Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
all in all: Lol texas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somuch_gravy
Oct 25, 2014

this place is good and not bad
oh yeah i just amembered its illegal two have guns

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
kill 'em all, let the good lord sort 'em out

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm the airplane bottle of whiskey. That someone brought to a bar. WTF Texas?

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

ChrisHansen posted:

I'm the airplane bottle of whiskey. That someone brought to a bar. WTF Texas?

Maybe they were planning on going to the movies after the shootout?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I had the misfortune of having to go to Waco for work, and stayed at a Holiday Inn across the expressway from this location. The franchise was shut down by Twin Peaks, so it was an empty building.

Waco and the surrounding areas are the worst place I've visited in the US. Heading to lunch, one of the workers asked the other where he was taking us. He casually replied "over to friend of the family town for some barbecue." I knew this person for all of 4 hours, and I guess he felt that was long enough to drop a racial epithet.

Burn Texas to the ground.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Nocheez posted:

I had the misfortune of having to go to Waco for work, and stayed at a Holiday Inn across the expressway from this location. The franchise was shut down by Twin Peaks, so it was an empty building.

Waco and the surrounding areas are the worst place I've visited in the US. Heading to lunch, one of the workers asked the other where he was taking us. He casually replied "over to friend of the family town for some barbecue." I knew this person for all of 4 hours, and I guess he felt that was long enough to drop a racial epithet.

Oh, I see you've met my uncle.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Old fat white guys in first world countries playing outlaw.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Texas is the worst place on Earth

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
im biker and this thread makes me feel bad

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
it's extremely shameful that these bikers didn't kill a single cop, like really guys??????

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

City of Tampa posted:

it's extremely shameful that these bikers didn't kill a single cop, like really guys??????

yeah lol that's just pathetic

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

City of Tampa posted:

:agreed:

Should've been a big pile of dead cops imo. These bikers not opening fire on cops are shameful bikers.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Drones could have solved this problem better than cops, imo

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Looking at it again, are you sure it's not old TV footage from the A-Team or The Fall Guy?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Supposedly one of those that were arrested was also a United Airlines pilot. He lost his job because of this.

I'm glad. All MCs should be burned down to the ground and the knuckle-dragging morons be put into manual labor camps.

That motorcycle movie with Travolta, Tim Allen, and others is true.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nocheez posted:

If the yankees and Californians ever got their act together and invaded Texas, I'd be with Texas but I'd unironically want to invading armies to shell Waco with their artillery just because.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mange Mite posted:

So did they reveal how many of the 9 deaths were caused by cops? Was it all of them?
No but probably a lot. And here's a fun thing: the police arrested all the witnesses and are threatening to charge them with contempt if they speak to the media. Because they were all engaged in an organized criminal conspiracy, right?

Which is why stories on the shooting quote "anonymous biker #2" and names like that. Recounting how the bikers took cover under a fusillade of bullets, cowering on the pavement with brains being blown out around them by high-powered rifles.

I'm just stunned a significant number of people now believe that Texas cops are reluctant to use lethal force. But the people who got shot were bikers so who gives a gently caress.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 31, 2015

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
Any "gang" that requires you to own an expensive vehicle is exclusionary and blindly privileged, not a gang I'd want to be part of.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Just realized Twin Peaks is a reference to breasts. I'm pretty quick.

Applebee's hmmm

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

Withnail posted:

Just realized Twin Peaks is a reference to breasts. I'm pretty quick.

Applebee's hmmm

Applebees must be a reference to tasty buttholes!

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Muttonchips posted:

There were tons of people there with ZERO ties to criminal activity who got arrested for seemingly no reason. This meeting wasn't to broker some drug deal, it was literally a meeting for all the bike clubs. Even the non-criminal clubs. Biker clubs do charity runs and toy drives and just ride together. Last I checked, that wasn't against the law.

I know you people love being edgy and making fun of people, but people's lives got seriously ruined over this. Then again, they're probably going to win millions of dollars after they sue them so maybe they'll come out on top after all. You can't just ignore the constitution when it's convenient.

If they rounded up all the members of the Bandidos and threw them in jail, I would have zero issues. Problem is- they arrested everyone there. You can't do that in this country. That's not how it works.

Biker gangs like the Banditos (who are enemies with the Hell's Angels and the reason why the 81 doesn't have a presence in Texas) are literal criminal gangs and not a bunch of old dudes who think leather and chains are still badass (OK, maybe a little bit of that but that's beside the point). People who join this are well-aware of the dirty criminal poo poo they get up to and I'm not talking dealing a little weed. I'm talking murdering a drug addict who never pays up or breaking a guy's legs because he gave them a bad cheque for that Glock. If someone like that has to explain to their boss why they are in jail and get poo poo-canned they got themselves into that situation.

Yes, they have to loving arrest everyone because this shooting by all accounts was a giant clusterfuck of epic proportions and they had to nab everyone to figure out what the gently caress just happened. Oh, and I imagine a bunch of these guys had priors or were known dickheads to the cops which was the reason for the high bail more than ducking behind a wooden bench. If they weren't: welcome to the world of RICO. Oh, and if they are wearing a patch (those vests you see with the logo and everything) they are well involved in criminal activity and that is a fact.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

No one takes a cheque for a ill-gotten glock dude. The gently caress is wrong with you?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
yeah its 2015 cash or card only please

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hooded Reptile posted:

Last thread got archived I think, couldn't find it.

Here is some background, It was supposed to be a quiet meeting of regional clubs at a local Waco breastaurant. Instead, nine men were killed, 20 were wounded, and 177 wound up in jail. Was it a turf war gone mad? Or a botched police response? Nathaniel Penn reports on how the bloodiest day in biker history went down,

http://www.gq.com/story/untold-story-texas-biker-gang-shoot-out

Here's the video,

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/10/29/waco-biker-shooting-surveillance-video-lavandera-pkg.cnn

So I guess the Bikers did shoot first.

pretty standard for Waco

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

jfood posted:

No one takes a cheque for a ill-gotten glock dude. The gently caress is wrong with you?

Please pay SKETCHY BIKER a sum of THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS and zero cents. Memo: FOR ILLEGAL GUN signed: BAD CRIM

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Omi-Polari posted:

No but probably a lot. And here's a fun thing: the police arrested all the witnesses and are threatening to charge them with contempt if they speak to the media. Because they were all engaged in an organized criminal conspiracy, right?

Which is why stories on the shooting quote "anonymous biker #2" and names like that. Recounting how the bikers took cover under a fusillade of bullets, cowering on the pavement with brains being blown out around them by high-powered rifles.

I'm just stunned a significant number of people now believe that Texas cops are reluctant to use lethal force. But the people who got shot were bikers so who gives a gently caress.

you are dumb as hell

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
cops will kill anybody. They especially dumb for having a bunch of weapons and getting into their own little gun fight. They are lucky the cops had to reload.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ArmZ posted:

you are dumb as hell

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jst0rm posted:

cops will kill anybody. They especially dumb for having a bunch of weapons and getting into their own little gun fight. They are lucky the cops had to reload.

Cops are dumber than bikers.
You don't see bikers captured on film loving up innocents as much as cops.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ArmZ posted:

you are dumb as hell
lol 177 people were arrested and have a gag order preventing them from talking, yet no one has been charged with any crime. And the defense attorneys are alleging the police offered to lower the bikers' bail if they agreed not to sue.

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/20151026-editorial-in-waco-case-biker-gangs-earn-more-trust-than-prosecutors.ece

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
obama stole a bunch of assault rifles from fast & furious and gave them to the cops so they could massacre those bikers..

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

happyhippy posted:

Cops are dumber than bikers.
You don't see bikers captured on film loving up innocents as much as cops.

cops are screened to insure they have average iq. You will never find an exceptional cop and you will never find a cop who is too slow. They will be just right for taking orders to kill.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Wilson: I didn't see who fired the first shot. I was told it was a Bandido firing into the ground, trying to break up a fistfight....

Anonymous motorcycle-club member: We heard a pop. Then a few more pops. Your feet start to act. There's pops from the rear, from the front, on the far side. It's like being in a war zone.

Anonymous Cossack #2: I heard projectiles zinging past me, but I didn't hear no gun going off. It was either a silenced weapon or a very suppressed weapon in the distance. I've never been so scared in my life....

Anonymous motorcycle-club member: Now, the first two or three pops—me and half my crew being ex-military, we know what small-arms fire from pistols sounds like. We also know what squad automatic weapons [typically used by the military and law enforcement] sound like. After the third pop, it was nothing but squad automatic weapons....

quote:

Anonymous Cossack #1: I got shot, and I didn't know it until it started burning. I looked down and saw a hole. It was bleeding pretty bad. I wadded my shirt and held it and yelled out, “I'm hit!” Then I saw Diesel [a fellow Cossack] get shot in the forehead. He also took cover next to me. He wasn't shooting or nothing.

Anonymous Cossack #2: I watched the top of Diesel's head come off and land on another dude's jeans. I was probably ten yards away from where it happened. And his son was standing right there beside him and watched it happen. Watched his dad die. Another brother of mine had a gut-shot hole I could've stuck my thumb in. He had Diesel's brains on his pant leg.

quote:

“The city of Waco is looking at paying out hundreds of millions of dollars,” says Michael White, Wilson's attorney. “I don't think we've ever seen something on the scale of 175-plus people being arrested for something they did not do.” To survive the storm, the city's legal strategy seems to be to pressure the Waco 177 into pleading guilty to minor infractions for time served; this would preclude the bikers from being able to sue for wrongful imprisonment.

quote:

The judge in the case, Matt Johnson, is the former law partner of district attorney Abel Reyna. Incredibly, the foreman of the first grand jury to be convened, James Head, is a Waco P.D. detective. “He was chosen totally at random, like the law says,” Reyna insisted to local reporters. If this seems brazen, consider that the commission to appoint jurors was originally going to be led by Reyna's own father. Reyna only backed down under pressure, acquiescing to the process that led to Head's selection. Asked why he'd permit an active police officer to lead a grand jury investigating possible police misconduct, state district judge Ralph Strother said, “I just thought, ‘Well, he's qualified. He knows the criminal-justice system.’ ”
http://www.gq.com/story/untold-story-texas-biker-gang-shoot-out?mbid=social_cp_twitter_tny

quote:

Justifying the mass arrests, Sheriff Parnell McNamara said, "A message was sent to the whole country that we will not tolerate this type of disorder in our community."

McNamara describes the county's criminal justice system as a close-knit Christian "posse" of Baylor University graduates committed to "putting away as many hard-core criminals as possible."

That kind of mentality led the county's former district attorney, John Segrest, to compare the McLennan County criminal justice system to a "bubble, a separate realm. When you're a member of the system, you tend to think that most everything revolves around anything that you do. You get an unrealistic view of the world from inside."
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/state/headlines/20150913-waco-area-officials-under-scrutiny-in-biker-shootout-case.ece

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Did they arrest regular witnesses? You know, the ones who weren't wearing colors or those gay rear end jean jacket vests that make all OMC members look like male prostitutes?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Fansy posted:

Any "gang" that requires you to own an expensive vehicle is exclusionary and blindly privileged, not a gang I'd want to be part of.

This is why I started my own gang where after dinner we just walk through town. We are called "The Ambulators." We're really badass.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

cops probably did a good thing this time.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Booblord Zagats posted:

Drones could have solved this problem better than cops, imo

That gives me a great business idea, drones equipped with taser nets.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cops arrested a bunch of Sons of Anarchy cosplayers? Good. Hope they go for the anime cosplayers next. Time to clean up this country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

argondamn posted:

cops probably did a good thing this time.

Don't be so sure

• Locked thread