Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
You could try one of GMG's standard coupon codes, they usually work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Anyone have a really good Lower League tactic to recommend? I've tried a few that seem promising, but they all seem to require False 9s or Complete Forwards, and my scouts can't even find a player who can play those positions (other than a handful of Premier League guys), let alone a good one. One tactic got me promoted out of the NL North, but it's not doing so hot in NL Premier.

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Feb 2, 2016

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

I think they've only ever shown it for disallowed goals that were called offside, and I think if you're not seeing those replays it's your settings, mate (replays aren't set to Goal Action).

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

So the World Cup can, as reported, be moved.

In my game Fifa apparently decided that, to avoid the summer heat in Qatar, to play the World Cup 2022 in Morocco.

That's... better, I guess?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

There is currently no AFC Parmo, no.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

This is probably a :thejoke:, but you guys might check the date of that article before getting angry.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

It'll still be Top 10 Steam Played Games all year round, though.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, by and large the goals after winning relegation in any league lower than the Premier League, unless you're a skilled player, should be:

Season 1: Survive, aim for mid-table
Season 2: Challenge for Promotion

Premier League is more like:

Season 1: Survive at all costs.
Season 2: Mid-table
Season 3: European challenge.
Season 4: Title

If you're really good you can cut steps out, obviously. But unless you know exactly what you're doing successive promotions can be dangerous: there isn't much difference between the lowest levels of the playable England pyramid, so it's entirely possible to do that. But then some of your players won't be good enough by several levels rather than just one.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Ferrosol posted:

Now my maths isn't exactly great but I see a slight problem here....

It's 2,400 total, 400 of which will be away fans.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Is your Brexit the "17 foreign players" version? In that case I don't think Work Permits matter.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

It should be influenced by things like, say, if the US won a World Cup, or even made the finals, they should get a boost to their youth recruitment permanently to represent increased interest in the sport at a grassroots level. Clubs should then be more willing to invest in their academies to harness the improved talent.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

My finest achievement in FM18 was getting Mourinho fired from Manchester United...

and then this year in the real world it turns out he was poo poo all along and is almost certainly going to be fired for real.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

I'm no lawyer but I remember hearing back when Bethesda and Mojang had their slapfight over the Scrolls game, that trademark law is hosed and if you don't vigorously defend your trademark against even the slightest threat it can and will be used against you in later lawsuits.

The fact that it took 28 years for ManUtd to have any issues, all the way back into the Championship Manager days, and that since they've received free copies and used the database for scouting in the past, they can't possibly claim they were ignorant of the fact, means that unless UK trademark law is radically different from the US, that SI and Sega might have a very strong case.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Modrasone posted:

Not touched this game in 8(?) years. God help me I'm going back in.

Honestly to celebrate that the forums appear to have been saved from death in spite of themselves, we should do another Parmos run.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Alternatively you could probably more likely have 7 3 3 1 where the team that drew everyone gets through on goal differential because the team that won the group smashed the other teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

When you say 'bottom of the Pyramid' isn't the real Pyramid something like 22 levels?