Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

please get a controller to play super metroid on, it's so much better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

it's a must to have a good controller for retro games. please get the 8bitdo controllers, they are extremely good and easy to use.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

if you have a wii you should buy it on the store and play it with a Nintendo Classic Controller or a Wii U Pro Controller if you have a Wii U

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

i think any pad is better than a kb for this kind of game but beyond that its really dumb to argue over specific controllers. i mean i dont think the OP is doing crazy poo poo like mockballs anyway

word.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I've been looking for a PC controller forever, because the Xbox d pad is rank rear end. I'm going to buy one of these

I'm happy for you, enjoy. I hope I can get the dual analog stick one soon. I'd also like to add that getting a SNES usb converter is extremely win if you have a SNES controller. I got one from this dude and it rules, he also got other usb converters available: http://www.raphnet-tech.com/

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

smh if you dont know the layout of every major controller by heart and get confused by prompts different than your controller

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

SM64Guy posted:

the xbox one and ps4 both have a black background with a blue x rear end in a top hat

xbox X is square is nintendo y

ps X is xbox A is nintendo b

nintendo X is xbox Y is triangle

apply yourself and all games will kneel before you. namaste

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

metroid prime 2 was cool but getting so damaged in the dark world didn't allow me to explore it properly for the first half of the game at least, and I like taking my time to explore and enjoy the surroundings in the Metroid Prime series

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

the thermal vision scene in mp1 was the first time my dad looked at a game i was playing and said "woah thats cool as gently caress, did i buy you this game?"

did he?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

a friend lent it to me, but he liked watching me play it so much he bought me 2 for christmas ;)

awesome

Bobnumerotres posted:

he still refers to it as "el juego con las chochas que vuelan" (the game with the flying pussies, in reference to metroids)

your dad rules lmao

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i've never thought a metroid looks anything like a pussy, but now that you mention it, hell, i'd gently caress it

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

metroid prime music, and especially the first's menu music, is my go to chill playlist

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

is that a 1% discount on Axiom Verge?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Ok thanks I made it past it I am really digging this game, I wonder how different my life would have ended up if we'd have got a SNES instead of Genesis back in the day

most definitely not living a life with an rear end in a top hat permanently full of African AIDS cum

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Metroid 1 owns

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I believe so, but if it's emulated it's a must to play with a good controller.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I wish they'd do a radical remake of Metroid II for 3DS. The game was very limited by the Game Boy and I think a whole lot more could be added to it. Kinda like what Zero Mission is to the original Metroid. I want to hunt dangerous Metroids on SR388 with Super Metroid-style gameplay and depth.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

what time line is smash brothers 64

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

that's it, im doing it. im downloading goddamn zero mission again

yay

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Metroid Other M's ultra hard mode...removes the game from existence

Adbot