Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
First match in FM24, using an FM23 save and we score from 3 attacking set pieces. lol

Second match and my Libero on Support takes the ball from a centre-back and runs it into the opposition area.

kingturnip fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
My Chief Scout recommends an overpriced, poo poo-tier centre-back because he can "help with the lack of quality at centre-back".
We've got 6 centre-backs who are better. Good job, moron.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I've finished the season and can report that my Libero (S) can sometimes just go completely apeshit in matches.
I've had him turn up in the box from open play to slip a striker in for a finish, or run with the ball into the corner to lay it off to a full-back.

It is glorious.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

algebra testes posted:

So people are generally pretty high on this version? Worth the jump?

Pretty much.
There are still some problems: Set pieces are a little too dangerous right now, so I expect them to get nerfed a tad. Also, player interactions don't seem to have improved as much as originally advertised. There is also still some weird unresponsiveness from defenders during attacks, which I'm hoping is just a 3D engine issue, rather than a match engine thing.
Overall, though, it feels much better.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

eleven extra elephants posted:

If you mean you're trying to release them on a free you still owe the player for some (maybe all?) of their remaining wages left on the contract so boards are pretty reluctant to allow them, you can try transfer listing them for 0 though.

If you can get them a loan somewhere they'll play well, that can sometimes get other teams interested in them.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Vegetable posted:

I’m seeing the weirdest thing in my latest game. An Asier Beitia, who has a newgen portrait, apparently manifested into existence in 2024/2025 at Spanish team Eibar, joined a Saudi team next season, and two seasons later is 27 years old.

Are they generating 24 year olds now? What the heck.

Did Eibar get promoted to a playable league, or reach European competition? Sometimes the game will insist on generating a few new players for a team when that happens, like "oh poo poo, better make it look like the game-world is actually alive".
It's why the purest way to play is with literally the full database of leagues and players active from Day 1.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Answers Me posted:

Managerial sackings (and suitable replacements being appointed) is something they’ve never really been able to crack for some reason. They’re always a bit weird and take me out of the game, to the point where I sometimes resort to using the in game editor to correct something egregiously dumb

I had to get rid of the Head Coach of the Romanian national team in my save because the dude had an everlasting contract but was utterly atrocious. I think they got relegated to the bottom group of Nations League, and finished Euro Qualifying below Malta in their group.
Despite them having a pretty good team.
They hired someone a lot better to replace him.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

We played 3 matches in September...

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
SI's response - when they've bothered to answer the complaint/query - is that it creates more drama when you have these back-to-back fixtures.

In this case, eh, it's Porto. It was either going to be them or Benfica and I hate both options.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I do appreciate that it's still possible to let your AssMan finalise European registration so that none of the 15 players you promised first team football to who didn't get registered will be angry with you.

Granted, he usually picks the absolute worst options in each position, but I'll cop to that being my fault.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I praise the 3 top performers in training each week (assuming they get more than an 8.0) and the last Friday of each month, I'll praise everyone who got an 8.0 or higher, including the players in the Youth squads.
And if a player gets less than 6.5 in training, I criticise him.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

IMB posted:

Playing in Norway is rough. None of the top top Norwegian players want to play in the domestic league, so they're off the table. You can only register 9 non-Norwegians, so you really have to get those guys right. The instant you have a 18-20 year old who breaks out, the big clubs come calling, and since you're in Norway, they just spam you with $7m offers for $25m players until they get unsettled and demand to leave.

Oh yeah, and since you play through the summer, other leagues' transfer window opens up in the literal back half of your season, meaning your best players leave with 10 games left in your regular season.

Best I've done is a couple of UCL quarterfinals. I got close last time, beat Spurs 1-0 away but lost 2-0 at home. I don't know if I'm good enough at this game to pull it off.

At some point, my masochism complex is going to send me back to Finland, to find out if SI have finally fixed the awful fixture or winter break scheduling issues that have been in the game since as long as I can remember.
But not yet.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I'd heard about it.
Might as well just use the in-game editor, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Look, if I can't read a full novel on the first day of the summer transfer window, that just tells me I can add more leagues to the game.