Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I just find it super weird and creepy that the whole 'I impersonated your longtime girlfriend to gently caress you and end up having your baby' is just considered a cool and good normal thing. And Nick is just like, 'Yeah, I'm kind of in to you now that the woman I loved for like 10 years just was suddenly violently murdered along with my mom yesterday. We can live happily ever after now as a new family.' Also the weird thing that Adalind is now super cool with all of them now and she's suddenly not the person who hosed everything up for since literally the first episode of the series.

I've been out in the world and talked to others who like this show. They don't give even half of a poo poo about this. They think Adalind is misunderstood and think this abomination of a relationship is 'cute'. When I explain the situation in hypotheticals with the gender roles flipped, it's suddenly not ok and the man should be in prison for the rest of his life.

I'm teetering on the edge of just leaving this show to rot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

LivesInGrey posted:

http://parade.com/433104/paulettecohn/david-giuntoil-shares-spoilers-from-season-5-of-grimm/ This article (has some S5 spoilers) gives me no hope for the season. None. Whatsoever. Admitting that it's essentially a reboot makes me wonder what writers they fired, though, to continue this trainwreck.

The first time Nick and Adalind get romantic is the time I turn the show off and run.

Article posted:

'But first, Nick has to deal with the fact that he is a new dad. Adalind (Claire Coffee), who, back when she was a Hexenbiest became pregnant when she morphed into looking like Juliette, is about to have his baby.

“The new baby is in tremendous danger,” Giuntoli says. “Nick, basically, wants to take it into a bunker with him and Adalind. And you will see that maybe we do. I want to get out of the house. My priority is I want to keep this baby safe. And the best way to do that is to pack up and leave. Get the hell out of Dodge.”

That said, fatherhood is mellowing out Nick when it comes to Adalind. Previously, they were enemies, now they have a common cause: Keeping the baby safe.

“I think they are genetically predisposed about wanting to care for this child,” Giuntoli says. “It is a biological impulse to want to take care of your baby. I will stop at nothing to protect my child and she has that same impulse.”

So now that Juliette is dead, and Adalind is no longer a Hexenbiest, could there be a new romance in store for our Grimm?

“There are bigger fish to fry than me getting along with Adalind,” Giuntoli says. But then he adds, “Maybe a romance will start budding. It is very bizarre. It is a Stockholm Syndrome romance.”

Of course, with no body to bury, fans of the supernatural series are wondering if Juliette is really dead, or if she could somehow have survived being shot by Trubel and nursed back to health.

“I will tell you this,” Giuntoli says. “David Giuntoli has not seen Juliette in a very long time. If the writers have something up their sleeve, I don’t know about it. We are 11 episodes in and Juliette has not reappeared. Listen, they like to keep balls in the air. That could be one way to keep the fans guessing.”

:stonk:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

hookerbot 5000 posted:

Not to be a rapist cheerleader or anything but they had just stolen her baby and she was told that it was the only way to get her back. People do funny things when their kids are kidnapped by shady royal families that are also possibly monster dogs.

See her motivation for doing all that I understand. It's the fact that the entire situation is now ok with everyone involved that makes me all :psyduck:. Adalind is responsible for Juliette becoming a Hexenbiest as well. So she raped Nick, killed his girlfriend, and was involved in having his mom murdered. But this is somehow all cool.

• Locked thread