Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
In the course of human events there comes a time when we, as a culture, must come together – to unify our efforts and centralize our cause. We, the gaming community at large, stand at a great turning point in our history. We’ve experienced the decline of our identity, and felt the poisonous sting of corruption and won’t have it any longer.

We look forward and see a future that is being shaped by hands other than our own and express our unease to the powers at be, but to no avail. We’ve been painted as the great evil of our time; given names like misogynist, scum, patriarchs, rapist, and the list goes on. We’ve seen our hobby invaded by those who seek only to destroy it and to dismantle our culture.

It is time we took control of our destiny. It is time we forged our own path into the future. It is time we stood up against those who would seek to stamp us out and bid us goodnight. Together we can accomplish so much and bring about the next age for gaming – all we need to do is take that first step, come together as a unified community with a unified voice, and bear our fangs one good time.

“The Open Gaming Society stands as a home for all who would call themselves gamers. Send me your lonely, your hopeless, your introverted masses. Send me your weary, your cynical skeptics, and your tired few. Bring me your friends of all races, genders, and creeds. Bring them together in union and give them causeway to our home. Let them stand under our banner stretch their arms to the sky and grab hold of their futures. I give you strength and sound mind – stand at my back and let me be your shield. I will never waver, never falter, and never fear. I know you; I have seen your face and I know what needs to be done. Let me reach down and offer a hand to you and we’ll go together into tomorrow. Don’t lose hope my friends – it is when we reach our lowest point that we become open to the greatest change.”

Our time is not yet over. We still have much to do and new heights to reach. Let’s get there together as a “community” with one unified voice.

loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please don't gamer shame op

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

frank.club posted:

Please don't gamer shame op

Section 6. “Gamer” vs “Casual Gamer”
A “Gamer” is defined by our organization as any person that exhibits any combination of the following: vigorously
pursuing the hobby, devoting exorbitant amounts of time to playing a game or games and does so on a routine
basis (regardless of genre), developing games or game content, attending large gaming conventions and
events, playing competitively or professionally, or being sportsmanlike in both victory and defeat.

A “Casual Gamer” is defined by our organization as any person that exhibits any combination of the following:
casually pursuing the hobby, going long periods of time without playing a game or games (a week or longer)
and playing games infrequently, or expressing little to no interest in video games in general.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
eat poo poo, op

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I didn't see a thread so just in case you guys might miss it, playstation presentation http://www.twitch.tv/playstation

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

elf help book posted:

eat poo poo, op

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
We ask that you do not threaten or harass individuals maliciously. Simply disagreeing, disliking one’s opinion, or
presenting counter arguments is both acceptable and tolerated. If anyone categorizes your comments as
“harassment” and wishes to take some sort of action against you, then please report it to the board and the
Open Gaming Society will handle the matter.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

program666 posted:

I didn't see a thread so just in case you guys might miss it, playstation presentation http://www.twitch.tv/playstation

I'm on my phone what are they presenting

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pikachu posted:

We ask that you do not threaten or harass individuals maliciously. Simply disagreeing, disliking one’s opinion, or
presenting counter arguments is both acceptable and tolerated. If anyone categorizes your comments as
“harassment” and wishes to take some sort of action against you, then please report it to the board and the
Open Gaming Society will handle the matter.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Currently, No man's sky.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i tried reading the games thread about it and its worse than this one

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
We hereby declare that all gamers shall be protected from discrimination and harassment and that it is the duty
of the Open Gaming Society to see this justice done. We will use whatever legal means necessary to achieve this
end.
In a court of law some portions of the doctrine may be used against gamers who have not adhered to the
doctrine or the five tenets. Gamers who have engaged in violent activity, levied death threats against individuals,
or who have been proven as harassers shall not be protected by the document and shall face full punishment
under the law of their country of residence. The doctrine may be used in the court hearings as evidence of the
gamer’s crimes.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

lots of 10 seconds cut-scenes,
- battleborn
- a not minecraft
- vector
- no-man's sky

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Promoting games and gamers? Not harassing others? loving lol is right OP.. What kind of dumb poo poo is this?

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Promoting games and gamers? Not harassing others? loving lol is right OP.. What kind of dumb poo poo is this?

Section 1. Court Usage
For the doctrine to be utilized in a court of law certain steps must be completed.
1. A formal request must be filed with the Open Gaming Society Board.
2. The board will put it to a vote in the community and it must receive a seventy percent [70%] affirmative
vote.
3. The board must then vote. There must be a four-fifths [4/5] majority (affirmative) vote.
4. Two [2] of the five [5] board members must be present at the court hearing, unless a physical presence is
impossible.
5. The original printed doctrine must be presented.
6. It must only be presented as evidence.
7. It may only be used once in a single court case.
a. An exception may be made in extreme cases.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pikachu posted:

Section 1. Court Usage
For the doctrine to be utilized in a court of law certain steps must be completed.
1. A formal request must be filed with the Open Gaming Society Board.
2. The board will put it to a vote in the community and it must receive a seventy percent [70%] affirmative
vote.
3. The board must then vote. There must be a four-fifths [4/5] majority (affirmative) vote.
4. Two [2] of the five [5] board members must be present at the court hearing, unless a physical presence is
impossible.
5. The original printed doctrine must be presented.
6. It must only be presented as evidence.
7. It may only be used once in a single court case.
a. An exception may be made in extreme cases.

please stop

program666
Aug 22, 2013

now matterfall, there was also another new game there but I forgot the name now

program666
Aug 22, 2013

oh ratchet and clank

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i want the witness to be good. i hope it's good.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

also OP I'm sure the guys you quoted are super weird or whatever but either edit it down a ton or make some of your own funny jokes about it because nobody wants to read their manifesto and just copy pasting a bunch of paragraphs is pretty lazy

We know there's weird people on the Internet and unless they're exceptionally weird in an interesting way we don't really care

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

gamer's crimes

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Now they are showing that cool game that looks like mon hun but the monsters are all robots.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I would like to take this moment to humbly request that a kindhearted admin change Pikachu's username before banning them, so that a poster who isn't a boring tool can claim it.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
stand in the place where you live

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

No Such Thing posted:

Now they are showing that cool game that looks like mon hun but the monsters are all robots.

I remember that one looking cool but is the girl still actively narrating every single thing she does

program666
Aug 22, 2013

No Such Thing posted:

you didn't know horizon? I would be really great if it's a good monhon clone despite of being exclusive

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I would like to take this moment to humbly request that a kindhearted admin change Pikachu's username before banning them, so that a poster who isn't a boring tool can claim it.

do not

program666 posted:

you didn't know horizon? I would be really great if it's a good monhon clone despite of being exclusive

that's like the one game i remember being interested in last year's e3 so I hope it turns out good

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

program666 posted:

I knew the name, that's just what I think of it as in my mind. It looks a lot easier and more scripted than monhun tbh, but maybe that's for the show and the real enemies pose a threat.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

drive club bikes

program666
Aug 22, 2013

e: gently caress me

program666
Aug 22, 2013

No Such Thing posted:

I knew the name, that's just what I think of it as in my mind. It looks a lot easier and more scripted than monhun tbh, but maybe that's for the show and the real enemies pose a threat.

I thought the same, hoping it's at least 2/3 of the challenge monhun is

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The post apocalyptic monster hunter lite clone developed by the Killzone guys looks like some epic win! Also, I love to have AIDS almost as much as I love watching season four of Arrested Development.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The post apocalyptic monster hunter lite clone developed by the Killzone guys looks like some epic win! Also, I love to have AIDS almost as much as I love watching season four of Arrested Development.

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

if you want sad monster hunter clones made by idiots, check out the vita

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Personally OP I prefer to sit whilst gaming.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

developed by the Killzone guys

ah, did not know thsi

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

oh, I'm the first to scoff at it, I know my hope of it not being dog poo poo is not realistic

program666
Aug 22, 2013

uncharted multi

oh and gravity rush earlier

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!