Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I feel like the GOP is in a sort of holding pattern where they simply will not be unseated in the House for a long while due to gerrymandering/general demographics of rural districts but at the same time they cannot make any real progress on the national stage with their current strategy and crop of frothing mad weirdo candidates.

I am a little unsettled by how much progress they've made in downticket races; gaining control of state legislatures/installing Republican shill governors and pushing conservative think-tank model legislation through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I also feel like their current fractious state WRT to national-level politics is almost inconsequential. Like even if they were completely united and voting as a single block all the time with no problems what exactly could they do that they aren't doing right now?

I feel like they won't be seeing the presidency for a long time and it's possible the Senate could swing back into D control next election.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I keep waiting for them to dump the loons of all stripes and trek through the wilderness for a while but they absolutely refuse to change.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I dunno, I kind of want to make comparisons to the '12 primary where every freak led the polls for at least a week while Romney sat there looking perturbed with his hands folded, waiting.

But who is The Romney this time? Jeb! (lol)? Rubio?

• Locked thread