Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
So if I haven't played a FM game since '14, should I plan to buy FM 2018 y/n?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Quick question. I haven't played any of this in five years, but when I did I got a lot out of 2012. Is there a clear best year of FM or am I good to stick with that?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

What if you made a sports game with female athletes and didn't put periods in it, would that be weird

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

I just wish high-tempo suicidal gegenpressing wasn't straight-up better at every level of play, even with players not suited to it.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Can you turn off the VAR stuff?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

This game is so weird. I completely destroyed Bundesliga 2 my first season Kaiserslautern (bottom table team) with a gegenpressing tactic that somehow started winning games 6-1 when I put it on cautious mentality, of all things. Won the league by 12 points. Don't really understand why other than maybe IF's with overlapping wingbacks is really strong. Now I'm in the Bundesliga but all the decent signing are opting to join lower league teams because my squad isn't strong enough, which seems incredibly unrealistic. What the heck.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Mrenda posted:

That's partly a function of reputation. Your reputation, if you go up leagues quickly or unexpectedly, will never move as fast as the actual rise through the leagues. It is partly that your squad might be weak for the league it's in, but often a player looks at your reputation and thinks, "Who the gently caress is this team?" and signs for lower league teams with a higher rep, because their name might be more known.

Imagine a player signing for Leicester this season, in the Championship, instead of Luton in the Prem. Part of it is that the believe Luton, based on their squad, will go back down straight away, while Leicester are strong enough to go back up and stay up, and have a career at. Part of it is the reputation of the team. FM is just weird that it paints with too broad a brush.

Yeah I'd get it if it was newly relegated teams. But like, taking less money to play for loving St. Pauli or Paderborn instead of a top flight team?

Dion Beljo, Merlin Rohl, come back, I'll treat you good bb :qq:

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Nov 9, 2023

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Does the width slider directly affect where your players will look to play the ball, or is it just their spacing/positioning while in possession?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

England are forever losers but Jude is so good he might actually bring it home in 2026

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

why doesn't the game let you fight your players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

does your salary actually affect anything in the game?