Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The draft mode is proper laggy especially during the draft pick screen which is kind of an important part of it, and it crashes 50% of time me or my mate change our tactic, even slightly. Patch soon pls.

Its a beta!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Any opinions on if its worth the upgrade over 15, or should I just dl the latest transfer pack in January.

Too early to tell?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

sassassin posted:

I don't even load the mls.

I have a hypothetical question. How does not loading a league affect player development and stuff? Like I've alway wanted to take over a Premier team and use it to farm and develop American regens in an effort to win the cup. If you don't load the mls would you get better or worse americans?

Do all American regens start in mls?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I have a bit of a vacation before starting a new job and want to try getting back into FM after stumbling around Arsenal and almost getting them relegated in FM14. My managerial style was akin to a retard humping a doorknob. I have FM15 currently.

1. Whats some bullshit I need to watch out for? Crosses from RB/LBs i believe when I was reading the thread for instance

2. Should I start with a very good team a-la Arsenal/Man City/PSG/Barca or go from the bottom up? By bottom I mean a lovely team in Italy, or like League 1/Championship.

3. Is it generally more advisable to fit players into a tactic that I want to play, or figure out what my players do and keep a fluid tactic?

I think I'm going to try FM classic this time since the full FM experience is way to overwhelming.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Whats a nice simple, tard proof tactic for me? 4-4-2?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
ok so 4-3-3 any tips, or should I just google that formation and immerse myself in the 'tism

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
How the gently caress do you identify who is a good transfer for your team? Jus better stats in the role you need?

And how do you find players.....just assign scouts regionally

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
God contracts confuse the poo poo out of me I wish there was a way to automatically respond players I wanted without getting completely hosed

What are some good back 4 and midfield signings for a championship side? Blackburb rovers in a 4-3-3 downloaded tactic?

Its FBs(a), CBs(d) behind a BWM(s)

Got a centermid (s) and centermid (a) next to each other and than 2 wingers wide attack and an advanced foward attack.

Playing control, very fluid and like 16 team instructions.

I only have one decent option for that bwm(s) role but im happy with my attacking players even though weve not scored or conceded in 5 leauge games.

:/

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Ugh I don't know dick about contracts and all these clauses are so intimidating...but I don't know what to add or subtract...I try to stay away from % raises but everyone loving wants them....what are some contract tips?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i think im getting hosed in all my transfer negotiations

e: well I finally found some players I want to offer and I cheated using some wonderkid lists and cheap transfer lists but literaly no one wants to play for Blackburn in the Championship :/

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 1, 2016

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

nervana posted:

Personally I learned a lot more when I started in League 2 because there was so little to work with. Those tiny % make a huge difference at that level so you learn to work with what you got, rather than trying to apply your philosophy to the team.

i wanted to do championship cause i figured i'd have a bit of a budget and be able to attract talent but :/

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

nervana posted:

Right I understand but remember even a "League 2" team can attract top class players when your team becomes good enough, for example, the Champions League.

If you mean you want to sign up players you know already, yeah it's going to be tough. You basically have to promote the team to the Premier league before all the players you know retire :/

I didn't even go after players I know, I don't really know anyone except world class players, but I went after like...Balanta, Mammana, Andrija Zivkovic, Arango and all of them are not interested in playing in the Championship with me

e: Does anyone have coach hiring recommendations? My guys are being poached and my staff is getting low

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 1, 2016

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

sassassin posted:

Just pay them whatever they want if the board allows it. It's not your money, who cares?

I did i didnt try to negotiate with them and they all just shut me down

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Hegay posted:

Any recommendations for a beast, game breaking plug and play tactic for FM 14?

I would be interested in what you guys run on fm16. I am currently running this

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-16-tactics/358219-bluths-16-3-tweak.html

as Blackburn Rovers, not arsenal, in my second season. I'm having trouble filling the tequestra and CF role.

I signed some old striker from the prem and I have a nice American regen striker who looks like a wonderkid but both are poo poo CF's.

I'm also not sure if having attacking wingbacks is too attacking. I have alot of 3-2,3-3 score lines but i don't know how to ensure my wingers pick up any attacking slack

i also don't know poo poo about football tactics so i am scared to change anything as i dont know how to balance any changes.

I have great wingers, as I got Josh Murphy, Alejandro Bedoya (who is great in either central roles and a decent poor mans tequestra), and Ben Marshall so I'm interested in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1/4-3-2-1 with wide wingers

anyone have anything?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Ragingsheep posted:

Change your WBs to FB-support and central defenders to CB-defend or even Limited CB-Defend if they have poor passing and mental stats.
I did this and i got opened up and lost 4 matches in a row 2-1, 2-0, 1-0,0-0,3-1 and idk what the gently caress to mostly bottom half teams....I thought i'd be more stout but good lord, what the gently caress. I kept the same creative midfield roles though and the CF....

e: whats a good 4-3-3 tactic look like that can play in the championmship and prem?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I thought 4-4-2 was basically dead irl

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
My goalkeeper went to clear a backpass and hoofed into an oppositions striker like 18 yrds out and it bounced off him and went into the goal

so gently caress me i guess

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I should apparently train Jose Reyes as a sweeper keeper....are sweeper keepers poo poo in FM?

Also, I think im going to get promoted this year (year 2), who is a good goalkeeper for like 11 Million i can get who won't get poo poo on in the prem?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Ewar Woowar posted:

If you want a good tactic I can give you one. It's not great on possession but it will score goals and not concede those insanely frustrating ones from deep crosses. I won the league with Red Star (Ligue 1) in the third season (promoted, 5th, title) which is loving ridiculous given the team I had and the fact PSG were around.

Currently using it with Sporting in Spain. First season I came fourth and qualified for Champions League despite being picks for relegation.

http://imgur.com/a/W16ez

Why the asymetrical fullback duties? Any reason you set it up like that?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I have a stud american striker wonderkid....

what the gently caress do i do with him?

He's 20

training...development...position...?

good enough to build a tactic around?

he's my first....

also...Is it a problem if everyone is unhappy due to high training workload

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

abuse culture. posted:

He's bad.

Unless he was playing for Kookoostan JG for his entire career his stats are really low for a 20 year old

aw its says he could be a good prem winger. is he really poo poo and why?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

sassassin posted:

He's not impressive for a 20 year old but he's not awful. He'll dribble about a lot without passing it and then fluff one on ones because of his balance and composure. But he's got enough attributes to be useful in the Championship and bottom of the Premier League.

If you can still tutor him do it as "fairly determined" is a bad personality type, and he's already complaining about going to training. But then if your whole squad is complaining you're probably doing too much, so either add a few more rest days or lower the overall intensity.

do i rest before or after matches

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
what the gently caress is "thinks he should work on shooting"?

i switched this guys training to finishing but he's still bitching about it

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

vyelkin posted:

Rename your manager Pep Guardiola and murder football.

someone please post the triangles post please thank you

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Cthulhumatic posted:

So I am tactics retarded then.

Its ok the first time i played fm i almost got arsenal relegated first season

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
If I wanted to run a 4-2-2-2 similar to Manchester United in 07ish with Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney what would I do?

It was a 4-2-2-2 right?

Also, should I play an IF who cuts inside on the same side as a wingback? or thats like too much attack and no defensive duties

I've simmed foward and purchased a regen thats matured into someone whose got 17 crossing, 13 Pace/Acc, 7 Passing, 16 Dribbling, 13 marking and 13 tackling.....with 3 balance and some poo poo mentals (7 concentration, 6 Determination)..... How should I get the most of him? Make him a dumbass FB who crosses?

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Aug 3, 2016

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I believe he is refering to NBAs 2K myCareer and assosciation mode.

Mycareer/myplayer is loving sick and you negotiate contracts, sign for teams, get endorsements, rgularly hi milestones, give inteviews yhat affect how much fans/teams/owners like you which affects endoresements and $$$.

The fifa myplayer thing will be a lovely shallow immitation of this since EA has no idea how to do a myplayer mode with anyore depth than *lock camera on player*

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I play a 4-3-3 and got a FB with 17 crossing. I play with an AP as CF, two wide support Wingers who are by far my best players. They can play inside foward as well, and one can be a trequesta both with two bars off full.

I want my FB to cross a ton....how do I make that happen while preserving the ability of my wingers to create and finish?

Usually do LW(s)-CF(a)-RW (s) / CM(s), AP(a), DLP(d)/ LB(s) BPP(d) CB(d) RB(my new guy)

im afraid if i ask for overlap or set him to attacking it will diminish the role of my wings and ill have a winger and my fb sitting in the same spot in attack...

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Aug 12, 2016

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
awesome thanks

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

sassassin posted:

You've turned on the two settings that tell your players to ignore your instructions.

Full-backs on automatic lol

shots fired

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Mandalay posted:

Irrationally excited for the new FM game now that the Premier League season has begun. The hype cycle continues..

Theyre gunna add advanced stats

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

The Croc posted:

Has any info on what new features to distract you from all the broken poo poo has been added this year?

Gunna have to hire a data analyst and statistics analyst and all your matches will have ADVANCED STATS PHOWARED BY PROZONE(TM)

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 17, 2016

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
lol if i cant tweet a highlight directly from the ME

#FM17

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
New year
Same game
same thread

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

eleven extra elephants posted:

I dunno what happened but ever since the full release I've been getting destroyed, playing as Wolves and won the Championship. Can't tell if the issue is my step up the Prem or my tactics not working with the new ME

Its your tactics mate

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I cheat because idk anythig about soccer, my tacics are poo poo, i dont know anyones name, and i nearly got Arsenal relegated op but i still wanna have fun

e: i cheat by making myself and my friends 18 year old -9 PA players and just fill out positions and give ourselves a quarter billion dollar release fee god bless

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 8, 2016

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

sassassin posted:

They've still not fixed AI managers thinking positional familiarity ratings matter to performance.

Imagine if you made all your player selection and purchasing decisions based on star ratings. That's how bad the AI is at the game.

This is how I actually play

Does the green bar matter

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Basically you shouldn't listen to anything, everything the game suggests is wrong and the AIs are all racing to the bottom as the save gets longer.

im in a race to teh bottom of the special olympics of football manager

Because I am terrible at FM i like to make my friends and allow the computer to randomly generate the stats. Are any of us any good? what would you do with these guys?

I play a 4-2-3-1 wide.

RB(Auto)-BPD(D)-CD(D)-LB(Auto)
BWM(D)-DLP(S)
W(S)-AP(A)-W(S)
AF(A)

My AF-A

W(s)

W(s)

BPD(D)

idk what to make of all those stat distributions but im playing as millwall and being a fuckin dick about everything and we are tied for 1st in the league

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

eleven extra elephants posted:

Heading 19
Jumping Reach: 2

watta game :whitewater:

lol tbf i just filled out PA of like -8 and a CA of ~120ish and let it do everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
https://youtu.be/8FQgiILe6NE

So that happened