Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

THE LESBIATHAN posted:

Just confirming that Jane Eyre is totally The Catcher in the Rye for ladies.

Hence the full title which the publisher shortened for fear of treading on H.P. Lovecraft's toes, "Jane Eyre H'tni Rehct Aceht"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Nalesh posted:

"Why is Kept spelled with a K?"

-Writer man :v:

The word looks weird with a capital K, okay?! <:mad:>

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

The word looks weird with a capital K, okay?! <:mad:>

Maybe if you weren't such a school-skipping bad boy, you'd be able to spell better

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

THE LESBIATHAN posted:

Just confirming that Jane Eyre is totally The Catcher in the Rye for ladies.

Do YOU know what's in your girlfriend's Kindle? The answer MAY KILL YOU. And then the President.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Am I the only one who thinks shooting musicians is out of character for Evil Delsin? Kinda just seems like he would support that poo poo since he's a stencil artist. He'd totally should sign spinners though, he hates when people have jobs. Meh, gently caress em.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Seems like Neon powers are going to be pretty glamorous if nothing else. Delsin's probably going to be insufferable for awhile after he gets them (now I can stencil WITH NEON, oh the possibilities.)

I can't stand Clam Chowder myself but according to second hand info it is certainly something of a thing in Seattle. There's a place near Pike Place Market that's called... Pike Place Chowder Co. that serves something like 12 types of clam chowder (including New England style.) That's just one of like, dozens of the places that serve chowder though.
Only thing I can remember eating around Pike Place is fish & chips myself.

On a whim I did a search for Olaf's clam chowder but it came back with nothing. Pretty sure that makes it a glossed over Ivar's though especially since it's on Alaskan Way.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 20, 2015

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Hey Kalon, I am really enjoying this LP, but have you considered finding different things to comment on in the good and evil runs? I realise that your commenters might respond differently to the same observation but it would really help making the runs more interesting to watch one after the other.

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.

Skippy Granola posted:

Do YOU know what's in your girlfriend's Kindle? The answer MAY KILL YOU. And then the President.

Reading what's in my girlfriend's Kindle is a gross invasion of her privacy and sounds pretty evil and dastardly.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I don't remember who asked in which episode, but for the record there were people in Infamous 2 who were given ice powers from a Prime Conduit and I assume the DUP soldiers went through something similar.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
This game seems like Red Faction: Guerrilla with less mayhem but more superpowers.

I loved that game, I wish someone would make a new demolition man simulator action game :v:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The only thing that sucks about the Smoke Karma Bomb is that it has virtually no vertical component. And since the DUPs like to constantly spring up to a vantage point or hang out on those concrete posts sticking out of buildings, it can be completely useless in some fights. It's still amazing for Showdowns though.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The second power's Karma Bomb is probably the most universally useful, and the most visually impressive. The third one has some weird directional targeting issues and also inherit smoke's "must not have a roof overhead" clause

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Pretty sure you put the wrong audio track over the evil uncut :v:

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Nalesh posted:

Pretty sure you put the wrong audio track over the evil uncut :v:

That I did. OKAY so I was going to update today but that happened so tomorrow for sure. I'm sorry for it being so late.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Ultra late update because of various reasons! Shut up!

Episode 5: Fetch Walker ... Good Uncut ... Evil Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'll always be a sucker for neon in the rain :allears:

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Yes, it's the best vest! Soon as I got that one, it never came off.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

It's a little thing, but I noticed in each of the videos, the Corrupt/Redeem choice that floats over Delsin corresponds with whichever alignment you're already going with. I guess it's a way to say that Delsin's sticking to his beliefs? That and the player will probably be reading from left-to-right, and they'll see their preferred choice first.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hi Laura Bailey, it's always good to hear you.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
When I first got Neon, I hated it and immediately wanted to go back to Smoke. It grows on you though. I think I still prefer the next power most for movement, but Neon is great for Good Karma combat. Honestly the best part of Neon is how pretty it is. I feel like I know immediately which boss you don't like, because I know which boss I hated. Fetch's DLC (glad we're on about it) is fuckin amazing. No hyperbole, probably my favorite add-on for the PS4. I made sure to get the Platinum for this game and First Light to show my appreciation. Fetch's powers are similar enough to Delsin to be easy to pick up, but SO much cooler once you get to the end of it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Oh man this boss fight was an incredible pain in the rear end on expert. I think I died a good 2 dozen times before I got her.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Title for the thread when you get to First Light: Stop trying to make Fetch happen

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Don't forget to absorb some smoke before you've mastered neon.

Nidoking fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 5, 2015

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Nidoking posted:

Don't forget to absorb some smoke before you've mastered neon.

Man, I can't keep up with the kids' drug lingo at all.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Was it ever established if someone could be a non-prime conduit with multiple powers? Actually, what information is there about non-prime conduits? I know very little about the games but it seems like Second Son requires quite a bit of retconning from Infamous 2 what with there not being any Conduits or something.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I'm just gonna drop this off here, late, with no explanation.

Episode 6: Firework Sandwich ... Good Uncut ... Evil Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Thanks, but the videos are private

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I did a dumb. It's undone now.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It's not you, Kalon. The fact that the markers aren't arrows AND they're not on the map is a real drawback to their usefulness. The Radiant Sweep is so drat cool. It really is the best Karma Bomb without question.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Not mentioned in the videos is that while you can go back to using smoke by absorbing some smoke, you can only do it after finishing the mission where you learn all the neon powers. If you try to absorb smoke before that, Delsin just gets burned and says something like "Wait, what? You mean I lose smoke when I get neon? That's weak." It's clearly optional for now, but it will be a much bigger plot point when we gain any other powers, and I don't recall it being explained at that point, so it's helpful to know in advance that once Delsin learns a new power, he's stuck with it until he's mastered it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Well I'm just gonna have to disagree with you on the best power. Really all the powers are good enough to get you through the game on their own, so I just use the one that feels the best and the smoke dash is just so much fun to use.

I was kinda surprised to hear someone say that smoke was the worst cause I always felt that the next power was the weakest. It has it's uses (anti-air), but with enough practice you don't even really need it then.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I was always a big fan of using neon primarily too, for many of the reasons that were elaborated in the thread and the video.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
Smoke is, I believe, stronger than neon. However, I felt that there wasn't really a need to use smoke after getting neon, or to use neon after getting the next, outside of personal preference. Attack wise, each power offers different advantages, but the traversal capabilities get better and better. Because neon lets you run up buildings without having to find a vent and because the third power lets you do the same but faster, I primarily used the most current power. I think the developers were aware of this to some extent, which is why they included the mandatory smoke sections.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I still think neon is a better power than the next power for good characters, but having stuck with it for the LP, I will admit that it's still very good either way.

It doesn't help that it's actually kind of hard to come by sources for the last power, too.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Today we do a collection roundup. You can skip to the 26:55 mark in the good video and 26:30 in the evil video to see the last of the Cole's Legacy missions, if watching side-mission cleanup isn't your kind of thing, it's the only "story" mission we do.

Episode 7: North Island Roundup ... Good ... Evil

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

:allears: I love the billboard conversations so much.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Please tell me we put on the Cole jacket for at least one episode. RIP to our fallen hero.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

Please tell me we put on the Cole jacket for at least one episode. RIP to our fallen hero.

Yes, the entirety of the endgame will be done in Cole's old duds.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Something Bobbin Threadbare said struck me. Something like "They'd have to look up at the structure and ask themselves if they were the bad guys."

It reminded me of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

DoubleNegative posted:

Something Bobbin Threadbare said struck me. Something like "They'd have to look up at the structure and ask themselves if they were the bad guys."

It reminded me of this.

To tell you the truth, I was actively referencing that. And this is higher quality.

• Locked thread