Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bill Barber posted:

lol this is like when In Training thought he was done with SOTN but the exact opposite lmao.

How do people who post on the internet stay unspoiled about stuff like that?? Im in awe but mostly just jealous....... I think I played SotN for the first time in 2004 and I had always known about the inverted castle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

How do people who post on the internet stay unspoiled about stuff like that?? Im in awe but mostly just jealous....... I think I played SotN for the first time in 2004 and I had always known about the inverted castle

its easy, so long as u dont watch videos of the game in question and stuff like that. theres a lot of nintendo classics i dont know anything about yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

The only thing I knew about castlevania came from the AVGN videos and he only talked about the classics. So I knew Simons quest sucked but that's about it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bill Barber posted:

lol this is like when In Training thought he was done with SOTN but the exact opposite lmao.

Lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
found this at a book store today

the ultimate guide

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
lol that guy's name is nacho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

El Legado De Grande Jefe

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I destroyed Sahelanthropus

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

mycophobia posted:

I destroyed Sahelanthropus
It took me like 10 deaths to learn you had to aim for those fuel cell things lol.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
After dying a billion times I finally beat him by hopping into a tank and shooting him repeatedly

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mycophobia posted:

After dying a billion times I finally beat him by hopping into a tank and shooting him repeatedly
This is Vulcan Raven's backstory.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is Vulcan Raven's backstory.
lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

When I fought Sahelanthropus he stayed way off the distance and made no move to approach me at all so the whole fight was just me firing rockets at him while dodging attacks I could see coming from like 2 miles away and I was super underwhelmed. I had no idea it was an AI fuckup or whatever until someone posted a video of their fight here and I was like wtf

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

When I fought Sahelanthropus he stayed way off the distance and made no move to approach me at all so the whole fight was just me firing rockets at him while dodging attacks I could see coming from like 2 miles away and I was super underwhelmed. I had no idea it was an AI fuckup or whatever until someone posted a video of their fight here and I was like wtf

I had a really sick moment with that fight where it shot down Pequod but instead of hitting the ground the chopper spun directly into sahelanthropus and knocked it over. It was insane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

I had a really sick moment with that fight where it shot down Pequod but instead of hitting the ground the chopper spun directly into sahelanthropus and knocked it over. It was insane

That's badass

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Benny D posted:

Pequod coming in hot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that they made such a huge boss such a dynamic and unrestricted fight in the wilderness

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
im playing peace walker and yea these boss fights are rough but its pretty cool to cqc a bunch of people so a tank runs them over and capture the tank with no "kills"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im guessing the boss fights make way more sense when youve played a million hours and have super equipment

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They make the most sense coop but also yes the mega equipment helps

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The weird thing about PW is how annoying it is to capture bosses compared to how easy it is to destroy it. I wish that aspect was a little more fun, because just wasting a parade of dudes so the commander pops out is so annoying

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ahh yea coop would make sense too, honestly just having 3 weapon slots would help a lot solo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

The weird thing about PW is how annoying it is to capture bosses compared to how easy it is to destroy it. I wish that aspect was a little more fun, because just wasting a parade of dudes so the commander pops out is so annoying

i was trying to kill the tank and was about to run out of ammo and give up and then he popped out thanks dude

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was liking PW a good bit and then I did a coop mission and loved it. Metal Gear works surprisingly well for coop stealth and it's fun when you or your friend get seen and now you have to go into badass Black Ops kill everybody mode and 4 snakes pull out ARs and grenade launchers and start annihilating the enemy base

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

ahh yea coop would make sense too, honestly just having 3 weapon slots would help a lot solo

you can develop camo with more weapon slots. I think the battle dress has 3.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

you can develop camo with more weapon slots. I think the battle dress has 3.

i assumed as such when i saw the naked outfits had less item slots

is there a giant rear end monster hunter sword

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

i assumed as such when i saw the naked outfits had less item slots

is there a giant rear end monster hunter sword

you build something way cooler out of the monsters but it requires 4 players

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I was liking PW a good bit and then I did a coop mission and loved it. Metal Gear works surprisingly well for coop stealth and it's fun when you or your friend get seen and now you have to go into badass Black Ops kill everybody mode and 4 snakes pull out ARs and grenade launchers and start annihilating the enemy base
Co-op in MGS5 would be amazing with the huge levels.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Co-op in MGS5 would be amazing with the huge levels.

It's coming with the Chapter 3 expansion

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh Long Johnson posted:

It's coming with the Chapter 3 expansion
I Believe.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doing random coop in PW had the same effect souls online stuff has where I'd be grouped with someone who had like te most insane equipment ever and I would send them messages asking how they got it lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

That's badass

In my headcanon crashing the burning chopper into sahelanthropus was pequods final sacrifice to save big boss

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Benny D posted:

In my headcanon crashing the burning chopper into sahelanthropus was pequods final sacrifice to save big boss
Pequod goin' out hot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*dons flamesuit* Pequod is the name of the copter not the pilot.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pequod is the pilot.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pequod was the callsign for some of Diamond Dogs' helicopter pilots during the 1980s. From what can be seen, it is the designated codename for the chopper pilot responsible for personally assisting Venom Snake, whether it be simple transportation or dispatching assistance as part of the Support Unit, although Pequod pilots have also assisted other Combat Unit members as well.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Pequod is the pilot.

no .. theyre the helicopters. hence the other one being called queequeg

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its just not true that its the name of the pilot . it just isnt!!!!!!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was half expecting the cavalcade of Pequods to be the early results of Zero's Les enfante terribles project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The V in Metal Gear Solid V isn't actually a Roman numeral for 5, it's an initial for Venom. There is no MGS5.

• Locked thread