Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I have a wii with super metroid VC somewhere, can I play it using a gamecube controller? Cause otherwise I only have a wiimote.

I've beaten the Metroid 1, 2, and Fusion. Fusion was an awesome game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

frank.club posted:

You have to use a retro controller

Sounds like a stupid fail. How will I ever complete this game.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

In Training posted:

Fusion is fun to move around in but that game is not really fun to progress in, sadly.

what does this even mean

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

rediscover posted:

Okay, I'll break it down for you, 6 year old retard child. Fusion as good movement, it feels good to run and jump and roll around as a ball, traversing the worlds in the game is satisfying. It's not as fun listening to the computer talk to you for 15 minutes before your allowed to go to the next part of the game. I think thats what In Training meant. Class dismissed.

Uh yeah it is fun lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Ralp posted:

It's way more satisfying to gain access to new game areas because you can finally jump high enough or fit through the crack, rather than the game just saying "Samus, I now give you permission." It's the defining satisfaction of Metroid games. Stop trolling me!!!

Thats how it is. The prompts just tell you what sector to go to its so people don't have to look up a walktrhough nbd

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I started playing super metroid and I'm stuck at the bottom of a shaft with the guys i know i can freeze and jump off but i don't have the ice beam yet

the x is where I am, I've even gone over to Maridia and beaten the boss

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Ok thanks I made it past it I am really digging this game, I wonder how different my life would have ended up if we'd have got a SNES instead of Genesis back in the day

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Oops

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Not sure where to go after getting the x ray scope, i think i need the gravity suit but don't know where it is. I wish there was a way to fast travel

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmao where are you by? what bosses have ya killed

I beat the croco dude and I have the full map for Norfair but cant go into the part with the lava

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

i could never shine spark on metroid fusion but its easy as hell on super metroid, i wonder if my gameboy has broken controls or something

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Average Bear posted:

African AIDS cum.

?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

This game is great. They should just churn out a 2d metroid every year. Would be easy now with computers.

I have all the upgrades now i guess I'm almost done

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Metroid Maker

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Metroid Mega Man crossover. Could be sick

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I got a gba sp, zero mission and fusion for 25 bucks. I beat super metroid the other day so zero mission is next. I didn't really like metroid NES so have been putting off playing this but i hear its good

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

el jefe Ridley de las series Metroid, uno de mis villanos favoritos

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

I found my nes style gba sp and it still works but the screen is super washed out. I thought it was age damage or something but apparently the first round of SP's have lovely screens so maybe it's always been like this and I never noticed? I was looking forward to replaying Fusion.

Yeah its bad you need to get an AGS-101 model or GB micro, both have good backlit screens

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've never played Super Metroid. What's the best way to play it? Is it in the Nintendo shop on the Wii U?

I played it on a PSP

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

I wish they'd do a radical remake of Metroid II for 3DS. The game was very limited by the Game Boy and I think a whole lot more could be added to it. Kinda like what Zero Mission is to the original Metroid. I want to hunt dangerous Metroids on SR388 with Super Metroid-style gameplay and depth.

Some people colorized it at least

I had a hard time finding my way around due to the greyscale gfx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwQXglByhxo

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I just started Zero Mission, I've had the cart for a long time but never played it til today. Fusion was my first ever Metroid game but I've beaten the NES one and Super metroid now too. If I had played the NES one first I maybe wouldn't have tried any others

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I have metroid prime series up next and already have the first one for gamecube. But ill be playing it on wii. they made wii versions of these too right? Whats the difference and whats th best version to play?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hmm i personally hate the motion controls in everything ive tried. i think I'll stick to the gamecube ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Man the energy tanks that require shinesparking are driving me crazy

• Locked thread