Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what's wrong with the 360 controller for SM??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

starbarry clock posted:

the analog stick and dpad are in the wrong places im sure youve seen the extremely gay pictures of the hands holding a ds3 controller and a 360 controller showing how the thumb goes to the analog stick way better on the 360 than it does the ds3
well the opposite is true for the dpad which is more precise for 2d games

Yeah that makes sense, I got a 360 PC controller recently and really like it but the d-pad is insanely poo poo. I still have my DS3 thankfully

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Phantoon should be a Halloween Splatoon boss

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I played SotN for the first time a couple of years ago and I couldn't really get into it. I dunno, the controls felt clunky compared to SM I guess

I really need to play Zero Mission though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

MP3 gets unfairly shat on. It could do without a lot of the dumb talky/story bits and it's pretty linear but it has some really fun fights and set pieces

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dark Samus is such a good villain with such terrible boss fights. The, uh, second one in Prime 2 I think is really fun, that's it.

I don't even remember fighting her in 3, just that the final boss was a stupid tentacle or something.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

tfw some of your favorite games of all time were good by accident
ths happens more than you'd think and i'm okay with it. Limitations are often where good art comes from

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I should play Zero Mission.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I like Prime more than Super but I played Prime when it came out (and I was like 11 and it was mindblowing) and only played Super a few years ago, so that might be nostalgia. They're both very good games.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't know how to play Zero Mission but I want to. why doesn't the 3DS eshop have GBA games

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Kins posted:

same reason behind missingno. etc. in pokemon blue - there's no clear denotation of different "files" in old cartridge games, everything's typically one big hunk of data, and error checking might take up too much memory. glitching out the beam select basically makes it look at some random piece of data out in the middle of nowhere when it tries to figure out what that beam combination should do (charge + ice = spawn ice bolts. charge + wave = spawn wave bolts. charge + EVERYTHING = spawn Y#)ty#_v_q). that these glitch combos do something vaguely cool and not just hardlock the game is a wonderful bit of luck

:eng101:
how did any of these games ever work at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ralp posted:

Samus has been described as one since forever but it turns out the creator didn't even know what a bounty hunter was, until Retro wanted to add bounties and hunting thereof to Prime 3 and Nintendo wouldn't let them. evidently he just heard boba fett called that in star wars and thought it sounded cool :cripes:
thats insanely nintendo. I love it

• Locked thread