Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

From some official page or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

:stonk: WHAAAAAAA

Also So the Americans can just kill anything now, just like real life! Including the entire world's ecosystem, since they just dumped all that poo poo into the ocean. The family may live to see the planet's end, but it looks like that won't take too long. What even the gently caress this episode? Least there was that hella rad Megas XLR reference.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Uh, the jaguar thing really came out of nowhere.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

A time-traveling jaguar man. Dio would be proud. And then kill him because there can only be one as beautiful as he in his world.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I guess the family very closely resembles Sazae-san

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Serious Frolicking posted:

They call him Mr. Jaguar. I wouldn't say nowhere, but it was certainly unexpected.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The soundtrack cover looks awesome.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Every episode that I watch makes me want to drop by here and post how much I love this series, which is a lot. Phenomenal.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Looking forward to the pre-OP sequence being added to the timeline :v:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

This episode was really cool, even if I think time ignoring paradoxes is kind of silly.

AnacondaHL posted:

Looking forward to the pre-OP sequence being added to the timeline :v:

It's at the end. Doesn't seem very difficult

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
On the question on if there are superhumans in the future, I think that everyone in the future is a Superhuman, thus the term is redundant and being superhuman just means you are "human"

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

On the question on if there are superhumans in the future, I think that everyone in the future is a Superhuman, thus the term is redundant and being superhuman just means you are "human"

The question he gave Kikka towards the end of the episode made me think he might be an animal given human intelligence, so he's not a superhuman but a superanimal

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I love this show.
Kikko continues to rule.

e: i just realised there was no time jumping this episode, other than the beginning and ending pieces obviously.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 6, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Kikko saves the dayMr. Jaguar :3:

it was nice to sorta learn what his deal is, as a timecop animal hybrid. the government ninjas were super cool too and i hope they show up more often.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Xelkelvos posted:

This is how I read it as well. It's an interesting take on the "go back in time to save humanity" concept.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Split cour! Second season in April.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-11/concrete-revolutio-gets-2nd-season-in-april/.96396

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Update: Masaki Tsuji and Gen Urobuchi will contribute to the scripts.

I
Uh

huh

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Split cours have tanked lots of shows, though I'm not really sure why. Here's hoping that doesn't happen here.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

a kitten posted:

I
Uh

huh

Urobuchi is actually a good pick since he was the lead writer for Kamen Rider Gaim, and he's spoken in interviews before about his thoughts on the concepts behind the Showa Riders, and he's taken a lot of inspiration from the manga version of Kamen Rider Black.

So if we see any Showa-style Rider homages that'd probably be him. But yeah, he's less of an odd pick for a superhero show than you'd think.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Reds posted:

Urobuchi is actually a good pick since he was the lead writer for Kamen Rider Gaim, and he's spoken in interviews before about his thoughts on the concepts behind the Showa Riders, and he's taken a lot of inspiration from the manga version of Kamen Rider Black.

So if we see any Showa-style Rider homages that'd probably be him. But yeah, he's less of an odd pick for a superhero show than you'd think.

Plus, the show's themes are pretty much exactly in his ballpark.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

The real question is who or what'll turn out to have actually been humans all along.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

I
Uh

huh

This is good news!

Wish the show weren't split cours, though, but I can understand the studio needing the three month break.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I love Madoka Magica more than just about anything, but am otherwise ambivalent about Butch. That said, it does seem like he could be a pretty good fit to do some episodes for this.

As far as the split cour thing; it doesn't bother me at all, maybe i've been lucky but i don't think i've ever felt burned by one. (e: oops Aldnoah Zero, that one sucked)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the main shows i think of when it comes to split cours are JoJo and Silver Spoon, and both those turned out fine. so i already expected this to be split and wasn't seeing it as a bad thing.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's not that I feel burned or anything, it's just that I don't want to have three months of no new episodes for a show I enjoy. :v:

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

The only thing that makes me okay with the Concrete break is the fact that Akagami no Shiryaruki starts again in the meantime. I'm okay with Bones pausing for that.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

With rare exception, I like Concrete way more the more lighthearted it's being, so I really don't know what to make of the Butch announcement. Eh, I guess it's not like he suddenly became the showrunner or something. It'll be fun seeing how he tops "America dumps life-neutralizing toxin onto family and small baby."

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Reds posted:

The real question is who or what'll turn out to have actually been humans all along.
Nah I think the stock Urobuchi twist for this one is "the thing we thought was good is actually bad."

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

a kitten posted:

I love Madoka Magica more than just about anything, but am otherwise ambivalent about Butch. That said, it does seem like he could be a pretty good fit to do some episodes for this.

Same. I'd unironically say that the Madoka series is straight-up the best anime I've ever seen (with some close runner-ups, mind you), but I'm not that enthusiastic about Urobuchi's other works, and some of them had problems you could pretty much only blame the writer for (lookin' at you and your quotes, Psycho-Pass). And even when it's a really good script from the dude, the rest of the production can nix that - I got REALLY annoyed with the direction in Fate/Zero, I've never seen a high-budget production screw up action THAT much. Madoka is lightning in a bottle.

Twiddy posted:

Nah I think the stock Urobuchi twist for this one is "the thing we thought was good is actually bad."

But everything's already bad, what else could he point out :v:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

But everything's already bad, what else could he point out :v:

earth-chan is now bad

like, really bad

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So when does Dark Queen Kikko take over the earth? I want to prepare myself for subjugation.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 13, 2015

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

So when does Dark Queen Kikko take over the earth? I want to prepare myself for subjugation.

Saw the episode, and ahahahaha
Just when we were wondering what else could turn out to be evil later on

Looks like things are shaping up. Main villain seems to be former Defense Minister guy, Robocop dude is starting his trek to crazytown (Sciencers, man I love those guys already), and we're likely to get somewhat of an origin story for Jiro next time. I thought most of the episode that rad Skull Helmet Dude (that's what I'm gonna call him) was actually the metal manipulation kid from a couple episodes ago, even though the age doesn't match, since his powers seem like a likely extension... But looks as if it's a newly introduced fella. I liked his fight with Robocop, that was some sweet (and short) animation.

Not really digging how cartoonishly evil and one-dimensional the Americans are, though. I'm kinda reminded of Ghost in the Shell, here. It's all just identical blonde soldiers (lol) who yell a lot and commit offscreen atrocities. I mean, com'on, at least show Master Ultimus or what's-his-name, this is boring.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh poo poo, that ending.

Oh poo poo, the whole episode actually.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
C'mon, we all know who Claude is. Did you see his left arm?

And it's not like we didn't already have dark hints about Kikko. Remember that weird conversation Ullr had with Emi about his mistress obtaining human souls via contract?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well yeah, can't have a magical girl w/o a dark queen version.

Also,

is that the Fat Man bomb in Jiro's section?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm two episodes behind right now but :cmon: if you didn't think Kikko would turn out not smelling of roses. She's been completely okay with all the dodgy poo poo the Bureau has been pulling from the beginning and the show has outright stated she's lying about her true nature. :v:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Torquemadras posted:

Saw the episode, and ahahahaha
Just when we were wondering what else could turn out to be evil later on

Looks like things are shaping up. Main villain seems to be former Defense Minister guy, Robocop dude is starting his trek to crazytown (Sciencers, man I love those guys already), and we're likely to get somewhat of an origin story for Jiro next time. I thought most of the episode that rad Skull Helmet Dude (that's what I'm gonna call him) was actually the metal manipulation kid from a couple episodes ago, even though the age doesn't match, since his powers seem like a likely extension... But looks as if it's a newly introduced fella. I liked his fight with Robocop, that was some sweet (and short) animation.

Not really digging how cartoonishly evil and one-dimensional the Americans are, though. I'm kinda reminded of Ghost in the Shell, here. It's all just identical blonde soldiers (lol) who yell a lot and commit offscreen atrocities. I mean, com'on, at least show Master Ultimus or what's-his-name, this is boring.

From what other people watching the show have theorized, the Skull person's appearance is likely inspired from the same source Jiro's is: Cyborg 009. Whereas Jiro is based off of the protagonist though, Skull is based off of the villain.

Courtesy of 4chan.

also, if you can into moonrunes, there's this from 2chan via 4chan

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the influence chart is pretty cool, though has Reiichi had any sort of focus in the story yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Some of those are really iffy.

• Locked thread