Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
So, update on the APL mod. I was running into all kinds of frustration regarding adding continental competiions. Turns out that MLS has to be the US Top Division (with 24+ teams) and the Canadian Premier League has to be viable (8 teams), or CONCACAF competition just won't show up in game. Took some figuring out where the bug in FM/The editor was.

But, I think I have it licked, and the full mod should be out next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

Mrenda posted:

Yeah, messing with continental competitions is a pain in the rear end in the editor. As is trying to run competitions across countries. I wouldn't be surprised if SI keep the real deep editing stuff if not hidden then definitely obfuscated because of how complex continental competitions are, and to be more conspiracy minded because the continental cups are more likely to scream at them if someone goes loving around with their leagues (looking at you UEFA!)

Add to the frustration that the game is apparently hardcoded to call it Major League Soccer even if you change the name in the editor. Since I need the division to have continental stuff... well, it's kludgey, it works, but why do I put myself through this poo poo again?

Oh yeah, so others don't pop a blood vessel when trying to follow all of MLS's crazy rules. (funny thing is, despite making a pro/rel pyramid, I recently got in to it with a bunch of "No Promotion/Relegation means USA Soccer is a joke rabblerabblerabblerabble". Someone even went so far as to call me an abuse victim/Stockholm Syndrom because I realized that as long as MLS can charge a couple hundred million for expansion teams, they're not going to want to do something that will make all their franchises drop in value 75% if they have a few bad seasons.

BTW, if you want to try it out: https://sortitoutsi.net/content/63885/american-premier-league-beta-release

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

Dallan Invictus posted:

One thing this might be is that if you change the name of a competition in the editor, but you're using something like the Real Name fixes with the LNC files, those will override your new name the first time it generates a save - but when you load the save it'll have your edited name again. I've gotten used to that since I haven't played the game without my Worldwide Champions League mod in nearly a decade, so in my first session of a save it's always the FIFA Club World Cup instead.

Thanks. This is what it turned out to be.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
All centre (refs) are Dumb.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Yeah, my "MLS that doesn't suck" mod is kludgey as hell. I just went a clean American League, but I had to do so many kludges (you had to choose Canada's start date because USA didn't show up without messing with Advanced rules, etcetera)