Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010

ETB posted:

Grimmobile!

And Hank's body count went up at least double tonight.

Too bad Adaline wasn't standing behind it when he flipped those switches.

Also as soon as they left Truble alone in the hospital I yelled out "Noo! Keep someone there to watch out for evil people!" Since its such a common thing in other shows.

Also, so the evil Wessen clan has a secret nurse in every hospital world-wide waiting for sick Grimm to show up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I know it won't happen, but I desperately hope Meisner is gonna be a new love interest for Adalind so there won't be anymore of this whole "Nick falling for his rapist who systematically destroyed every aspect of his life".

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
5x06 – “Wesen Nacht”
Trubel comes clean about here whereabouts. Plus, Nick and Hank investigate Wesen gang violence.

hangedman1984 posted:

I know it won't happen, but I desperately hope Meisner is gonna be a new love interest for Adalind so there won't be anymore of this whole "Nick falling for his rapist who systematically destroyed every aspect of his life".

Please show, do this. I will say that having Trubel convalescing in Nick's secret hideout does help break up the hideous atmosphere of domestic life which was starting to happen.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
oh god, no......Adalind's stammering like a highschool girl over the idea of being in love with Nick. I'm gonna throw up.

HAHAHA a blobfish Wesen!

I KNEW JULIETTE WAS ALIVE I KNEW IT HOLY gently caress

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 12, 2015

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, who didn't see that coming?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Ha ha ha now that's pretty good. I guess this might explain why Bitsie Tulloch :airquote: left the show on such good terms. They were pulling a Starbuck on us.

Okay, I think I think I like where this season is going now, which I admit, was not something I had expected I'd be saying.

Interesting thing from this article linked on page 1:

quote:

“I will tell you this,” Giuntoli says. “David Giuntoli has not seen Juliette in a very long time. If the writers have something up their sleeve, I don’t know about it. We are 11 episodes in and Juliette has not reappeared. Listen, they like to keep balls in the air. That could be one way to keep the fans guessing.”

Note that the response was very carefully worded. "David Giuntoli has not seen Juliette in a very long time. If the writers have something up their sleeve, I don’t know about it. We are 11 episodes in and Juliette has not reappeared." I noticed that it was carefully worded at the time, but I didn't think much of it.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 12, 2015

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Looking badass!

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
"Hadrian's Wall" was built by the Romans to "keep out the barbarian invaders", which makes it an appropriate name for the group fighting the Wesen uprising.

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/59...&utm_medium=tvi

quote:

Strange as it seems, will a romance of some sort blossom between Adalind and Nick?
That’s definitely where they’re headed! The romantic relationship between the two of them is going to become kind of like fits and starts.

Argh no no no no no

☆❤♡

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 14, 2015

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Astrofig posted:

Solid black. They look solid coal black, with a reflection in them of the wesen's woged state. They actually used that tonight, a wesen nurse got Trubel to open her eyes and then woged to check whether or not she was a Grimm.

That was actually a really cool effect.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Weird, the season is slowly getting... better?

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Don't jinx it.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I'm really hoping that Juliette being back will mean an end to this whole "happily ever after with my rapist" direction the show appeared to be taking.

hangedman1984 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 17, 2015

CaptainQuirk
May 9, 2009

hangedman1984 posted:

I'm really hoping that Juliette being back will mean an end to this whole "happily ever after with my rapist" direction the show appeared to be taking.

It's going to turn into harem-anime show where Nick is living with all the women in the same house

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

CaptainQuirk posted:

It's going to turn into harem-anime show where Nick is living with all the women in the same house

"Come and knock on our door,
We've been waiting for you,
Where the kisses are hers and hers and his,
Three's company too."

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Argh no no no no no
She should end up with Meisner and disappear to Europe forever.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Yes, the woman who showed up in the final moments of last week’s Grimm‘s looks like the believed-dead Juliette. She sounds like Juliette. And she knows everything Juliette knew. But series star Bitsie Tulloch wants this, if nothing else, to be crystal clear:
“Juliette’s flesh and blood, her DNA, is still alive,” the actress says. “But this is not Juliette.”

Welp

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
feed her Kelly's blood

Make her be normal and this show be good again

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Yeah, I saw that too. I think that there is some wiggle room in there to go back. The idea that Eve has all of Juliette's memories, but none of the emotional connections is strange. I find it hard to believe that Nick wouldn't at least try to draw the old Juliette out of Eve. It does seem to make it more unlikely that he would try to have a relationship with Adalind with Juliette up and around.

On the other hand, it could be said that the old Juliette died well before being hit with those arrows.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Watching episode 4, and I can't express how much I don't want to see wacky domestic hi-jinx between Adelind and Nick. Seriously, this is the worst executed running plotline on a show with a history of terrible running plotlines.

madrugan
Jun 11, 2009
I'm getting fundamentally disgruntled at how stagnated Nick's progression as 'Badass Grimm' has become.

Truble is more badass. Ex-Fiance is more badass. Captain is more badass.

Nick himself has flatlined pretty hard, and the special Grimm DNA/Skills don't seem all that fearsome when compared to others in the overall managerie anymore.

We need a return to the fear of the Grimm, and we need it pretty hard. Overall the reputation and legend is unravelling.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Yeah, sounds terrible but I kinda want to see him accidently go completely overboard during his next wesen fight. Like, gore everywhere, bodies bent ways bodies are not meant to bend, that kind of thing. And when it's over he kind of shakes himself and then looks around in horror like, 'did I do all that?!?'

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It's entirely possible they encouraged tall tales about their abilities for the purpose of intimidation and safety.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/69207/grimm-bitsie-tulloch-on-her-new-identity-and-how-she-kept-it-a-secret/

quote:

So she was kidnapped and broken into submission. And it was exactly what Juliette needed

I...I..I don't know if I can keep watching this show

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

"What’s funny is that I’m seeing on social media that the audience is increasingly OK with Nick and Adalind being together, but I think the baby has a lot to do with it. They’re like, “If they share a child they should be together—for the baby’s sake. Do what’s best for the baby!” And that proves what I’ve always known: We have very sweet fans."

Jesus christ these people are just as insane as the characters they portray.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
5x07 – “Eve of Destruction”
Nick seeks answers about Juliette's shocking return. Plus Rosalee and Monroe alert the Wesen Council about the rising violence in Portland.

New episode tonight.

There Bias Two posted:

"What’s funny is that I’m seeing on social media that the audience is increasingly OK with Nick and Adalind being together, but I think the baby has a lot to do with it. They’re like, “If they share a child they should be together—for the baby’s sake. Do what’s best for the baby!” And that proves what I’ve always known: We have very sweet fans."

Jesus christ these people are just as insane as the characters they portray.

Part of it is probably that some people didn't see it as a rape because Nick believed he was having consensual sex with his girlfriend, and the show has not been big on pointing out that it was indeed rape.

But for me, even if you were somehow able to ignore the RAPE, the fallout of which pretty much led directly to Juliette's death, Adalind has become such a tumor on the show, with plotlines revolving around her actions swallowing up literally entire seasons. That alone is too much to stand.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 30, 2016

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Everything about Adalind has been handled in an incredibly stupid, tone-deaf way.

Apparently all the bad feelings caused by trying to kill you, ruining your life, raping you, and killing your girlfriend of 6+ years can be magically loving cured by having your RAPE-baby.

They kissed, I'm out. Not even gonna finish watching the episode.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
.......Welp, I'm done. So long Grimm. Not playing that poo poo.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I enjoyed the real story arc between wolf and fox as they realize that the safety net of the vessen has been cut and they are on their own.

pity I had to fast forward through the other scenes to get there. :(

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Yep, I'm out. See ya'll if Monroe and Rosalee ever get a spinoff

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Well at least they admitted it was a bad thing to do. I'm going with the theory that Nick has suffered a lot of trauma very recently and Adalind basically uses her feminine wiles as a survival mechanism so being unpowered and a mother has kicked it all up a gear. I hope. I pray.
Anyway Monroe and Rosalee continue to rock my world

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Thinking about it, is Meisner the only one she has not tried her wiles on? I remember she was under his protection, certainly, but it was pretty platonic?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Juliette's actress exists in an uncanny valley where I don't know whether to find her extremely pretty or an alien lifeform. That wig somehow makes this paradox worse.

Come to think of it Adalind looks bizarre too...

I'm trying to think about something other than the writing/storyline of this show and how it is absolutely idiotic.

The first season had a bit of craft to it and though it was always hokey, I loved the lore and myth stuff and seeing what lovely 3d creature they'd come out with. And I mean I like that everyone works together but way too many scenes of characters talking to one another and filling each other in about poo poo we just got done seeing. They need to go out and do poo poo together.

It's a show about how some humans are actually animals or monsters as a premise, and they spend half of every episode talking back and forth on the loving phone. They have these conversations but nobody actually knows or reveals poo poo mainly because the writers haven't even figured out where they are going with it, which is why the show lost its way so badly. Nicks favorite catchphrase is "I'm on my way" or "I'll get to the bottom of this" at the police station.

The show can't balance the characters anymore. Monroe is boring and domesticated and has nothing to do except be imposed on. Trouble is a good character with nothing to do. Remember when the Captain was an interesting enigma instead of a nobody? But the character who has been completely destroyed is Hank. Hank like every episode tries to be the voice of reason and tells a completely out of his mind Nick that as an officer sworn to uphold the law he can't go off on his own and do poo poo like threaten an FBI agent. But then like he just shrugs and is like oh well. What exactly is the point of someone who essentially reminds the audience that the protagonist is a dumbass who cares more about pursuing his personal affairs than his job and then never does anything about it? God if cops were as laid back as Hank nobody would ever be arrested.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

pasaluki posted:

Hank like every episode tries to be the voice of reason and tells a completely out of his mind Nick that as an officer sworn to uphold the law he can't go off on his own and do poo poo like threaten an FBI agent. But then like he just shrugs and is like oh well. What exactly is the point of someone who essentially reminds the audience that the protagonist is a dumbass who cares more about pursuing his personal affairs than his job and then never does anything about it? God if cops were as laid back as Hank nobody would ever be arrested.

Well he's pretty psychologically compromised by all this. It kinda makes sense that he might've thrown most of his morals and agency out the window in an effort to remain sane. I think Wu is by far the more pointless character because all he does is serve to echo Hank's sentiments. The whole police procedural aspect of the show is ridiculous at this point because Wesen have been shown to be really, really active and really, really common in the regular human world. It makes no sense that they're somehow this secret society. "Oh hey, that's the 50th ripped out throat/clawed up body we've gotten this year. Must be another serial killer with the same MO." Maybe there are just a lot more bear attacks in Portland than I realize?

newts
Oct 10, 2012
Nice thread title.

Obviously, the writing on this show is atrocious. I don't even need to mention the most obvious issues, including the rape romance crap. The thing I remember most was in the zombie episode or something. We see zombie Nick destroy a bar and beat the poo poo out of a bunch of people. Then Renard comes in and steals the security tapes. Great, so he covers for him - that's important for viewrs to know, I guess. But then we also have to see Renard watch the tape. So we watch Renard watch the tape of Nick beating the poo poo out of a bunch of dudes in the bar. Which we just saw. Great use of 10 minutes, show.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

newts posted:

The thing I remember most was in the zombie episode or something. We see zombie Nick... we watch Renard watch the tape of Nick beating the poo poo out of a bunch of dudes in the bar. Which we just saw. Great use of 10 minutes, show.
Hey, but that all paid off because the whole Zombie-Mode thing became a very important situation that the characters had to handle, resolve, and deal with the implications of. It's not like they just spent a couple episodes building it up to be a massive game-changing problem, only to then suddenly stop mentioning it, without even a little bit of of resolution or further ramifications of any kind. Right?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
I have no idea why I still watch this.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
It's amazing how much better the show is when Adalind isn't in it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Tonight's episode was a real throwback to the early seasons. It was almost... well structured!
The one otter brother's slide from being okay with accidentally killing a guy to wanting his brother dead seemed a little abrupt, but I like how he got hoisted on his own petard at the end.

As usual the "Eve" bullshit is unbearable. Maybe the writers think if they repeat that eve is a different character from Juliet that the audience will actually believe it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What did they charge the other brother with, though? He was being led away in handcuffs but it doesn't seem like any deaths could be linked to him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Applewhite posted:

Tonight's episode was a real throwback to the early seasons. It was almost... well structured!
The one otter brother's slide from being okay with accidentally killing a guy to wanting his brother dead seemed a little abrupt, but I like how he got hoisted on his own petard at the end.

As usual the "Eve" bullshit is unbearable. Maybe the writers think if they repeat that eve is a different character from Juliet that the audience will actually believe it.

Yeah Nick should have been like "I don't know who 'Eve' is but Juliet is under arrest for attempted murder, arson, and [insert crimes here]."

Instead Nick is just like "welp shucks she's callin herself Eve now"

Best part of episode is Monroe's incredulous expression at hearing this. Since he's been rendered inert as a character, the best Monroe scenes are his actor reacting to whatever nonsensical plot points are being thrown at him.

• Locked thread