Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Telex posted:

okay since this apparently is NOT part of the steam sale for the first time in at least 4 years that I can remember, is there any place with an active discount on 2016?

I now mostly regret not using any of the previous discounts I suppose, but I figured it'd be $20 on the xmas sale like usual and I prefer to pick it up when the bugs are at least half ironed out.

Ye same, I usually get it just before xmas when they've released 1-2 patches, but this time it doesn't seem like it'll be on sale anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Ha! The game just got a 25% discount with the server tick.

JadaX fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 25, 2015

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
I haven't used OIs in fm16 so far, just seems terrible to actually make a tactic where I've tweaked each position to act a certain way, and then use OIs to overrule them.

I used OIs a lot in fm15 though, shutting down opposition wingers/amcs seemed kind of op.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

THE PWNER posted:

Aren't most of the "good" shared tactics just match engine exploits?

I tried one a few versions ago, called "diablo," and it was just a straight up exploit that made you win every game 10-0 regardless of how bad your squad was. People loved it.

I don't really agree with that - I always use the top fmbase tactics 1-2 months before the release of the new fm to try and get as many achievements as I can, and up till now, over 5+ FMs I've only ever used 1 tactic that was insta-win (I can't remember which FM it was, but those 3 striker formation tactics were amazing!)

On the other hand I can understand why some people would be against the 'ME exploit' tactics, but if used after you've had all the fun you can with the game it definitely adds a few more weeks worth of play-time.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
This might be the first FM in 6 years I don't end up getting.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
I mean it's FM, other than a few iterations, every year is more of the same - just a new coat of paint. People will still buy it because we are psychologically wired to play new versions of whatever in this age of Steam games. Also, this is the only good football manager game around.

I probably won't get it this year because the reveals so far have been completely underwhelming. I might have gotten it if I was still playing online with my clan (lol yep, we had a clan of 10 or so people every year from FM12-15), but now my timezone is different so I can't be bothered.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Pretty sure the same thing was said for the last 2 FMs. Then they came out, people played around with the ME and found out that it's basically the same thing, just more rng.

Also, I've looked at the training - it seems to be working on the whole "Let's make everything more unnecessarily complicated, will fool people into thinking that we actually added stuff this year".

That being said, FM18 was definitely just a new coat of paint on FM17, with some minor changes that for the most part were not good for the series. IF FM19 is infact a good improvement on FM18, then I might (just might) get it, but so far everywhere I've looked (basically only the FM fan-forums), everyone has said it's nothing good.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
FML was their online attempt btw. Not sure how many goons tried it, it released back in 2009, and was sort of semi-active.

I actually enjoyed it a lot, but the issues with it were too many and too hard to overcome, and they shut it down.

I wish my old laptop hadn't crashed with pics of it, and I never saved them to steam. I still remember running a 433 (all AMs), and running Aguero in the middle. Top of the league easy. Then sold him for 3x 5* potential youth to another guy in a different league. I stopped playing I think end of 2010(ish) as I went off for Winter break in uni. When I came back a large chunk of the population had left since SI wasn't able to bring in any new players for long, the game was shut down mid 2011 I believe.

They made some highly unpopular decisions, the major one being they actually reset servers like 1+ year into it, so those of us who had been paying the sub since the start felt rightly screwed over. This was their attempt to try and bring in new blood, but ofc it failed, and they also started to lose a lot of the old player-base. They also were super late to implementing basic things we wanted (e.g. youth academies, more things to use skills on, better scouting etc.)

JadaX fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 16, 2018

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Weedle posted:

How are they able to play it already? Is there a private beta in advance of the public one?

Tbh I assume it's just from the stuff SI has released. I do know there are quite a few people who actually already have the game running (people who scout players for SI, but don't work for SI etc.) There are a few of them on these forums.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Do we have an EPL fantasy league this year? If so can someone share the id.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Slightly off-topic, but anyone know if we have a fantasy league thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Do we not have a fantasy football league?