Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Isn't there a mod that changes the diagonal shots to the GBA games control style? It might also do autorun or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Benny D posted:

I can't believe i missed it. I crossed
The crumbling blocks and now I'm in some sort of underwater area

Hmmm. This must be the water zone, Maridia.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Thanks for reminding me that I still have to play Shovel Knight!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Portrait of Ruin is still very good despite the character portraits.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Controller will always be preferable, but for poorgamers it's entirely doable with keyboard.

I think people exaggerate Phantoon a bit, he's not really that hard even if you fall for his dirty super missile trick

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I think the only sequence breaking I ever do is the really basic stuff like getting stuff early via wall/bomb jumping, the other tricks are way beyond my skills.

poo poo, now I really want to play some Metroid. I think I'll start with Zero Mission.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The same sort of happened to me because I played the others first. It really shows that it was the first one of its kind since the whole rpg-ish part isn't really too fleshed out yet. I still powered through it because I loved the graphics and music (and the goofy sounds and voice of course) and it's still an amazing experience. If some mod rebalanced some of its flaws it could be basically a perfect game.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I think I entirely missed the spring ball until like my third playthrough.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The part when you get the plasma beam is so cool, with those tough pirates and egg thingies on your way that are just there so you can obliterate them with plasma on you way back.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Is that metroid 2 remake finally out?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

In Training posted:

I'm playing strider 2014 and it's another bad Metroidvania but a pretty fun action platformer. I wish it was just a series of levels instead of trying to pretend I care enough about the world full of the same 6 gray buildings to go back and explore areas with my new moves.

Are the boss battles good? Or fighting in general?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Now that I've seen more gameplay videos I get why you guys were slamming Axiom Verge. Everything I'd seen before was early game which looks kinda fun but it gets shittier as it goes on and the final bosses are just :wtc:

• Locked thread