Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
So, uh, how far into the red can you go, and/or how long for, until it becomes a problem? I've stayed well within my transfer/wage budget, and the board haven't warned about anything, but it'd be handy to know whether I need to start offloading players or praying for a moneymaking cup run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
If I let my u18/u23 managers take care of individuals’ training, and set those teams to play with first team tactics, will players get retrained so they’re optimised for the role they need to play, or is that something that’s only set manually? It’d be annoying to spend the time bringing academy players through if I have to retrain them if I want to get the best out of them in the system I want to play

Like, if my first team always plays with a pressing forward as a lone striker, I’d expect every striker to come through the academy to be groomed to have at least some competency in that role.

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 26, 2020

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Moktaro posted:

This is some shameful Newport County erasure and I for one will not stand for it.

Chuck in Merthyr too and you’ve got all the welsh teams playing in the English system. Could always boot TNS the other way for parity.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
I remember a guy a followed on Twitter finally winning the champions league with his bottom-of-the-pyramid local team the night before he got married, which seems like a fitting end to your FM playing career…

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Do players keep their chemistry/partnership/whatever it’s called if they switch clubs?

I’m about to switch clubs at the end of a season, and was wondering whether it’s worth trying to pick up my two decent out-of-contract CBs if they keep their existing chemistry.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
I’m still plugging away on FM20, and I’m never that arsed about having an updated player database, but I am a sucker for shiny new features. Is it worth me making the jump to the new game yet, do you reckon?

I’ve been playing for 25 years at this point but have only bought about five different games. Dunno if that’s weird or about normal :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

sebzilla posted:

e: also lmao Diego Simeone got sacked from Man City three days after winning them their first Champions League (beating Real Madrid 4-1 in the final) presumably because of their 6th place finish in the league.

Managerial sackings (and suitable replacements being appointed) is something they’ve never really been able to crack for some reason. They’re always a bit weird and take me out of the game, to the point where I sometimes resort to using the in game editor to correct something egregiously dumb

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 28, 2023