Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Moving to the 22 beta from 19, I am emphatically not a fan of this tactics screen. I'll get used to it eventually I guess, but it's a definite downgrade.

wtf is the significance of all these gestures in team talks, meetings etc? Can I just ignore them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Okay, good! :-)

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Am I missing something, or is there no way to bring up the dugout during highlights? I'm fed up of some observation by my AM flashing up for a nanosecond and it being ten minutes more game time before I can read it and respond

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

sassassin posted:

The tiny little tablet button?

Nah, that only brings up the tablet side of the screen, unfortunately.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Why in the world would you ever want to listen to anything the rear end Man says, that sounds like a feature to me

Fair point.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

He'd better make the most of that fine head of hair, it won't be with him long.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Had a bunch of clubs swoop in offering those stupid loving loan deals that have a future option to make the deal permanent. I deleted those clauses and made them non-negotiable, and they still accepted, but I just noticed after waving my last player off that there's a still a '20% of next sale clause' in there. Have I just hosed it and given away three of my best young prospects for free? Does deleting the future fee clause not convert it to just a standard loan?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

My biggest issue with the match engine is lone strikers seemingly being unable to ever score still. We're scoring plenty from elsewhere but one of mine hasn't scored for 14 hours, the other for 18. (Yet Ronaldo is banging in a hat trick every week for Man U, somehow.) I wouldn't really care but for the press constantly demanding to know why I don't drop them.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

sassassin posted:

Post your tictac.

A standard 4-1-2-2-1 wide gegenpress and a 4-2-3-1 with an AMC. Nowt fancy or involved.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Bought and installed FM24 but haven't tried it yet because I'm having too much fun with an FM22 save I resurrected. (I know I could port it to 24 but I'd rather go in fresh.) Just got to the end of a season and am too intrigued to find out how my new signings pan out to abandon it yet.

kingturnip posted:

My Chief Scout recommends an overpriced, poo poo-tier centre-back because he can "help with the lack of quality at centre-back".
We've got 6 centre-backs who are better. Good job, moron.

I cannot figure out how player grades really work. I'm looking at a couple of 'last resort' teenage players who have the potential to be good players in the league above ours. Doesn't seem to make sense? I can only assume it's something to do with data analytics, because their ability scores and traits seem fine.

Pipski fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Oct 28, 2023

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

e; nm, figured it out

Okay, new question: decided I want to try out K-League 2 as my first assignment in FM24. Does anyone know whether it simulates the irl limitations for military teams when it comes to signing players? Gimcheon Sangyu is available to select, but according to Wikipedia their player base is entirely drafted from players while they're underoing compulsory military service, after which they return to their originating clubs. Is that modelled in FM?

Pipski fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Nov 1, 2023

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

lol, this loving game: top of the league after 40 games in our first season, with (club record) 100 points and a GD of +74, having also broken the competition record for goals scored in the Trophy, and here comes a player mutiny because our star winger, who's leaving at the end of the season anyway, thinks we need "more quality up front". I sign a new winger and a loan striker, the best available to us, as doing anything but promise that causes a shitstorm, but that's still not enough to satisfy the little pricks. Absolutely infuriating.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

It helps if you imagine that all that bullshit is just the player's way of agitating to be sold, as his agent's behest

The same player, having decided he wanted to 'explore his optioms' at the end of hia contract, in two weeks, and repeatedly refusing to even consider re-signing with us, then demanded a meeting to say he wanted to be sold. I promised him I'd sell him at the end of the next season, he was happy with that, said he owed the club and would gladly stay, but still won't even consider entering into contract negotiations. :v:

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Vegetable posted:

In my game I was invited at the start of the season for my team to be filmed for a documentary. I said ok, then at the end of the season it just said that the documentary was a success. That’s it.

Any sign you got any money for it - like, increased TV revenues for the season - or a club reputation boost at least? That seems like it would be easy enough to implement. Seems pointless otherwise, like you say. (Which club was this at, out of interest?) I'd imagine your players 'media handling' attribute would determine how successful it was, but who tf knows.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Talking of Scandinavia, some 27 year old has been hired to manage a 4th division Icelandic team base on his FM resume. https://www.sportbible.com/football/gaming/football-manager-gaming-iceland-football-262214-20240211 Claims he's spent 12% of his entire life playing FM.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Contract negotiations are so dumb. The board and fans both have an A+ opinion of me, as we're headed for our 3rd successive promotion, the next-lowest paid manager in the league is on twice as much as me, I have six months left on my contract and the club is making mad bank, but they won't offer any more than a 20℅ pay rise or less than a 2 year deal. If I try to bump them up even £100 / month they flip their lids. Yet you know that as soon as they need to hire a replacemeny, they'll offer them stupid money. I'm on less than the U21 coach they just hired. Guess I just see out the season and see what they offer once my current contract lapses.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

That's annoying. What if I leave and apply for the position as soon as it falls vacant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

I haven't actually tried in years, but when I did back in FM18 or whatever it spit out a "We are not currently interested in interviewing you for the manager role since you just recently vacated it" message.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Oh well, guess it's probably time to move clubs. Getting fed up of seeing this chairman's face anyway.