Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Are those 8bitdo pads any good wrt build quality/buttons/d pad? The NES pro one looks sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Bolverkur posted:

it's a must to have a good controller for retro games. please get the 8bitdo controllers, they are extremely good and easy to use.

I've been looking for a PC controller forever, because the Xbox d pad is rank rear end. I'm going to buy one of these

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I'm tempted to pick up a lot of the castlevania GBA/DS games but I figured they'd be on sale during Halloween...whatever

You should definitely play Aria of Sorrow ASAP.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

I think people didn't really like it as much as other but I remember really loving Dawn of Sorrow. Sealing bosses is kind of a weak gimmick but it felt cool to like, banish demons with a flourish

I never played it but I really hated the change in art style. Keep Castlevania Gothic

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Sorry but kbm is for fps and map games only. I don't have a controller so I have 0 platformers or fighting games in my Steam account in accordance with the law

Oh yeag, amd third person games are mostly ok for kbm as well.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

the thermal vision scene in mp1 was the first time my dad looked at a game i was playing and said "woah thats cool as gently caress, did i buy you this game?"

This was Summoner on PS2 for me

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Now my dad plays New Super Mario Bros on his DS

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Doctor Goat posted:

It took my dad 2 weeks to beat metroid prime and on the winning attempt he was so excited the dog thought he was calling it

The dog ran over and stepped on the GameCube reset button trying to get to him

Lol

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I've never actually played a metroid game but I'll probably play super metroid with my epic new gamepad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

elf help book posted:

i have the fc30 and its really good, i played all of shovel knight with it and a bunch of nes games

So I bought the nes30 pro and it's like, completely impossible to use with my PC?? And all the tech support and instructions are in terrible English :( but the controller itself is super nice

• Locked thread