Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

THE PWNER posted:

I came up with my first actual good tactic that at least shows some semblance of basic understanding. 4-1-2-2-1 with 2 AMCs, a deep lying forward, wide midfielders cutting inside and fullbacks providing most of the width. Basically the DLF picks up long balls, holds up the ball, gets it out onto the full backs and a cross comes in with the AMCs and WM's in the box. The striker hardly scores and our goalscorers are all over the place, but its working super well. We have a pretty insane cross completion rate of 40% because we just have so many guys in the box that its impossible to mark all of them.
Just tried out a slightly changed version of this - I have the wingers staying outside, and a central DLP to pick out a slightly higher forward on the counter. You're right, the game seems entirely unable to deal with that many players all rushing in at once. I'm seeing the entire defensive line all marking one guy, even. I think it's the same thing that meant three forwards was the dominating tactic a few versions ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
My players keep complaining about the quality of the tactical coaching. I have two perfectly fine coaches for it. What might I be overlooking, or should I just ignore them?

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
That's depressing. It's still the most well-coached attribute, weirdly, I think I just have one for everything else, with no complaints.

Thanks for the answers, though.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Bogan Krkic posted:

Just make sure the workload for coaches in each attribute never goes above 'Average' and you'll be set
They're all on Light. It doesn't seem to make a difference.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Bogan Krkic posted:

Weird, maybe your players are just retards
These are mostly my useless under-18s who are never going to sniff a game and one first-team guy, so I give zero shits.