Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
3 or 1 is the best for me. I love the first MGS game.

I like V as a game and it's plot more than 4, PW and 2 as well. Probably alone in that opinion

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The story in 5 is great even though it isn't finished people say they don't like it because muhhhhh continuity

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Donna burkes English version is a good listen but not as good as the original

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Thought Big Boss was about to kill some kids O_O

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
i was disappointed too!!!!!!!!!! lol

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

That was one of the best missions the first time through. The tension in getting them to the chopper at the end was great.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

beepstreet posted:

That was one of the best missions the first time through. The tension in getting them to the chopper at the end was great.

That whole sequence is horrifying

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Black Baby Goku posted:

4 is hated because people don't like accepting that Solid Snake was the bad guy, and Ocelot was the hero, and they feel empty and worthless inside, which was Kojimas entire point about war in this era, but whatever Muh Shootmans Muh gameplaymans. :rant: :redass: :rant: :smugjones: :stare::stonklol::stonk: :supaburn: :toughguy: :xd: :yikes: :yum: eating Muh cereal thinking bout casuals like :gop: :gtfoycs: :lurkmore: :chloe: :crafty: :dogge: :flipoff: :flip: :how: :jerry: :nutshot: :razorback2: :razorback: :razorfront:

mgs4 has too meny cutscenes that jsust keep going

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

beepstreet posted:

I had to do that mission I think three times in a row because I thought it kept breaking at the end when I would get the kids to the chopper, and they'd just be cowering in fear on the ground and not getting in. I think if there's enemies around shooting, they won't evac, so I wound up getting mad and punching them all out and throwing their dumb asses in instead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobby The Rookie posted:

I had to do that mission I think three times in a row because I thought it kept breaking at the end when I would get the kids to the chopper, and they'd just be cowering in fear on the ground and not getting in. I think if there's enemies around shooting, they won't evac, so I wound up getting mad and punching them all out and throwing their dumb asses in instead.

Lol yeah that's by design

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Quiet plunging a knife into a dudes teeth was not easy to watch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

The violence in V is probably the toughest I've ever seen in a video game. The complete lack of sensationalism is a big break from everything else in the medium

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

tht whole scene was fuckng brutal from every angle

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I've played for about ten hours now, I can't go on

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

In Training posted:

The violence in V is probably the toughest I've ever seen in a video game. The complete lack of sensationalism is a big break from everything else in the medium

The surgery at the end of Ground Zeroes :whitewater:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

mycophobia posted:

hearing the teeth chipping was unsettling

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Oh Long Johnson posted:

The surgery at the end of Ground Zeroes :whitewater:

Agreed, that was rough

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

beepstreet posted:

you only have to extract one kid to pass the mission and then in the next cutscene it shows diamond dogs guys frantically wheeling a way an emoty stretcher to sick bay

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

mgs4 has too meny cutscenes that jsust keep going

Yeah, and Ulysses has "to many pages". F*cking moron.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Yeah, and Ulysses has "to many pages". F*cking moron.

Yeah and while we are at it [A switch flicks on in my brain] ... This description should be concise and serious. It should inform potential buyers about the value of the product. METAL GEAR SOLID 4consists of ninety-one Cutscenes. Of that, at least, we can be sure. A male and female fight inside a car. Riot police take the streets. Sleeping dogs lie. It explores themes. Or not. Place it under table legs or in dirty backpacks. It is a collection of words describing itself and possibly other things. It will one day decay into radio waves along with everything else. [a sentence describing its merits soothes you, promises you profundity]. Created in an offshore factory by absentfaced expendables. Released into the wild circa 2008. The description continues...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Yeah and while we are at it [A switch flicks on in my brain] ... This description should be concise and serious. It should inform potential buyers about the value of the product. METAL GEAR SOLID 4consists of ninety-one Cutscenes. Of that, at least, we can be sure. A male and female fight inside a car. Riot police take the streets. Sleeping dogs lie. It explores themes. Or not. Place it under table legs or in dirty backpacks. It is a collection of words describing itself and possibly other things. It will one day decay into radio waves along with everything else. [a sentence describing its merits soothes you, promises you profundity]. Created in an offshore factory by absentfaced expendables. Released into the wild circa 2008. The description continues...

I need scissors!

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Tranq the kids and call the chopper to the mouth of the cave 🙄

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Got my first No Traces just now :D

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I can't believe there's a whole other chapter after this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mycophobia posted:

about that...

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Is it like super short or something

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
really short

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mycophobia posted:

it's more of an epilogue than anything comparable to chapter 1. It's still really good and ignore Games posters who tell you not to play it or that it ruins the game, but just so you know there's only a few real missions in it (including one of the best in the game!!) and it's where the cracks start showing in the game's troubled development. Enjoy it for what it is. semper games :)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I ignore games posters as a matter of course

E: nothing that happens after I've spent 40 hours playing the best Metal Gear ever is going to ruin it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

mycophobia posted:

I stroke them off and drink their cum. Just kidding

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

E: nothing that happens after I've spent 40 hours playing the best Metal Gear ever is going to ruin it

Chapter 2 has my favorite missions in the game, there's a ton of great game left for you

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
gently caress Sahelanthropus and his stupid rail gun

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Semper games

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

mycophobia posted:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's more of an epilogue than anything comparable to chapter 1. It's still really good and ignore Games posters who tell you not to play it or that it ruins the game, but just so you know there's only a few real missions in it (including one of the best in the game!!) and it's where the cracks start showing in the game's troubled development. Enjoy it for what it is. semper games :)

MGSV The Phantom Game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

rediscover posted:

I stroke them off and drink their cum. Just kidding

I'm going to do that so I can get aids from it and die.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mycophobia posted:

na.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
it took me about 200 hours to 100% mgsv. i was taki ng my time but w/e, its normal to want to take your time doing things u enjoy. so its not a small game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

mycophobia posted:

lol this is like when In Training thought he was done with SOTN but the exact opposite lmao.

• Locked thread