Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarsMattel
May 25, 2001

God, I've heard about those cults Ted. People dressing up in black and saying Our Lord's going to come back and save us all.
I was having quite a lot of fun with the beta, since the release candidate its been poo poo. Fed up losing the same goals over and over. Now I remember why I always used to wait until after January to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarsMattel
May 25, 2001

God, I've heard about those cults Ted. People dressing up in black and saying Our Lord's going to come back and save us all.
Yep, the beta version was great. Even if I got beat it felt fair, and like I had some control over it. Now its the opposite :/ Playing a game where I started unemployed was 6 games off the end of the my 2nd full season and in the CL spot, then the RC came out, I think we ended up about 6th. No wins in the last 6 games, definitely my tactics.

MarsMattel
May 25, 2001

I've persevered with 16 because I'm enjoying the changes and I got attached to all my Youth Team produced youngsters. I'm playing as Toulouse, I don't know if they have some amazing academy or something but there's a ridiculous amount of top notch youngsters coming through, I've sold one to Chelsea after he started acting the oval office, and have been knocking back bids from Real, Barca et al for others that haven't even started a game for me. So I was enjoying the game except for the match engine changes from Beta to Release.

I hit rock bottom with the ME after having a match where I had 65-70% possession, 2 shots on goal (both off target) and lost 1 nil, 2 games in a row. Decided to do something completely different and changed to 3-1-4-2 and changed a lot of team instructions for the last half a dozen games of the season. That included beating the 1st place team and PSG 4-2 in those last games so I thought I was on to something. Finished 10th last season after that (League 1 is tight so it could have been about 14th easily) & predicted to finish 5th this season. In the new season I've played about 15 games with 0 defeats & 2 draws, the last game I played last night was beating PSG away 3-2 after being 2-0 down. Most common result is probably 3-2, I have somehow unwittingly become Kevin Keegan and its glorious.

Edit: one new thing, I think its new anyway, is being able to protest your board selling players. E.g. Liverpool came in with 22m for my captain and the board accepted, then I protested and they backed down. And speaking of Liverpool they're somehow 20th in the prem after about 12 games and have just hired the Stoke manager so that could get interesting...

MarsMattel fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Nov 24, 2015