Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Real Madrid sold Pepe to United on the last day of the Jan transfer window, along with them selling Nacho 2 weeks earlier, leaving them with Ramos and Varane as their only two senior CBs...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Wasn't a problem for the 2 weeks of beta, it was a problem the day before the actual game released when we got the "real" version piped into our buttholes while they told us it was our tactics. What a bizarre testing process. Oh well I can play again now.

I'm convinced that they have absolutely no idea how the match engine actually works and each patch/release is them just tweaking random numbers to hope for the best.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

sassassin posted:

I've seen the new rating guidelines for the January update. Leicester players are going to be fully sick, but not as good as Liverpool who have their own special band that allows their stars to be amazing despite being poo poo irl.

Huh? What's with Liverpool?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
lol not too surprised. Did the same thing happen with Arsenal a few versions back? I remember everyone was always complaining about them.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Walcott gets a 5 weeks injury *Considers retiring due to injuries*

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
sassassin, does having +4 stars in all coaching categories make that much of a difference or am I just wasting my time trying to sort out the backroom staff?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Jfc. Just revert the engine to the one running in the beta.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
What's the exciting "new" feature going to be for FM17? Build your own stadiums where the stadium is rendered like a game made in 1997?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

XBenedict posted:

If anyone is still looking to get the game pretty cheap, it's currently part of a Sega Humble Bundle. Right now you can get it, and 9 other games for under $7.

It's only a coupon for 66% off.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
It's especially loving frustrating because the ME in the beta was actually pretty good.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Is it just me or did they do away with the line for offside replays? Can't remember seeing one for ages and even when they did have it, they never seem to show it for goals that were offside but still awarded.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Arsenal's medical team is another unrealistic part of the game.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Depay would've been rated by the PSV researcher. Vardy would be rated by the Leicester researcher.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
How do updated transfers work on an older version? Do you still start in 2014 (for FM15) but have the correct squads for today?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
If you're playing FM16, you can use Sortitoutsi's Custom Start Date with Real Fixtures and their updated database to start at the end of the 15/16 season. You'll get the correct league places (but not cup results).

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Just save scum before any contract or player interaction. Otherwise you'll pick some entirely reasonable sounding option but it's actually the in game equivalent of making GBS threads in their cereal.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Just play Leicester. You start with a solid team with a few stars and some money for transfers. Also you're not expected to do fantastically.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Waroduce posted:

I would be interested in what you guys run on fm16. I am currently running this

Change your WBs to FB-support and central defenders to CB-defend or even Limited CB-Defend if they have poor passing and mental stats.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I like how my wingers and full backs literally can't cross from the byline. Right footed players playing on the right side will run to the byline, do a 90 degree turn to face the center circle, try to pass it with their right foot, right into the defender tracking him who manages to boot it clear.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
So what do I do when I can get ridiculous amounts of possession but relatively few shots on target - more direct passing? Increase tempo?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
The use current team selection instruction when going on holiday doesn't actually work...

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Mandalay posted:

They appear to have announced the game with zero new features announced.

Maybe they spent all their time making the match engine work properly. :roflolmao:

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I would've preferred if they just rolled back to the FM16 beta engine and stuck the latest version number on that.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Probably still trying to work out how to implement the new one person kick offs.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Shroud posted:

Screen grabs from the new video for FM2017:

Click here

Edit: Chief Data Analyst staff position confirmed. God help us all.

lol what the gently caress is the point?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Slightly better list: https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/57bz8h/fm17_features_football_manager_2017/d8qnup6

but lol at them just now getting 64bit.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Cthulhumatic posted:

I was always under the impression that the numbers behind the engine are correct (you lost 1-0, likely on a player error), but the match engine can't make that look even somewhat realistic. So you get goalkeepers crushing the ball into their own net, backpasses that turn into screamers, etc.

It's because its something like the 3D match engine still can't accurately reflect what's going on in the actual ME.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Jose plays Rooney in a double pivot in FM17 and makes it work...

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I love hate how transparent the game is when it decides that it wants you to lose.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
That sounds like the most stupid waste of time as opposed to doing something like making sure the match engine works correctly, transfers behave more realistically or the AI actually being able to build and develop a team. Then again, it is SI...

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
How's the match engine this year?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
All you need now is a skin that makes it look even more like a spreadsheet.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Finding out that professional players play this game will always be the weirdest thing to me.

https://twitter.com/equipedefrance/status/1016062318873112577

https://youtu.be/8ySI_aMLLDY?t=2m36s
https://youtu.be/h9VG4oXz1VI?t=4m10s

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

algebra testes posted:

Can someone explain work permits to me.

Like when I sign a wonderkid it always says work permit failed but then they can still play every game in the league?

Is this soft brexit or a bug or can young players just play?

Most work permits will fail on the initial application for wonderkids however you can appeal the decision. Maybe you just missed the message that their appeals went through?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I like the new tactics screen and the phases, hopefully it's actually somewhat meaningful and not just lipstick on a pig. As for the new the tedious training screens and new skin :barf:

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Weedle posted:

The changes to tactical plans this year seem significant. Is that not a big deal?

The problem with FM is that changes are often cosmetic at best and a regression in terms of actual functionality at worse.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Any hilarious bugs with the game so far?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

sassassin posted:

The beta is out.

Protip number 1: Make a mentoring group called The Bin and put every senior player with a bad personality in it on day one. If they're particularly Influential isolate them in the reserves. Bad eggs in the squad will ruin promising young players.

Is there any point putting a more senior player in one of the mentoring groups or are they more likely to just drag the others down?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

sassassin posted:

Personalities work a lot like playing attributes in that once a player reaches 24/25 they're less likely to see much change, positive or negative (unless it's injury-related).

Is there any point mentoring with senior players that are only "fairly" [good trait]?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Is gegenpress still overpowered like in the beta?