Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
you can do some wonders with the new manager creation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

euroboy posted:

I'm guessing it makes it easier for SI to move the world cup in every game so they don't have the reschedule every league in the world for one season

apparently it's just a random chance to happen

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
I'm looking forward to the January update fixing nothing.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

The Big Taff Man posted:

You're such a cool insider.

Are crosses the way to play in this version? Playing a pass around game with a couple of mates, and it seems every goal I scored in my stint was from a cross.

full backs crossing is a complete joke.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
must be our tactics.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

vyelkin posted:

Just had a player score 47 league goals (and 9 assists) in 37 appearances with an average rating of 8.13, yet somehow not win Player of the Year which went to a different one of my players who averaged 7.71 with 10 goals and 21 assists. The new league record goalscorer (old record was 38) didn't even make the top 3. Second highest goalscorer in the league had 32.

Was the player of the year a fullback?

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
here's to hoping 18 has formations that aren't extremely narrow and maybe fixes fullbacks.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
football manager will never make serious improvements until miles fucks off.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
can't wait to still be posting itt when it's 2026

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Team cohesion seems insanely important to me so far. I started a practice game taking over Rangers since their manager spot is open and I'm eating poo poo in the SPL with a giant payroll because (I think) half the team is new. It obviously could be my tactics and all that but that cohesion bar in the Dynamics menu buried far into the red seems like a bad thing.

I did my entire pre-season on team cohesion and never rotated and didn't lose until I got 2 or 3 injuries in november.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Did your meter move at all? Mine didn't even after spending a few weeks on cohesion on High in training.

I could only get it up to good.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Wirth1000 posted:

There is definitely a hidden gay stat.

So people in the beta how does the dynamics tab/system work so far? Is it just another layer to be ignored or does it seem pretty neat?

it's unclear atm, it will probably either be the most important or least important thing.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

I'm not far enough along to tell but it has made me feel obliged to bring in people from the same country or language so that they can be friends with someone instead of just hoovering up the best people from wherever. I dont know what impact this has but otherwise you do get notices that your team has too many people not blending in and whatnot.

I've also gone along with more playing time for influential people when they ask for it, even if they aren't the best option just to avoid a poo poo storm. It is at least nice to have a heads up that this will likely happen as opposed to previous versions.

it does seem to add a dimension to squad building which was a little bit too easy in previous versions, it's nice how players are smart enough to know when you're trying to replace them.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Julio Cruz posted:

what if Crouch, but good

crouch is good, i'll fight you

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
if you want to distract yourselves from how bad the match engine is you can download the 03/04 database and remember when boro were really, really good.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Masonity posted:

That sounds fun. Where is it? It'd be great to play as an Arsenal side that doesn't suck again!

it's on the steam workshop, you just hit subscribe and follow the instructions.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Demon Of The Fall posted:

So I recently purchased FM 2019 mobile to play on my ipad, and I'm having a blast with RB Leipzig. Got them to second in the Bundisliga and EURO cup winners in my first season. Now all my good players want to leave for bigger clubs. I haven't really played since FM 09, there's no way to stop that is there? Any other fun teams to recommend a new game?

wolves are very cool and good in 19.

you can make it easier to stop the big clubs nicking all your good players by building up a good relationship with them and just waiting out them being angry once or twice.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
It was 01 02

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
i'm currently on a 14 game winning streak as the manager of hartlepool and Luke James has 14 goals in 16 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
all good things have to come to an end.