Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I have an LLM game going in FM12 myself. I got the England Tier 10 mod, was going to pick a club at the bottom before I noticed that the racehorse training mecca of Newmarket had one, starting in the Isthmian Division 1 North (Tier 8). I just started the 2026-27 season having reached the heady heights of League 2 and finally going full professional (my facilities still suck though and I've been in perma-debt). My longtime captain is a DM that I picked up in my first season and threw into the first team right away, and he's still playing reasonably well at this level.

Something even crazier has happened in this run though: Nottingham Forest dropped all the way to Tier 7 and actually went to Semi-pro status for a season or two. They're back in the Conference Regional and professional again now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Azhais posted:

When's FM getting updated to reflect Man City getting banned from the CL for two years

Never mind that, when does it get updated to reflect a Covid-19 ravaged world?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

grvm posted:

Tried to boot up a save from fm2013 and found it's corrupted. The nightmares keep compounding in this hellworld.

I'm feeling this hard, my FM2012 save where I have Newmarket Town in the Premier is at a point where it keeps getting corrupted around November 2043. Just tried removing lower divisions from a couple nations and I'm gonna try to power through into January before saving again, here's hoping. :ohdear:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Weedle posted:

mls folds in 2023 because too many americans refuse the vaccine, we never get the virus under control and 2/3 of the teams can’t survive without gate receipts

FC Dallas's time to shine!

They have no fans anyway

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Bit the bullet yesterday and bought this, continuing my QPR demo save that sees me snug in 4th place near the end of February.

Sadly Bright Osayi-Samuel got his head turned in the winter transfer window, Burnley tried to lowball a bit but I had a talk with Bright and he agreed we should get at least 9m (still below the 12m higher-division clause in his contract). Wished him luck and pressed on, ended up with a DWW run playing Brentford, Bournemouth and a 5th place Preston in 8 days, my starters are feeling it though. Probably would've helped if I had looked up the current sub rules, didn't know it was bumped to 5 subs/3 stoppages. :v:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

jesus WEP posted:

A paradox football manager would be so good, like 90% of your time spent bribing the press not to post the pictures of your entire first team doing a sex crime

Never have I wanted a 'Like' button on this site more than just now.

Crazy Ted posted:

A Paradox sports management game would be amazing if done right, but it would also come with about four-dozen pieces of DLC over time.

Also leagues in the Americas wouldn't show up until you've played through 100 years.

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 13, 2021

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

MagicCube posted:

Has anyone ever had a issue where the game keeps crashing on a certain date? I'm only at December 26. 2024 on this save but no matter what I do the game crashes every time I try to play the match.

Instant result, playing manually and holidaying don't work. Not sure what else to try, but feel like the save might be hosed.

Not on this version yet, but I'm still miffed that my FM12 Newmarket save biffed just as I was getting back in the Premier League with some kickin young players. Nothing could save it.

On that note my QPR save turned into a "haha get hosed forever" shitfest, so I took that as a sign to grab the lower leagues mod and try Newmarket again. Sitting in 9th at the end of September with a top-half target, and won my first 3 FA cup ties, now let's see if Chippingham rinses me. Drawing at home each time so far has been nice, I've actually managed to turn the steady slow leak of money into a decent profit so far.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Just played my FA Vase second qualifying round match (won 1-0 at Dudley Town), attendance was...26.

There was literally no fans in the stadium in the match engine.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

sebzilla posted:

Dribbling of 20 but single-digit Pace is hilarious. Just going around everyone very slowly.

MLS-era Valdarrama?

the sex ghost posted:

I love it when you get a regen with two nationalities absolutely mug off the bigger side. I remember an old save with Leeds where the £100m striker born in Guiseley told England to gently caress off and went on to win 130 odd caps for Sierra Leone to presumably make his granny proud

Not dual nationality yet but my Newmarket squad came with a 16 year old Faroese kid.

It is now my ultimate mission to get him capped by the Faroe Islands before he leaves the club.

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 17, 2021

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Sure, isn't that the part of preseason where they have to spend a week in the Alps reenacting Sound of Music?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

sassassin posted:

Out of Europe because of a fullback's "he didn't mean that!!!" cross that dribbled through my keeper's legs in the 92nd minute.

I thought they'd patched that ffs

I've had two instances this season with Newmarket where a defender just stopped and let an attacker have a free run on goal. Yeah it's Tier 8 but come on.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I signed Paul Konchesky before the last match of the season (lol Tier 8), mostly because he wanted to be a player/coach. I subbed him in late because he had no match sharpness, he hit one nice long ball to send my star forward in on goal, but couldn't get it past the keeper.

I'm just starting the next preseason now, and Konchesky decided to retire. Oh well, at least he's still a good coach for this level.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

So friendlies were already set up for me at the start of preseason. Can't really complain as we got a bumper crowd for Cambridge United, and Colchester drew us about 5x our normal league match attendance. And now I have a match against...Hashtag United. :v:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Cruising right along in my second season with Newmarket, then I got an offer from Morpeth to interview for their head coach job out of nowhere. Declined of course.

Then I beat Tamworth in the FA Cup 2nd qualifying round and drew at home against...Morpeth. :twisted:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Masonity posted:

He's 15 with a boatload of potential. Make him mobile!

Yeah his quickness stats are rising and he's got nice mentals for a 15yo, maybe have him do lots of sprints and see where he is in a year?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Currently grumbling that the FA Cup results screen doesn't show attendances, I like to scroll through the early rounds to see what minnows are getting paid.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

https://twitter.com/nocontextfm1/status/1378391848960602118/photo/1

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Orrrr you could say "gently caress that" and just grab the American Premier League mod! :v:

...they did make an APL mod for '21, right?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Azhais posted:

lollujo is currently doing some "10 tier promotion/relegation pyramid in America" save with a custom club, and I can't imagine he set all of that up himself.

So I'm going to say yes, a mod was made for 21

Wow, what would Tier 10 be, Montana? :laugh:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

So yeah, turns out Steam workshop has a butt-ton of USA pro/rel mods. And none of them have any reviews or creator names I recognize.

Help.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Ugh I'm just starting the 2026 preseason and they did it, they did the 48 team World Cup.

At least Uzbekistan managed to beat Germany to get out of the 3 team groups, that was amusing.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah I play loooooong saves and by about 2030 the game's general day to day processing gets excruciatingly slow on my laptop. Not really playable unless I'm doing something else and just letting it grind in the background, checking in every 10 minutes or so.

I assume the CPU is the limiter.

Same but I also like to play with more leagues running, which doesn't help either.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Forget Brexit, I just got SerbIN! Serbia and Montenegro both joined the EU. :v:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I now have Newmarket Town in Tier 7, just one more promotion and we can jam in the Bananarama divisions! :v:

The monster striker I swiped off a rival seems to have plateaued skillwise but that hasn't stopped him from scoring 20+ every season. Sadly the Faro kid didn't develop at all so I let him walk. Also we got sold, but the new guy hasn't been any different other than taking out a loan with repayments we can easily manage once we actually start getting revenues in.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Won our first Southern League Premier (Central) match, beat Hednesford away 2-1!

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

sebzilla posted:

I have in the back of my head an idea to do a real-time LP of Football Manager, one day per day. A very niche set of weirdos might be into it.

Well Grey Hunter LP'd a WW2 Pacific theatre simulator day by day and people got into it. The problem with FM is that there's just so many days with little or nothing going on, maybe 2 per week might work?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

sassassin posted:

Have you tried fulfilling your promises? That's what I do.

Pissing off players is part of the job, they're children and will generally get over issues in time.

Also the right response when they get pissy can get them to back down.

Good luck guessing which one that is, but at least there's a chance! :v:

(Seriously if they're going this route they should at least have it look at recent events, like "waaa why haven't you loaned me out?" "Bitch I offered you out 3 times and nobody wants your punk rear end, sit down."

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Of course. Promise to strengthen the squad -> buy several much better players -> "YOU BROKE YOUR PROMISE gently caress YOU SELL ME NOW" because what the game thinks constitutes improvement is opaque and nonsensical.

Honestly it's all good because I turn basically the entire squad over every two years as they demand more money and thus can be sold and replaced with cheaper but equally good players. It's the circle of life.

In breaking news, my League One team just concluded a six match winning run to clinch the title on the penultimate game by not giving a poo poo and blowing a 2 goal 70th minute lead to lose the last meaningless game. I tore them all a new rear end in a top hat in the team talk and the presser and now they're all pissed and will probably all be sold. I will likely be sacked in 24th place in December and I don't even care.

update: the whole team wants ridiculous new contracts--and then when I transfer list them they refuse to leave. :allears:

Also buy new player with promise to strengthen (position) -> 1 week passes -> WHY HAVEN'T YOU BOUGHT ANYONE YET

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

sassassin posted:

Opposition managers respond the same way they always have. Relative reputations are reconsidered twice a year, which informs how defensive or attacking they make they default approach(es). There's no real mechanism for better managers being better at working out how to play a particular game.

The key issue with the current public match engine build is how well inferior teams keep the ball. It's the old "relegation battlers playing like Barca" issue turned up to 11. This might be creating the impression that other sides are playing better as you improve. This will change with the next match engine patch, it's not intended behaviour.

Pressing doesn't really work at the moment, but it's got nothing to do with stamina changes. The main changes they made to stamina were about players preserving energy when tired, rather than getting tired faster. You can set a high block all game but players engaging and trying to win the ball is very rare.

One thing that's really annoyed me about '21 in my LLM (currently Tier 7) run has been how my team will get into a rut where they're just constantly booting the ball away while my opponent is picking up pretty much every loose ball. Changing my formation helped but it was getting silly how non-league opponents would just turn on the Pepball.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

kingturnip posted:

I'm pretty sure a French team travelling to Tahiti for a French Cup match is about as long-distance a trip as you can get in domestic football.

Reykjavik - Baku would be a heck of a journey, and has probably been done before.

Krasnoyarsk has a second-tier team as well. Travel costs wouldn't be quite as bad as Vladivostock.
Having a quick scan on Google Maps, I'm now considering moving one of the Yakutsk teams to the second tier and trying something out there. (You'd probably have to set some financial boosts in place, though).

Have a Russian mafia boss buy it as a sugar daddy, job done.

On that note I grabbed the in-game editor for '21 for 5 cents and used it to kickstart my Newmarket run. And by kickstart I mean save our asses from going bust, just cleared the 300k+ debt and raised the wage budget to just below what we were paying. I did just manage to grab a 19 year old Kosovo midfielder who's 4.5 stars, even after actually joining us (new signings usually drop a star or more).

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 6, 2021

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

eleven extra elephants posted:

It does this with subs some times where it basically steals the sub off you and the player you were supposed to bring on stays on the bench.

I think I've seen this a time or two when making a sub right after a red card.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Well I just saw something for the first time: a keeper CATCHING a penalty kick. :catstare:

And it wasn't just a tame shot up the middle, he just guessed right and went yoink.

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 10, 2021

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Ahahahaha the social feed just referenced my backup keeper as "100M rated Brad Collett".

Like sure guys, hell I'll take 30M because I'm such a nice guy.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Azhais posted:

Meanwhile I just started up in Türkgücü München and am trying to sell a few guys for $0 to free up some wage space since they're paying a 35 year old CB 17500/w in 3.liga

Just ICYMI: I'm playing Newmarket Town, clawed my way up to just below the Bananarama tiers. :v:

Well, WC 2034 qualifying just got interesting. There's a janky playoff where Suriname(!) is playing Jordan (!!) for the right to play Tunisia for one spot, the other semi is New Caledonia (oh come on you're just trolling me now) playing Bolivia to face India for the other. :wtc:

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 10, 2021

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Shazback posted:

Is this some 64-country format?

2030 was 16 groups of 3, this one hasn't been scheduled yet but should be the same right?

The winners were Tunisia and India BTW.

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 13, 2021

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

More Newmarket things: Just advanced to the 5th round of the FA Trophy. Was at home vs Halifax, they got a red card in the 4th minute and we bossed the match but couldn't find a goal, then had to go 8 rounds in penalties.

So our next draw is...Wrexham. :argh:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Now in the 2034-35 season with Newmarket Town, and we're on a cup tear. Made it to the first round of the FA Cup and beat United!

That's right, FC United of Manchester. :v:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

The dream is over, we drew away to MK Dons and got pasted 5-1, with two red cards to boot.

Gonna cry all the way to the bank with our 93k share of the gate.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Eh, we were big underdogs and I wasn't expecting to win. Just glad enough fans showed up to give us a payday. Also the previous round had our first capacity crowd ever (1750, lol).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

JustJeff88 posted:

I'd rather have a football/baseball sim where teams have equal resources, but that's less somehow even less likely than infinite.

I certainly don't have functionally infinite money. Though I am roleplaying this as the club being run by a rich group, just targeting their spending in a particular way rather than just buying the best players you can.