Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
It's more a UEFA problem than an SI one I think. Love to have an end of season team refresh and then boom, time to register your continental squad, enjoy your maximum 3 new players!

Bonus points if you're playing in Iceland, where the window opens after continental registration so enjoy your zero new players!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Masonity posted:

Yeah professionalism is always king for me. I'm absolutely into low sportsmanship and don't know why it's a negative. Happy to cheat my way to extra points! Low ambition in a scout report doesn't put me off but unambitious as a personality always leads to disappointment. Maybe that's just because it signifies they don't have any other stats high enough to overrule the low ambition and give them a positive personality despite it?

It's this, unambitious means professionalism, determination and pressure are also all under 10 iirc

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Vegetable posted:

To be honest I’d love if they went one step further and made this one of those cloud games. This is exactly the kind of game that benefits from having a superpowerful cloud computer do all the work. Then everyone can load a bazillion leagues and they could maybe do far more complicated backend stuff that they presumably can’t do now because the game already runs like crap. That’d be worth subscribing to.

This is the only way this could possibly be good, and even then it will be making the user experience worse elsewhere to achieve it. Anything else is just naked money grabbing.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The only way to make national team management bearable is to use exclusively your own players

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Mrenda posted:

And it's the last of the "series" of the old FM style before they move to Unity

Unity probably won't exist as a company by next year the way things are going

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
As I understand it CA/PA only exists to provide a delta to drive stat development, the figure itself does nothing in the match engine.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

IMB posted:

You can only register 9 non-Norwegians, so you really have to get those guys right.

Fire up the scout network and build your own home grown players, or just juggle squad registration when you want to bring in non-HG backups, it's free registration all season iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Pipski posted:

Talking of Scandinavia, some 27 year old has been hired to manage a 4th division Icelandic team base on his FM resume. https://www.sportbible.com/football/gaming/football-manager-gaming-iceland-football-262214-20240211 Claims he's spent 12% of his entire life playing FM.

That's not quite right, he was hired because he's a retired footballer who took over a 5th tier amateur side and did well, the FM stuff is just a sideshow.

Also Iceland isn't Scandinavia :argh: