

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

madkapitolist posted:

Need help with a flex spot. 0.5PPR

LaFell, Amendola, Marvin Jones, Or Jason Witten?

I'm leaning LaFell or Amendola, is LaFell ready to play?

I'd take Amendola.

ESPN standard scoring
Need 4 WRs. Current picks in bold.

Golden Tate
Julio Jones
Jarvis Landry
James Jones

Ted Ginn Jr.
Leonard Hankerson
Willie Sneed

I'm thinking of plugging Ginn or Sneed in for Tate, because Tate has been pretty worthless this season. Something just tells me he's going to have a good week. Someone talk me out of it. Also, I can see James Jones having a big game or putting up a goose egg.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

BigFactory posted:

Ben, Ebron, West, Dalton

BigFactory posted:

Ben, Ebron, West, Dalton

Thanks, guys.

Man, does starting Ben on his first week back seem iffy vs. starting Eli against the #31 defense vs. QBs this season.

Eli's matchup:

vs. Ben's matchup:

But then again: Eli has been sucking lately and Ben is rested. But ODBJr. is supposedly not injured any more. But Brown has got to be huuungry by now. :|

Despite your advice I'm still leaning Eli but I'll probably succumb to reason and start Ben.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Juanito posted:

Man, I've had a really hard time with this, but really leaning Denver only because they really have done well every single week.

Yeah it's a pretty tough choice. The other poster is right in saying Denver has been more productive, in my league they are averaging 19.25 points a game, with the Pats averaging 10.92 so it's tough to recommend sitting them. I just think this will be the Den Def off week because GO PACKERS and NE should be serviceable against Miami who will probably crash back to Earth this week. (even though I hope not because Dan The Man Campbell.

Reggie Died posted:

Start Blount in his place?

Need an RB2 and Flex out of this bunch in a standard league. Less so RB2 as I have LatMurray penciled in already;

Blount vs Mia
Lewis vs Mia
John Brown vs Cle
Marvin Jones vs Pit
Diggs vs Chi

I have Bell and Murray as my RB 1+2, and Allen and Evans as my WR1+2.
1-6 woes; I'm basically out with another loss...

That's really tough to answer, haha. Belichick makes coaches crazy on the field, and drives fantasy predictors even crazier. If you take Bill at his word then expect them to run more this week than last week, who does the running I'm not sure. Bill could be playing mind games with his statements and limitations on Dion, but even if Dion suits up it becomes really difficult to say with any confidence if you should play Lewis or Blount because Dion was limited this week. In your case I would almost forgo the choice and just play Diggs this week.

Now Dion goes for 3 TDs and 200 yds from scrimmage with 5 catches.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
ESPN Standard pick two:

Gore @ Carolina
J. Landry tonight vs NE
Blount tonight vs MIA

I feel like Gore and Landry are the safest bets and I am projected to win. But Blount has a much higher ceiling than Gore. Any thoughts?

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Pick 3, ppr

Lamar Miller @ NE
Dion Lewis vs MIA
Danny Woodhead @ BAL
Chris Ivory @OAK

Wild card:
CJ Spiller vs NYG

Strongly leaning Miller, Lewis and Woodhead just want someone to make me feel fantasy football good.

old dog child posted:

I'd go Miller, Woodhead, Ivory. I don't trust Belichick with an injured dude

Thanks for the quick response and I feel that but Oakland is pretty stout against the run.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 30, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The SituAsian posted:

Pick 3, ppr

Lamar Miller @ NE
Dion Lewis vs MIA
Danny Woodhead @ BAL
Chris Ivory @OAK

Wild card:
CJ Spiller vs NYG

Strongly leaning Miller, Lewis and Woodhead just want someone to make me feel fantasy football good.

I'd go Miller, Woodhead, Ivory. I don't trust Belichick with an injured dude

Fancy Corndog posted:

ESPN Standard pick two:

Gore @ Carolina
J. Landry tonight vs NE
Blount tonight vs MIA

I feel like Gore and Landry are the safest bets and I am projected to win. But Blount has a much higher ceiling than Gore. Any thoughts?

Gore and Landry are safer for sure. I think Blount is a good gamble today though. As I said above, I don't trust Bill.

disclaimer: I don't own any Blounts but I am benching Lewis

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 30, 2015

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I would start Ivory over Lewis, even in PPR. Of choose Lewis could easily out score Ivory but he could also get < 5 points.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

already have Miller and Landry playing tonight.. wondering if Amendola should be starting too..

pick 1 WR and 1 flex, standard scoring

Travis Benjamin vs ARI
Danny Amendola vs MIA
Marvin Jones @ PIT
Golden Tate @ KC
Michael Crabtree vs NYJ
Benjamin Watson vs NYG

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Due to the byes, I have iffy RB2 options

Hillman vs GB
Blount vs MIA

Currently starting Hillman, any reason to change it?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Lewis announced active, would you guys still start Amendola over Lafell?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm so sorry guys

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

old dog child posted:

I'm so sorry guys

Same

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ESPN standard scoring (no PPR). Need to pick a flex between Charcandrick West vs DET, Darren McFadden vs SEA, James Jones vs DEN, and John Brown @ CLE.

I'm leaning toward West due to the matchup and Brown being questionable. I don't really like McFadden's matchup with Seattle's run D and Jones is going to be matched up against Talib all night (Jones' worst game this season was when he was matched up against Sherman, although his only reception was a TD).

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

old dog child posted:

I'm so sorry guys

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

This is gross. Pick one, 1ppr:

Spiller vs NYG
CJA vs GB
Melvin Gordon @ BAL
Vereen @ NO
(waiver) Antonio Andrews @ HOU
(waiver) McCluster @ HOU
(waiver) Branden Oliver @ BAL

If a waiver, who would you drop?

Post-Dion-Faithless bumpo

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Eddie Lacy @ Den
or
Erick Decker @Oak

.5 ppr

I was leaning towards Decker originally after the last GB game, but it every day sounds more and more positive for Lacy's health and with Starks limited in practice it's making Lacy sound like a safer bet.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Traffic Reporter posted:

Eddie Lacy @ Den
or
Erick Decker @Oak

.5 ppr

I was leaning towards Decker originally after the last GB game, but it every day sounds more and more positive for Lacy's health and with Starks limited in practice it's making Lacy sound like a safer bet.

I'd much rather have Decker's floor. Dude has been mad consistent all season, never dropping below 10 ppg. Lacy is going up against arguably the best defense in the league and is shaky on production.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

LmaoTheKid posted:

WR/TE flex (no dedicated TE spot). Pick 1.

Greg Olsen
Eric Decker
Stefon Diggs

Starting Julio and Alshon in the WR spots.

I have no freaking clue who to start here but I like the idea of Olsen on Monday night.

Call me crazy, but I like Diggs here. Chicago's rush d is better than their pass d and Minnesota could get in a hole early and pass a bunch. Could be some garbage time stats too. Indy's D is terrible all around and I like Carolina to blow them out so I think the entire second half is gonna be all ground game from the Panthers.

Dango Bango posted:

ESPN standard scoring (no PPR). Need to pick a flex between Charcandrick West vs DET, Darren McFadden vs SEA, James Jones vs DEN, and John Brown @ CLE.

I'm leaning toward West due to the matchup and Brown being questionable. I don't really like McFadden's matchup with Seattle's run D and Jones is going to be matched up against Talib all night (Jones' worst game this season was when he was matched up against Sherman, although his only reception was a TD).

West definitely.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
GB @Den

Or

Tenn @Hou

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

GB @Den

Or

Tenn @Hou

This one stumped me on name recognition alone, until I allowed my brain to process that the DEN offense has been quite poopy of late and Manning is a turnover-machine. Go Pack.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

This one stumped me on name recognition alone, until I allowed my brain to process that the DEN offense has been quite poopy of late and Manning is a turnover-machine. Go Pack.

haha, I'm leaning the Pack pretty heavily, but Jax ended up being a great sneaky play last week so I'm wondering if I'm missing out on another great sneaky play. Will probably start the Pack.

Another one:
.5ppr, +2pts for TDs over 40yds, Pick 3, bold is starting currently:

Marvin Jones @Pit
Maclin vs Det
Riddick @KC
Sims @ Atl
J.Hill @Pit
Crabtree vs NYJ
Ginn vs Ind

I also have Martavis as my starting WR this week against Cin. I'm debating starting Ginn against Ind, and Sims/Hill both seem like they might be better than Riddick and Marvin, but I just don't know anymore.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 30, 2015

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother
I need 2 QBs and 2 WRs. Full PPR

Aaron Rodgers @Den
Matt Ryan vs. TB
Ben Roethlisberger vs. Cin

Julio Jones vs. TB
Brandon Marshall @Oak
Alshon Jeffery vs. Mia

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Who should i start for my WR2?

Martavis Bryant @ CIN
Mike Evans @ ATL

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Sounds like Dez is almost certainly going to play this weekend, or at least every single coach on either team has said as much from what I can tell.

So do I start him over Brandon Marshall or TY Hilton? My brain says no, but my gut says gently caress it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a ton of points to beat my opponent this week.

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother

Frank Eufemia posted:

Who should i start for my WR2?

Martavis Bryant @ CIN
Mike Evans @ ATL

I like Evans.

Inspector 34 posted:

Sounds like Dez is almost certainly going to play this weekend, or at least every single coach on either team has said as much from what I can tell.

So do I start him over Brandon Marshall or TY Hilton? My brain says no, but my gut says gently caress it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a ton of points to beat my opponent this week.

I prefer both to Dez. Seahawks have a crappy record but they've still been tough against the pass, and you're relying on Cassel to get him the ball. This Panthers game is exactly the sort of game that Andrew Luck has been carting his terrible team into and winning over the past few years(@Den playoffs 2014, @SF and vs. Sea 2013).

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

BigFactory posted:

Pick a flex for me, .5 ppr:

L. Murray v NYJ
M. Bryant v Cin
D. Moncrief @ Car
J. Hill @ Pit
K. Robinson v NYG

Any thoughts on this one?

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother

BigFactory posted:

Any thoughts on this one?

I wouldn't want to have that decision. Bryant but who the hell knows.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

smoothitron posted:

I wouldn't want to have that decision. Bryant but who the hell knows.

I don't want the decision either. I've been trying to package some of that depth for a starter for weeks.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Big Ben v. Cin or Drew Brees v. NYG?

Eddie Lacy @ Den, Dez Bryant v Sea, or Michael Crabtree v NYJ?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Mikey Purp posted:

Big Ben v. Cin or Drew Brees v. NYG?

Eddie Lacy @ Den, Dez Bryant v Sea, or Michael Crabtree v NYJ?

Ben

And

Ummmmm

Uhhhhh

gently caress I have no idea. Set up 3 bowls of food and have your dog/cat choose?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
0.5 PPR,

Pick 2, one of the two needs to be TE

Willie Snead, Jason Witten, Delanie Walker, Marvin Jones

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Didn't get any responses, so asking again:
Yahoo standard, 0 PPR.

Denver vs GB
or
Minnesota vs Bears

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
For those of you thinking about using Dez, supposedly Sherman is going to cover him. I don't like using Dez at less than 100% against him. Plus they're probably using him as a decoy.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

madkapitolist posted:

0.5 PPR,

Pick 2, one of the two needs to be TE

Willie Snead, Jason Witten, Delanie Walker, Marvin Jones

Walker, Jones.

pinegala posted:

Didn't get any responses, so asking again:
Yahoo standard, 0 PPR.

Denver vs GB
or
Minnesota vs Bears

Ugh... There's gotta be a better choice on waivers. Denver actually has a defense, go them. Minnesota gonna get carved up by Cutler/Forte/Jeffery.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

SlipUp posted:

Walker, Jones.

Ugh... There's gotta be a better choice on waivers. Denver actually has a defense, go them. Minnesota gonna get carved up by Cutler/Forte/Jeffery.

FWIW I'm a Bears fan and I expect Cutler to get sacked 5 times. I don't think either of those Ds is a great play, but both are probably playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
Start 2, sit 1 QB:

Drew Brees
Brian Hoyer
Matt Stafford

I'm thinking Brees and Stafford but Hoyer has been consistent lately

• Locked thread