Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Projected to win by 35 so probably just need a safe floor but with news of Gates playing would you start

Stevie Johnson @BAL
Antonio Gates @BAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Gates I think is just better, but if all you need is a floor I'd go with Johnson. They might try to limit Gates on his return to see how he's doing.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Gates or Delanie Walker? I think Walker is the safer play and is pretty good in his own right, but I feel like Gates might have a higher ceiling even if he is slightly limited.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Tortilla Maker posted:

Raiders rank last in the league against the pass. I'm probably going to stream Fitzpatrick in my QB position. That in mind:

Pick three (bold are currently in my line-up):

J. Jones vs. TB
A. Brown vs. CIN
B. Marshall vs. OAK
E. Decker vs. OAK

I also have C. Ivory as my RB1.

This will be disastrous if the Jets have a bad day.

Stay the course.

Arcturas posted:

I need a flex:

Jonathan Stewart (Car RB v. Ind)
Giovani Bernard (Cin RB @Pit)
James Jones (GB WR @Den)
Dez Bryant (Dal WR v. Sea)

I'm inclined to go with J. Stewart, since the Colts have been kinda lovely against the run. Bernard has been surprising recently but I think that the Steelers' run defense is pretty solid. (I could run him at RB2 instead of Frank Gore I suppose) Jones is great but the Broncos have a great secondary.

OR DEZ. But I am just too nervous about running Dez his first week back.

I kinda need consistency since I'm up against one of the better teams in our league. She's already got 20 points from Edelman, but I had the Pats D/ST & Gostkowski so I think that evened out.

Sit Gore start J Stew and Gio.

EricHall posted:

Pick 1 (PPR League):

James Jones @DEN
Willie Snead vs NYG

Right now, I have Jones in, but with Denver having a really good defense, I worry he won't get a ton of receptions. Snead has had two bad weeks, but it's not like the Saints aren't going to be throwing it. I could also pick up a Nate Washington or Eddie Royal, if need be.

Jones. He's a good bet to score a TD at least. Snead will be happy to gain 50 yards.

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Projected to win by 35 so probably just need a safe floor but with news of Gates playing would you start

Stevie Johnson @BAL
Antonio Gates @BAL

I go Johnson. Gates will be covered by stud TE covering LB CJ Mosley, the one solid part of that D. Stevie will be facing 5th and 6th string guys deep down the field.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

EricHall posted:

Pick 1 (PPR League):

James Jones @DEN
Willie Snead vs NYG

Right now, I have Jones in, but with Denver having a really good defense, I worry he won't get a ton of receptions. Snead has had two bad weeks, but it's not like the Saints aren't going to be throwing it. I could also pick up a Nate Washington or Eddie Royal, if need be.

Nate Washington is a good play with Shorts being ruled out.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Delanie Walker vs HOU or Jimmy Graham vs DAL? 1 PPR.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Murphy Brownback posted:

Gates or Delanie Walker? I think Walker is the safer play and is pretty good in his own right, but I feel like Gates might have a higher ceiling even if he is slightly limited.

Gates

Rogue Elephant posted:

Delanie Walker vs HOU or Jimmy Graham vs DAL? 1 PPR.

Walker

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

First world problems.....

Full PPR. Start 2 RB and 1 flex. Who sits?

Freeman vs TB
Gurley vs SF
Forte vs MIN
Forsett vs SD

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
PPR league, need a WR2. Steve Smith or Amari Cooper? Anyone got any thoughts?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Boywunda posted:

First world problems.....

Full PPR. Start 2 RB and 1 flex. Who sits?

Freeman vs TB
Gurley vs SF
Forte vs MIN
Forsett vs SD

Forsett

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
Big Ben or Russell Wilson? Standard scoring

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Skull Knight posted:

PPR league, need a WR2. Steve Smith or Amari Cooper? Anyone got any thoughts?

Amari Cooper is good and all, but Steve Smith is a legit WR1 when he's healthy and there's no one else to pass to in a shootout i think.

Can't go wrong starting Cooper though.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 1, 2015

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
.5 ppr

Gates @ Bal or Bryant @ Cin?

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
Need to figure out my WRs here. Start 3 (WR2, Flex). .25 ppr bonus for 40+ yd plays and 100, 150, and 200 yds: Beckham, DT, Diggs, Steve Smith

I am streaming Bridgewater this week vs Chicago. Right now I have Diggs sitting but this is really tempting.

Same league, Darkwa or Gordon? My Rbs are rear end here and Hyde is dead.

THE MACHO MAN fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 1, 2015

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Need to figure out my WRs here. Start 3 (WR2, Flex). .25 ppr bonus for 40+ yd plays and 100, 150, and 200 yds: Beckham, DT, Diggs, Steve Smith

I am streaming Bridgewater this week vs Chicago. Right now I have Diggs sitting but this is really tempting.

I'm starting Diggs everywhere I've got him, but in your case I don't think you could justify starting him over your other three dudes.

So with Gates playing, do I sub him in over Ben Watson? Only other options on the WW are Heath Miller, Vernon Davis, Jared Cook annnndd Crockett Gilmore

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Nate Washington is a good play with Shorts being ruled out.

FLEX in .5 ppr: CJ2K, Cobb, Washington, Gates, or Crabtree? I've got CJ2K in there right now.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Mikey Purp posted:

I'm starting Diggs everywhere I've got him, but in your case I don't think you could justify starting him over your other three dudes.

So with Gates playing, do I sub him in over Ben Watson? Only other options on the WW are Heath Miller, Vernon Davis, Jared Cook annnndd Crockett Gilmore

I feel like he is a better option than all those guys. Though I think Heath is a good pick up with Ben back if you're in need of a TE. He at least becomes top 12 again with him there.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

FLEX in .5 ppr: CJ2K, Cobb, Washington, Gates, or Crabtree? I've got CJ2K in there right now.

I think i'd go with CJ2k against the Browns. Not sure how much of a bump Ellington might get though, but coach talk.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

VietCampo posted:

I think i'd go with CJ2k against the Browns. Not sure how much of a bump Ellington might get though, but coach talk.

My feeling as well. Washington needs to actually show some life before I can start him I think, even with Shorts out.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
ODB is putting me in a major hole. In .5 PPR who has the higher ceiling Dez or Donte Moncrief.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

My feeling as well. Washington needs to actually show some life before I can start him I think, even with Shorts out.

Maybe should've gone with Washington. :suicide:

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Arcturas posted:

I need a flex:

Jonathan Stewart (Car RB v. Ind)
Giovani Bernard (Cin RB @Pit)
James Jones (GB WR @Den)
Dez Bryant (Dal WR v. Sea)

Bernard has been surprising recently but I think that the Steelers' run defense is pretty solid. (I could run him at RB2 instead of Frank Gore I suppose)

SlipUp posted:

Sit Gore start J Stew and Gio.

:negative:
Goons, I trusted you! I relied upon you!
(still likely to win, but between that and Bell's impending death I'm going to have to scramble for the rest of the season.)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

VietCampo posted:

I wasn't even considering benching anyone for Cooks, why do you like him over Cobb straight up? I guess Cobb's been banged up and facing Denver.

Just now seeing this, but Cobb hasn't done poo poo this year. I haven't even seen Cooks play and I liked him over Cobb.

Please tell me you took my advice and started Cooks!

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

Just now seeing this, but Cobb hasn't done poo poo this year. I haven't even seen Cooks play and I liked him over Cobb.

Please tell me you took my advice and started Cooks!

Yea, i ended up just benching Brown for him, which was the best.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Maybe should've gone with Washington. :suicide:

No loving kidding. Also should have played Eli over Ben, Ryan over Dalton, and Benjamin Watson over Eric Ebron. Basically do the opposite of this thread's advice. :negative:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

No loving kidding. Also should have played Eli over Ben, Ryan over Dalton, and Benjamin Watson over Eric Ebron. Basically do the opposite of this thread's advice. :negative:

To be fair, i did say Nate Washington was a good play, i just wasn't expecting whoever the gently caress Niklos is to catch 2 TD's.

rip

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Arcturas posted:

:negative:
Goons, I trusted you! I relied upon you!
(still likely to win, but between that and Bell's impending death I'm going to have to scramble for the rest of the season.)

hahaha, for what it's worth I think Gore is still gonna have a bad game. Sorry!

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I should have won easily this week, but the guy I'm playing against has Eli and Odell Beckham, and I have Ryan Fitzpatick and Bell. gently caress.

I have one spot left to play.

James Jones vs Denver
Ted Ginn Jr vs Indianapolis

????????

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Tortilla Maker posted:

Raiders rank last in the league against the pass. I'm probably going to stream Fitzpatrick in my QB position.

This will be disastrous if the Jets have a bad day.

:allears:

Bad but not disastrous. Still up by 28 points and my opponent only has Cam Newton left to play...

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Tortilla Maker posted:

:allears:

Bad but not disastrous. Still up by 28 points and my opponent only has Cam Newton left to play...

My Fitz team was starting Steve Smith and LVB too. I'm down by 60 and the only player between us left to play is my Greg Olsen.

You can do it Greg!

:suicide:

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I need Donte Moncrief and Frank Gore to combine for 20 points and I'll squeak out a win. I don't feel super confident.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Epi Lepi posted:

I need Donte Moncrief and Frank Gore to combine for 20 points and I'll squeak out a win. I don't feel super confident.

That's not a huge hurdle.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

BigFactory posted:

That's not a huge hurdle.

Both are equally likely to just disappear, especially against a strong D like Carolina.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Epi Lepi posted:

Both are equally likely to just disappear, especially against a strong D like Carolina.

It's not like you need 20 from one or the other, though. They've only been a couple of weeks so far where they haven't combined for 20. Is it impossible that they'll both stink? Nope.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Epi Lepi posted:

I loving knew it was gonna happen.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I'm down 28.5 points in my ESPN Standard scoring league and have Philip Rivers and Josh Lambo left. I also have to choose between either Stevie Johnson or Malcolm Floyd as my WR2. I have Stevie in right now. Any thoughts?

• Locked thread