Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
loving hell, PSG just broke the record for most goals scored in a CL season in my game. In the first leg of the quarter finals.

I beat them in the qf's last season so I take a look at their team... and they bought 2 new strikers. One has scored 12 in 11 with 7 assists, the other has scored 16 in 11 with 8 assists.

I'm so hosed. Do oil barons ever die of old age? I'm 16 years into my game, he should be gone soon, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
Nevermind, loving finally

My 2 best players

Maybe I can stop playing this game now. gently caress.

Not pictured: 2 invincible seasons, 75 league games without losing, won the league by 15+ points basically every season.

The winning first team: 4 Argentinians, 5 Brazilians, 1 Englishman, 1 Dutchman.

Would never have been possible without Instant Result, of course.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

sassassin posted:

Finishing obviously doesn't matter when your player is a fast, composed giant.

I think his preferred move is what really takes it over the top combined with the ridiculous physical stats and height. My tactic has the fullbacks doing most of the crossing, so he's usually on the end of the crosses from the right. He gets more shots than my striker.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
Please stop ruining my spreadsheet fanfiction

Next you're going to tell me my stalwart right winger who was made a club legend 2 years after he became a backup player only because he broke the club record for league appearances

THE PWNER fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 25, 2016

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
How do player descriptions work? I remember seeing a thing some years ago about it that listed them all. IE: "Promising X" was X CA and X PA and Age <X

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
I've finally witnessed a bicycle kick. No, 2 in one season!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjSd57RoQ1A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zs4Rf-CKZU

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
ok maybe I can stop playing now... I hope.. please

my pretend fm story can end now right? old guy plays testimonial against our biggest rivals during his time at the club? surely? can I stop ? Please help me, someone , intervention

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
I'm quite enjoying 90% of my goals being described as "good finishes from 6 yards out" due to the fact that crosses are so broken and goalkeepers don't even attempt to pick them out, leading to free tap ins at the far post.

Seriously these aren't even good crosses, but the keepers do not move and don't try to block or catch them.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
The AI has decided that my player is worth exactly 99 million euros, and not a cent more, so they now spam me with 99 million offers and refuse anything more. When I refuse, they offer again a day later until the xfer window is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
One of my players went from "Accomplished" with my assistant giving him 1 star as a right back, to natural with my assistant giving him 4 stars in half a season. Didn't know it was that easy to get players up to natural in a position..