Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

SirFozzie posted:

As part of MLS's expanding of rosters to try to get more homegrown players ready at the highest level possible, they've created Acaademy (basically U-18), and 2nd teams, that play in a lower division, so that the team's young players and scrubs can get competitive game time.

So Seattle's 2nd team (which plays in USL Pro) managed to pull off the US Open Cup win. May be a bug, I don't know if 2nd teams are allowed in the US Cup.

edit: Just checked Da Wiki and yeah, they're allowed.

Okay that actually sounds great. Maybe I'll buy the new one before x-mas sale now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

The draft mode is proper laggy especially during the draft pick screen which is kind of an important part of it, and it crashes 50% of time me or my mate change our tactic, even slightly. Patch soon pls.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The draft mode is proper laggy especially during the draft pick screen which is kind of an important part of it, and it crashes 50% of time me or my mate change our tactic, even slightly. Patch soon pls.

Its a beta!

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Update: The next season's US Open Cup will not allow 2nd teams in the cup:

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2015/11/05/u-s-open-cup-dismisses-mls-owned-usl-clubs-for-2016-tournament/

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Well there goes my LP idea. Thanks, Obama.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
It may or may not be reflected in the game.. but non-MLS leagues are not playable in USA anyway.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

SirFozzie posted:

It may or may not be reflected in the game.. but non-MLS leagues are not playable in USA anyway.

I'm just excited that I finally get a B team for my MLS team and can develop kids properly.

The cup is always a shitshow and no board ever cares about it so I don't either. But B teams, hooray finally.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I think I've played one save in England since getting every FM since 07. Think it was with Coventry a couple of season ago when they were absolutely hosed financially. It was a pretty fun game but I gave up once I had to sell basically my entire team.

I pretty much exclusively start in the second divisions of France, Spain, Germany and Italy. Preferably with one of the worst clubs in the division. That way you can usually get to a point where you can sign real talent and not just regens.

My last game on FM15 was with Huesca in the Spanish lower leagues. I completely recommend playing with them as they have a couple of really useful players for the division (former Arsenal youth player Fran Merida and your captain and best player in the league Juanjo Camacho), nice kits, a tiny stadium and lovely facilities.

Camacho is an absolute machine though. He's like 33 or 34 and an attacking midfielder with a ludicrous shot. Pretty sure he score about 26 goals from midfield and almost all of them were from range or dead balls.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Can I edit the regen hairstyles and make them animes? Asking for a friend.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
I literally sighed with relief when I saw the Borderless Windowed display setting.

Humbaba
Aug 4, 2006

XBenedict posted:

Still a disproportionate amount of shots hitting the woodwork.

I went back and counted for my last 15 competitive matches (QPR 2015/2016 in the Championship) and found 11 total occurrences of shots hitting the woodwork both for and against. Seems alright to me based on that sample size.

So far, everything seems alright. I haven't done the head to head yet, but the match engine is pretty solid.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope the transfer AI is improved. I lost Manolo Gabbadiani to Bayern for 36m. Real Madrid promptly buy him six months later for 40m and then proceed to not play him for the entire duration of his 275k/w contract :pwn:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Never gotten the beta before, I assume that if i start a game in it I can just continue it in the full release next week, yeah?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Mickolution posted:

Never gotten the beta before, I assume that if i start a game in it I can just continue it in the full release next week, yeah?

Quite.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I've found only 2 UI glitches. Holidaying for weeks, the scores that tick by end up getting kind of erased or blocked off by nothing when the day ticks off. Also when you want to try to individually train somebody in a position they're already fully competent in, the position doesn't select and instead it seems to pick a random position that one of your other players have (ex. instead of Wing Back it'll be put on Target Man instead or something).

Other than that it's good so far. I heard of a match engine bug where a player gets stuck on the ball and the half basically ends right there because they stand around for the next 40 minutes. I'd probably get around that by save-scumming if it happened to me, though.

Having a hell of a time at the start of my Dafuge challenge. 80-1 odds to be relegated a week before the season starts. I think that happens in every FM game and you can still top the table, though. Seems way harder to find quality players this time, because the scouting is slow.

edit: Restarted because team was poo poo and I hate player attribute masking because I'm a baby. 3 preseason games in and I have 6 injuries :suicide:

texasmed fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Nov 8, 2015

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

julian assflange posted:

I hope the transfer AI is improved. I lost Manolo Gabbadiani to Bayern for 36m. Real Madrid promptly buy him six months later for 40m and then proceed to not play him for the entire duration of his 275k/w contract :pwn:
Yeah of all things I want this is the thing that I really really want but at the same time I'm almost confident they haven't done poo poo for it considering how lazy they've been on that front to date. I imagine if they do improve it it'll be a marquee thing and it'll be advertised so that dumbies like me buy it fast.

The fact that they've not mentioned AI transfer improvements means they probably haven't done much for it... but who knows I'm still grinding away in FM 15.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Is the UI less responsive for anyone else?

Humbaba
Aug 4, 2006
So the dafuge challenge is just an LLM challenge with some specific rules? What's the draw there? Being able to compare to other players in a similar situation?

edit: re UI responsiveness: I've noticed a few places where I clicked and it didn't seem to work. Moving the mouse slightly resolved the issue.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
Yeah at this point in time the challenges I like would be better called LLM challenges since I bend the rules so much. The big draw with dafuge is that you sim through the first season unemployed, and then add a fresh manager and take control of a recently promoted team that was not playable at the start of the game.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Fat Lowtax posted:

Can I edit the regen hairstyles and make them animes? Asking for a friend.

Yeah, pretty sure there's a couple of really massive regen hairpacks out there now too to give a bit of variety

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
For the first time ever in 4+ years of playing, I have TWO 5-star players on my MLS side. One I developed, and a Canadian regen who grew up in Norway (?). Go figure.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

joshtothemaxx posted:

For the first time ever in 4+ years of playing, I have TWO 5-star players on my MLS side. One I developed, and a Canadian regen who grew up in Norway (?). Go figure.

That just means the rest of your squad is shite.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

sassassin posted:

That just means the rest of your squad is shite.

Good news! It's MLS. Two 5*'s means you win the league without even trying too hard.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Telex posted:

Good news! It's MLS. Two 5*'s means you win the league without even trying too hard.

5* is relative to your squad, not everyone else's. Jozy Altidore would be a 5* player on a team of 12 year old girls.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

sassassin posted:

5* is relative to your squad, not everyone else's. Jozy Altidore would be a 5* player on a team of 12 year old girls.

Most MLS teams have rosters made up entirely of garbage, one youth player that's above average, and 1-2 DP signings that may or may not be worth half a poo poo the season after they're signed.

No teams have 5*'s relative to your or their squads. Even if they did, they'd last half a season before getting bought by a team in Qatar or some oil-rich owners in a small league.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

sassassin posted:

Doesn't it say the star ratings are relative to your league when you hover your mouse over it?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

jyrka posted:

Doesn't it say the star ratings are relative to your league when you hover your mouse over it?

I think it's a little bit of both tbh

punissuer
Nov 6, 2009
I always thought the star rating was relative to your season expectations set by the board!

I feel like the dafuge challenge got a lot harder in the past 2 years. It's so hard to get anyone to join. You used to be able to get almost anyone to come on trial but now people turn their noses up at your poo poo conference south team...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

jyrka posted:

It wouldn't surprise me. The game has exceptionally bad technical writing because it's written by coders and only edited when translated for foreign markets.

Tactical training develops Mental attributes, not Tactical familiarity. Fitness training develops Physical attributes, and has no effect on player fitness. On the new player instruction screen, "Closing Down Sometimes" means "Closing Down as team instruction", which can be high or low and almost never "sometimes".

Star ratings are based on your squad's current ability and reputation and your coach's' judging ability, relative to the rest of your first team squad with 2.5 stars being average. Potential stars are based on ideal development of "important attributes" with leftover PA (which literally never happens, and you would never want it to) and age, passed through the same chinese whispers machine of deliberately stupid ai. They are a waste of time and I recommend everyone removes those columns from their spreadsheets.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Nov 10, 2015

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Have you bought the game yet sassassin

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Big Taff Man posted:

Have you bought the game yet sassassin

I have not.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
drat, I was hoping the lack of your posts in the dating thread meant you were currently managing in the champs league with the mighty swans

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I might pick it up on Friday when it's had the release patch.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Telex posted:

Most MLS teams have rosters made up entirely of garbage, one youth player that's above average, and 1-2 DP signings that may or may not be worth half a poo poo the season after they're signed.

No teams have 5*'s relative to your or their squads. Even if they did, they'd last half a season before getting bought by a team in Qatar or some oil-rich owners in a small league.

Yeah I was forced to sell them both for over $10m each to Everton and Swansea respectively.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Release Candidate 1 patch out.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
There's a bug in the beta where old players that join in for a testimonial game don't always leave the squad afterwards.

Lampard, Gudjohnsen & Cole back at Chelsea.

Humbaba
Aug 4, 2006
Paul Scholes just signed for my newly-promoted QPR squad... as a coach. 4.5 stars as a technical coach.

My biggest complaint so far is Charlie Austin and the "Likes to Beat Offside Trap" PPM. We won the championship in 2015/2016, and Charlie played in something like 35 games. In those games he was offside 140 times. The next highest person on the team was 15. I don't know if it's the engine or just Charlie, but we lose so many promising attacks because he's not very pacey, but tries to act like he's Sergio Aguero.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Engine, should be better since last night. Wtf is a 4.5 technical stars coach... workload?

Humbaba
Aug 4, 2006
Should have said technique. He's coaching shooting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Humbaba posted:

Paul Scholes just signed for my newly-promoted QPR squad... as a coach. 4.5 stars as a technical coach.

My biggest complaint so far is Charlie Austin and the "Likes to Beat Offside Trap" PPM. We won the championship in 2015/2016, and Charlie played in something like 35 games. In those games he was offside 140 times. The next highest person on the team was 15. I don't know if it's the engine or just Charlie, but we lose so many promising attacks because he's not very pacey, but tries to act like he's Sergio Aguero.

Having a lol at this because the irl Swansea fans I talk to who complain about Gomis being offside all the time are all dead keen on Austin.