Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Successful Student posted:

I don't think we've actually seen Delsin at anything even remotely approaching his most powerful though, especially if we're comparing him exclusively against characters that have the benefit of years of experience with their powers. Delsin's had, what, days? Maybe a week. Absorbing cores and shards might get him to the limit of what he can do with other people's powers but I don't think it's reasonable to assume that he'd never be able to learn how to use his own power (i.e. being a Conduit Conduit) any better than he can right now.

And considering that every time he's copied someone else's power so far it's required direct hand contact, knocked him out, AND locked him out of most to all of his other powers for a while, I think it's fair to assume that Delsin kind of sucks at using his own power right now.

That last audio log sums it up well: There's a worst case scenario out there for everyone but Delsin and his friends, and that's him getting into contact with the conduit concentration camp/jail/whatever it is. Power copiers are just too powerful due to versatility, even if they can't use the conduit powers completely as well as the person they copied from. Karma Bombs might be Delsin's peak power with a powerset while a primary can do insane things, but counteracting a guy who's only has one conduit element is a lot easier than a guy who can just switch to something else by touching it.

Delsin's not going to win in a raw power output fight, but he can fight by destroying the sources of other's powers without much harm to his own arsenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Okay, so bad news. The LP, and all my other LPs, are on a temporary hiatus. How temporary I can't say... maybe days, maybe more. My PC's motherboard died and my laptop is in no condition to be doing anything involving recording or editing. I can probably still do commentary for other people's LPs but that's about it. Hopefully this won't be long. I'm getting a second opinion from someone about the mobo just in case because we all know how doctor google can be, but if it is I just need to order one and pay someone else to install it because I'm lazy and pissed enough that I'd rather just use part of my tax refund money on that instead of doing it myself.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Ouch. The LP Curse strikes again. Here's hoping for the best man.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Your computer couldn't handle being used for 2 concurrent LPs, one of a good Batman game and the other of a bad one.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Okay! Here's an update at last! Now, because of the delay I had putting this up, I have a special present coming for you all... later. The first two updates of First Light will be :siren:DOUBLE UPDATES!:siren: The base game videos, however, are a lot of work. I basically pull double update duty on them every update, so doing four at once would just be a horrifying prospect. Just wait a few weeks and I'll make up for it, promise.

Episode 12: Something In Your Size ... Good Uncut ... Bad Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 4, 2016

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT
God, that feels like the most uncomfortable thing in the world to wear a jacket over a hoodie, especially in the weather I'm assuming they're having right now in game.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

slycooper20 posted:

God, that feels like the most uncomfortable thing in the world to wear a jacket over a hoodie, especially in the weather I'm assuming they're having right now in game.

Delsin wears so many layers I wonder how he manages to bend his elbows as much as he does.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

kalonZombie posted:

Delsin wears so many layers I wonder how he manages to bend his elbows as much as he does.

Lesser known benefit of being a Conduit. Everyone talks about being able to fly or survive any fall.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God that is the 2nd most emotionally impactful thing to happen in the InFamous series the 1st being the evil endgame of InFamous 2 where you got to kill Zeke who is standing up to fight you despite dying from the conduit plague thing :smith:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

As the designated smoke apologist, I feel that I should mention that you never use the best part of smoke, the shotgun. Smoke works best up close and personal, lots of shotgun and melee and dashing everywhere.

Good to have this LP back by the way!

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So, how many more powers does Delsin need to acquire before he unlocks the Rinnegan?

Veritonsils
Sep 14, 2007

For. Eh. Ver.

slycooper20 posted:

As a Seattle native I can attest to this fashion choice being functional, comfortable, and smooth as hell.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'll wear a jacket over a hoodie when it's cold.

It's fine, the only awkward part is when you're dealing with two hoods, but even then it's fine.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The way they play with the music during and immediately after the next boss fight are my favorite things about this game.

Rip Reggie :(

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The Lester appears to be a music reference (as is Hank's codename in the call, 'Daughtry') so it's a musc shop.

Regarding Seattle though, while it's not that accurate of a Seattle and real-life details in games are pretty nifty, I think they did well with what they had.

Overall, despite the weirdness with geography (higher sea level could explain the islands bit) and concrete (conduit MAGIC powers) it has enough realism put into it to make it interesting and none of the oddities make it feel less Seattle-ish. The lack of sports stadiums is the biggest problem but they'd probably have ended up being obvious boss arenas.

Well, even more obvious than usual.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

The problem with using real-life cities is you have to buy rights to a lot of buildings and that gets expensive.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Makes me wonder why they bothered to have it set in a real city in the first place.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Good Smoke: You get up close and personal, because headshotting and smoke grenades give quick and easy Subdues.
Evil Smoke: You get up close and personal, because shotgun obliteration and rapid fire.
Good Neon: You stay far away, using stasis grenades and slow-mo to get leg shots.
Evil Neon: You stay far away, using headshot stasis obliterations.
Good Video: You be sneaky, using invisibility or hovering to get good, presice shots.
Evil Video: You be sneaky, staying invisible and letting your demon henchmen do all the work.
Are these a fair assessment of the abilities and their karmic variations?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Good Video: is "Go invisible, stealth-incapping 2 people every time you do, building up your lackluster karma bomb."

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Kurieg posted:

Good Video: is "Go invisible, stealth-incapping 2 people every time you do, building up your lackluster karma bomb."

Well...
You still have an angel henchman and hovering fire?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yup, and if there's multiple power sources nearby, you can switch to neon to blow it's bomb, usually ending the fight before switching back to video to charge it up on the next fight.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Kurieg posted:

Yup, and if there's multiple power sources nearby, you can switch to neon to blow it's bomb, usually ending the fight before switching back to video to charge it up on the next fight.

Cool.
I'm assuming from your lack of talk about my other descriptions means that they were spot-on?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It doesn't work at all in the evil playthrough, but in the good playthrough that part just hit. It didn't get me as much as the two endings of InFamous 2, but it hit and I felt it. I wish this game weren't so black and white because man did I want to put Hank down for the long sleep.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I wonder, what is Fetch and Eugene's relationship? Friends? Love interests? Strangers?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Fetch and Delsin are at least at the "Casual sex" stage. I'm pretty sure that fetch didn't even know who eugene was before she was put onto the transport, though she did end up blowing up a lot of his angels during training since Augustine used him like her own personal holodeck.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Kurieg posted:

Fetch and Delsin are at least at the "Casual sex" stage. I'm pretty sure that fetch didn't even know who eugene was before she was put onto the transport, though she did end up blowing up a lot of his angels during training since Augustine used him like her own personal holodeck.

1. The Fetch/Delsin sex is only confirmed in the Evil path. Good leaves it more up to interpretation.
2. When getting the Video powers, Eugene asks how Fetch is, and Delsin thinks he's hitting on her.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

It's implied pretty damned hard. And Eugene knows about Fetch for reasons that get explained in First Light but Fetch never actually meets Eugene in any way that's shown to the player. Also they were in prison, I'm pretty sure Augustine wasn't shipping her prisoners. He might have a crush on her but I highly doubt it's in any way reciprocated.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

The penultimate update asks the question "what happens when Delsin becomes less like Peter Parker Spider-Man and more like Ben Reily Spider-Man?"

Episode 13: Hank Daughtry ... Good Uncut ... Evil Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Well, one of the few One Piece characters to be aware of his water weakness was Crocodile who invaded a desert kingdom after causing an artificial drought to get rid of most of the water there, and since his own power was sand based, I think you know the rest. :v:

Though being a living Sandman he was doubly weak to water, something Robin tried but failed to take advantage of him when she attempted to kill him.

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT
I think Cole would have more of a chance in a fight against Delsin than you guys give him credit for, because at least he can charge up objects and use them to recharge his lightning powers.

EDIT: Also, I'm beginning to think that Sony might have had something to do with why the ending was so rushed. This game only came out a few months after the launch of the PS4, and I assume with how much they were advertising it pre-console release, they'd want it out as soon as possible. That's just my guess, though.

slycooper20 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 10, 2016

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
Also if it was thunder-storming during the fight Delsin would be auto screwed since Cole basically becomes a god when that happens.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think the battle would have to be decided on a Good/Evil choice and only then would either of them be allowed to gain the upper hand thanks to the third party character offering their help overpower the other character.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Edit: Bobbin Threadbare brought up this same point so nevermind. Still weird that Hank wouldn't just smoke-jump away or something though.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Conduits are neither invulnerable nor immortal. They just have incredibly fast healing and probably much stronger constitutions than non-Conduits, and they can heal by drawing on the source of their power and often defend themselves from attacks with that power (i.e. Cole's electric shield power, concrete barriers, etc.). Hank was pretty tired when Delsin caught up to him, and was probably almost out of smoke. When he couldn't breathe, he probably couldn't concentrate enough to smoke himself out.

Non-EuclideanCat
Nov 9, 2009
So... Anyone here speak Latin?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
From what I understand, Delsin, Reggie, Fetch and Eugene are/were a four-man resistance/revolutionary movement, right?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Basically yeah.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Final episode! I'm gonna take a week off the LP and start First Light on the 31st with a double update.

Episode 14: Brooke Augustine ... Good Uncut ... Evil Uncut ... Good Cut ... Evil Cut

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Evil Delsin is....really evil.
Cartoonishly so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
So, Augustine's powers are concrete, possibly straight up earthbending with some of the stuff she does, and you're surrounded by her element. Sure, there wouldn't be a video game if she did it, but I have to wonder why she doesn't just instakill Delsin with the floor.

And agreed, re: cartoonishly evil.

• Locked thread